'Maternity leave' hiatus - semi-back! See 1st post

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

'Maternity leave' hiatus - semi-back! See 1st post

Post by Sushidragon »

Baby Sushi has been a sweetheart lately and allowing me to get some work done (I'm watching him have a snooze right now XD)! What does this mean? Samanayrs are semi-back! I say 'semi' because although there will be new Sams and events taking place, for the time being there's not going to be nearly as much happening as before.

What to expect
There won't be a monthly PI thread, events scheduled too far in advance, or Ustreaming quite yet. Although Baby Sushi does let me get some coloring done, we're usually talking five minutes here or there (he's not too big on naps) so I can't say I'll have x-thing finished by y-time. When I have the chance to color, I'll do it, but I currently don't have the same turnaround time that I did before.

If you're waiting for anything
If you're waiting for anything, please send me a PM and let me know! I believe I'm all caught up (except for one outstanding post on the equip board and a custom that needs to be finished) but you never know XD

Redeeming custom/semi-custom/breeding tokens
You're welcome to redeem these at any time, they may just take me longer than usual to get finished! If you'd like to redeem one, just send me a PM with the required info.

---

Baby Sushi's due date is now only 30 days away (how did that happen?!), so I figured it's a good time to officially announce my 'maternity leave' hiatus!

What this means for Samanayrs
  • The 'anything goes' customs and prizes from the birthday contests will be finished before I wind everything down! The customs are all inked and I hope to have them finished in the next couple of days, while the contest prizes should be ready in the next few days :D
  • While on hiatus, I won't be having regularly scheduled events, monthly draws, breeding seasons, long-term events, or anything like that. I may run the occasional short-term event or random giveaway before Baby Sushi gets here (I hear the last month goes by slooooowly XD) as time and energy permits!
  • After the customs etc are finished, I am still hoping to get some random Sams stockpiled (I have a bunch inked, they just need coloring) and may look for people to help run events.
  • You can still redeem things like custom tokens, equip items/pets, and trade in items, it will just take longer than usual.
How long will the hiatus last?

I have no idea! Having never had a baby before I have no clue how long it will take for everything to get settled XD However, I will still be around on the forum and let you know how things are going, and when I have a better idea of when I might be back.

Can I run an event using my own items or premade Sams?

If you have an idea for an event, please send me a PM so we can discuss it!

I think that's everything - if you have any questions, just ask :D

(Baby Sushi seems to approve of this post.. it started squirming around while I was previewing it XD)
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
LakotaWolf
LOL WUT

Re: 'Maternity leave' hiatus announcement!

Post by LakotaWolf »

The BEST part is that even though Baby Sushi is DUE in 30 days, it may wait longer or come sooner :D :D :D :D

Well, at least you know we'll be counting the days with you, if not in quite the same degree of eager expectation XD

Oh, tell Mr. Sushi he needs to make a forum account and come RIGHT HOME after Baby Sushi is born so he can post and tell us gender and name, gosh >:{
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Mr Sushi does have a forum account (Rizulli) so I'll make sure to get him to post from his iPhone when Baby Sushi does get here XD

I do wish the baby would let us know exactly when it's going to arrive, it really could be anywhere from right now to another couple of weeks after the due date >:[ Although my family does tend to have babies right around the due date.
Image Image

Xenon
Will Stalk You

Post by Xenon »

Aren't babies frustrating with their tendency to show up whenever they're ready and not a moment sooner (or later)? XD

I wish you the best of luck, I'm sure the next little while will be insane. :) If you need any help at all, please don't hesitate to send me a message. Granted, I'm not sure what I could possibly do - but if there is something, yeah. XD
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I'm still alive! The due date's this Friday and Baby Sushi is still hanging in there. I, however, can no longer bend over my desk to draw or sew, so unfortunately Samanayr coloring is going to have to wait until I've deflated and have some time XD; Sorry!
Image Image

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly and without a hitch of any kind!