Storm Watch - Tribal Stallion Seeks Mares!

Have a new Song looking for members? Want to trade an item for something else? This is the place to go!
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Storm Watch - Tribal Stallion Seeks Mares!

Post by Orasteele »

The long plains grasses rippled with the wind that blew across them. The faint scent of water was carried on the breeze offering promises of rain in the hours to come. Even with the foliage a plenty, watering holes were few and far between. Wings outstretched to ride the currents Flash of the Summer Storm spotted his target. A small watering hole sheltered beneath one of the few clusters of trees that dotted the endless green of the plains. Bells chimed as he gently touched down at the water’s edge. Heat lightning flashed in the darkening sky, illuminating the clouds behind it. The dark green and pale violet stallion snorted to himself, his good eye on the skyline. Let the land bound tribes run to their shelters, the storm winds were something to be enjoyed in his opinion. Shaking his head he turned back to the cool water he had been after.

Flash of the Summer Storm is looking to start his own tribal song!
  • RP is not required, but preferred as he is near and dear to my heart. I do work full time so please expect responses to be slow.
  • Tribal mares only please!
  • Wings are preferred, but not necessary.
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Re: Storm Watch - Tribal Stallion Seeks Mares!

Post by Eirnae »

The clouds had seemed to loom forever, darkening by degrees, leaving Echo to wait for the fulfillment of their promise of the storm to come. It was an exciting time, to feel the link to her element strengthen as the sun's hold upon the skies was choked into meagerness. Her only regret, as she glided through the cooling air, was the chance that she might not be able to bask in the light of the moon should the storm seek to claim its reign as well.

Shadow chirped from where he was nestled between the mystic's many wings, huddled upon her back to rest his own much smaller set of feathery appendages. Then came a repetitious peeping as the catgryph begged for something or other. As he and Echo had been so long together, she surmised that her little friend wanted something to drink. It didn't hurt her decision to note that the mystic was feeling a mite parched herself.

That was going to be somewhat of a challenge to find, since the pair had been exploring a wide expanse of plains that day, and were not familiar with the locations of sources of water. Making a mental note to be less careless in the future, Echo redirected herself from admiring the scenery to searching for something with which she and her companion could quench their thirst.

They were in luck! On Echo's second circling, she spotted a cluster of trees, a rare sight to be sure amid the miles of tall swaying grass. Trees usually meant water, so she partially tucked in her wings and dove in for a landing. Shadow poked his head over one of her shoulders to feel the wind rush against his face. All too soon the thrill of speed was gone, and Echo was buffeting her descent with quick but steady flaps. Shadow hopped from her back once they were safely on the ground, and together they navigated through the trees.

Perhaps it was a twist of fate, or irony, that lit up the sky behind the mystic as she advanced past the treeline. The sudden light revealed Flash of the Summer Storm in all of his glory, catching Echo off guard. Fluffing her wings in alarm, the mystic's legs slightly spread to steady her. Giving ground when there was potential for trouble wasn't something she was accustomed to, not unless it proved to her advantage. Sea green eyes gazed steadfastly at Flash's profile as Shadow hopped to be between the stallion and his Echo, puffing himself up to look as threatening as a catgryph could manage when facing off against a being at least twice his size.

As Shadow's posturing was bound to get them noticed, Echo twitched her head wings before offering in what she believed to be a pleasant tone, "You have my apologies if we ayre distuyrbing you. May any use this wateyring hole?
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Flash spun around to turn his good eye toward the sound of wings. Last thing he wanted was to be caught off guard and in someone’s territory and have them be on his blind side. Head low and horns poised to defend himself flash turned one weasel-black eye to take in his companions. He had grown used to the hostility of other tribal samanayrs, and more than once it had ended in combat. Beneath the patterned fur it was hard to see the scars, but the milky eye told his story well enough. As his eye traveled from the puffed up catgryph to the mare and blinked.

Beautiful was the only word that came to mind. Immediately his posture changed, bells chiming as he straightened himself. The last thing he wished to do was startle the mare before he’d even had a chance to speak with her. “I have no idea. I stopped heyre myself and was concyerned that you might have held claim to this pool as well. Foyrgive me if I may have fyrightened you or youyr companion, I tend to aiyr on the side of caution when I am unceyrtain as to which tyribe’s teyrritoyry I may be in. They tend to fight fiyrst and ask questions lateyr. Please help youyrself.”

He stepped aside, offering her ample access to the pool’s clear water. His feather-tufted ears turned toward the sound of the storm as a loud crack of thunder shuddered through the sky. “If I may ask, I don’t believe I’ve eveyr seen a Mystic with black styrands befoyre. What magic do you hold poweyr oveyr?”
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Eirnae »

Regardless of how Shadow continued to fuss, the catgryph hunching down as if about to spring with his tail sweeping up and into the air, Echo found herself smiling at the stallion beside the pool. The way the light from the storm danced across the water to dapple Flash's body only made his coloring all the more appealing, and he was the first tribal that she'd met within these new lands. Elation replaced apprehension, and Echo trotted around the bristling Shadow to be closer to both the other tribal and the enticement of the water.

Shadow went rigid as his friend got in front of him, then clicked his beak repeatedly in warning. When Echo didn't move, the catgryph squawked his disapproval.

"Hush," Echo directed over a shoulder before tucking in her wings, the multitude of feathers gently rustling as if sighing a lullaby. She turned to address Flash once more before adding, "Thank you foyr your couyrtesy, and please foyrgive Shadow. He has become accustomed to it being only the two of us these past moon cycles. You have not fyrightened eitheyr of us. Shadow is just being oveyrpyrotective."

The catgryph made a low hiss, then huffed before prowling to be between the two tribals once more. Shadow sat down and gave Flash a glare, his beady little eyes saying more than words ever could that he was just biding his time till the stallion made a wrong move.

"I have yet to see other tyribes in this ayrea," she mentioned while flicking an ear and its corresponding head wing, "In fact, you ayre the fiyrst of the tyribes I have met since coming to the lands of the yRainbow Hot Spyrings. It is good to know that I am not the only one of my heyritage here."

She, too, listened to the thunder, tilting her head as her large ears swiveled forward to catch every reverberation of the sound. The charms dangling from her feather tufted tail clinked softly as she swished it once behind her. "I do not mind questions when voiced as you have," was her sincere reply once the distraction had passed. "The shadows heed my Call. Oh, but pardon me a moment ..."

Echo dipped her head down, her long neck allowing the mystic to enjoy a refreshing drink without having to lower the rest of her body too much. When she rose again, it was with a sigh of satisfaction. "Now, if I may, I have a question foyr you. How did you come to be heyre?"

Shadow chirped in annoyance at being ignored. Getting up, he padded over to one of Echo's front legs and pawed at it.

"Yes, Shadow?" she asked, glancing down to set her mane with its braids and mystic strands lightly swaying. When the catgryph pawed at the ground, Echo trilled a soft laugh, then brought her head down to nudge the catgryph in the direction of the pool. "Go ahead and dyrink, my fyriend. It's safe."

Torn between wanting to correct Echo's misinterpretation of his efforts and his thirst, Shadow looked from the water to Flash, then grumpily headed to the pool's edge to lap at its glossy surface while keeping one eye and both ears trained on the tribal stallion.