Birthday - what's your drink? Results!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Zincht
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Re: Birthday - what's your drink?

Post by Zincht »

@Britain-

Between your drink and mine, we could make a Black Tea song!..

I use the little half-and-half creamers that are ultrapasteurized so you can leave them on your cupboard shelf. They come in single serving (from restaurant supply outlets, usually), and work better than an icepack and a reuseable glass jar of milk in a thermal bag (which I've also been known to do). I don't use a cup and saucer, but I do have a ceramic 'steeping mug' with lid. Anything I eat or drink at my workbench has to be covered (with a lid!) so I don't get diamonds or gold dust in it.

PS- I loved your descriptions!
Image Image Image Image Image
Burble | Memories | Flirt | Shoot | Diamond
Personalities!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Username: silvermoondragon
My drink: White Hot Chocolate
Why it's my favorite: White Chocolate is my favourite type of chocolate, and hot chocolate is my favourite warm drink, so the combination is perfect.
Samanayr description:
Taste of Winter Delight would be a Northern Samanayr, pure white with chocolatey brown drizzle markings on the back. She would have Upright hair styled to look like whipping cream(interested to see how that would work in combination with a Northern's fluffiness)

And now for extremely quick crappy doodle! Upright Northern fluff apparently became a hump...
Nighthenge
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Nighthenge »

This is my drink!

Username: Nighthenge
My drink: Chocolate Chai
Why it's my favorite: I love tea in general. Adding the spices of chai and the richness of chocolate make it taste like heaven in a cup!
Samanayr description: She would be a featherwinged Lamanayr. She is dark red in color with a blanket of white over her back and hindquarters with additional white spots radiating outward like sugar sprinkles. Her tufts are dark chocolate brown ending in bright red hooves. The feathers in her wings repeat the color of her tufts, dark brown tipped with red.
Additional traits:
Feather mane-brown close to her body but tipped in green. This stands for both the Aztec origin of the chocolate (Quetzalcoatl the Aztec "feathered serpent" god is often green) as well as the green of cardamom pods, one of the most important spices in chai.
Multiple legs-for the Indian origins of chai. A tribute to the many-armed representations of Hindi deities.
Phoenix tail-for both the exotic taste and the fact that the fancy feathers look like peacock feathers. Peacocks are the national bird of India. The shorter feathers repeat the colors of her mane; dark brown tipped in green while the longer fancy feathers are dark red with brown centers.
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

Zincht: LOL. Tea lovers unite! I've thought about the little creamers before, but haven't tried them...shall have to investigate next time I see them.

Also, 'so I don't get diamonds or gold dust in the drink' is the best excuse ever. EVER.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: Birthday - what's your drink? Results!

Post by Sushidragon »

Here we have our 'what's your drink?' winners :D

I loved amazondreamer's design for the rootbeer float! Although the design is simple, I feel that it depicts the deliciousness and yum of a rootbeer float XD

There also ended up being three random draw winners - another float, and two teas XD Congrats to Kahlira, Zincht, and Britain!

Image Image Image
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
oakleafwolf
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayr!

Post by oakleafwolf »

Congrats everyone!

Wow, Burble is just SOOOO happy! I love it!

Eddy, Memories, and Scrutiny are all very elegant, too. And I'm digging on the frothy tails. :)
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Congrats to the winners! They all turned out amazing! The two teas should get together and make delicious tea babies. >_>
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

O_______________________O WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Omg, I'm so excited, it makes me so happy to have a sam of my favorite tea <3 It's such a comfort to me!

GAH and she's GORGEOUS?!?!?! Thanks so much, Sushi!

>.> So uh...Zincht. About that tea song. XD
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Eeee! Oh she’s perfect! Burble is just so carefree and happy! Thank you so much Sushi :D

Eddy is charming, all those little bubbles all up his legs and the dragonfly wings are too cute! I love Memories’ colors especially the gradient on the wings. And antlers on a Lamanayr look awesome! Scrutiny is certainly an elegant lady, very cool and collected.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Congrats you guys, they turned out lovely! Burble is so...happy! And I love Eddy's wings; I don't think I've seen dragonfly wings on a Sam before but I hope to see more! Memories is quite regal. And Scrutiny...looks her name. She most definitely looks like she's scrutinizing me.

Lovely Sams all!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

*whistles* Those are some gorgeous Sams! Love the pink froth on that happy looking stallion! ;) The two tea ones are so elegant looking and lovely, and Burble's just so perky!

You all are a very lucky bunch! This was a really fun event. :)

*scampers off to draw fan art*
Willow
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Minayr

Post by Willow »

Eheee :'D

Congrats everyone! <33
~ Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ~
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Congrats! I really love Eddy for his beautiful wings and pattern and Scrutiny for her colours and pretty flowers. Burble is just such a happy Sam and Memories' wings do remind me of a tea leaf.
Zincht
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Zincht »

Oh my Gosh!!! They are so adorable! I agree, the little root beer is a definite winner, she is so bubbly and adorable.. she reminds me of summertimes in college, when we would all pile into a car and head up to the A&W to get root beer floats on tap.

It's almost too impossible to believe, but Britain and I *both* got our choice, too! That means... *gasp* A Tea Song!

Thankyou thankyou thankyou Sushi!!!

@Britain, I'll let your lady pick the hotspring and name it! She's so elegant, I'm sure Memories will be head over heels with her! Of course, if Scrutiny would prefer to be part of a traveling Song, that would work too. It might be fun for them to visit everywhere.
Burble | Memories | Flirt | Shoot | Diamond
Personalities!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I thought it was pretty awesome that random decided to go with those two tea Sams and then another float XD I look forward to seeing their Song!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Ooh, congrats guys! Both the floats look so happy, and the teas so serene. It is rather fitting that random chose two pairs as it were, especially one that was talked of beforehand... ^_^