Pickiest Sams

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Pickiest Sams

Post by Jennalyn »

It always seems to happen - you get a new Sam, start developing all these plans for them... and then they hit you with unreasonable demands. There's usually one in every crowd. Sometimes more. The bigger the crowd, the more picky little monsters you may have. xD

What are some of the frustrating or amusing "demands" you've had to deal with when making plans for your Sams? I'm curious and have a feeling this will prove entertaining.

I'll go first! x3 *pulls up database records* Plus it's just fun to stare at more pictures, y'know?

ZEPHYR! She was so apathetic about everything at first. She's one of my top-tier favorite Sams and I could see her going with sooo many males. I'd initially been set on Plume, but then Rend spoke up, and then that RP happened, and- and- and yeah. I'm honestly soooo glad things worked out how they did, since I think her daughter is a much better match for Plume both in looks and personality, but she gave me a bit of a fit in the beginning.

Image Image

SPIKE! You nasty little cuss... y u no like wingy ladiez?!?!?! Seriously, matchmaking for him would have been sooooo eeeeaaaasssyyyy. There were all these snarly, beautiful ladies with wings. Just something about the thought of them being able to fly away from him hits his rage button in terrible ways. It's why he's been around so long and only has two ladies. *eyeroll* Spike... srsly man.

KODYLAS! They're thrown in here more for amusement than actual frustration, since their species is picky by name and nature. xD They won't form Songs because they're jealous ho's, they won't take permanent mates because they're way too vain for that, and each of them has little personal quirks in what they will and will not accept in another Kodyla male.

Image Image Image

MISERY! You are your own special little flower of annoyance, but I expected it as soon as you appeared. <3 Someday. We shall see.

SHADE! Finally, after all this time, I've found a male you'll settle down with. (And he's like, the prince of tentacle shadows. Wtf darling.) But she caused me the biggest headache because she initially only wanted another Minayr male, but NOT the gent she came in with. And then she saw all the Sam world had to offer and wouldn't give me any preferences whatsoever. And finally went "I want something exciting" and wouldn't share much more reasoning. And started staring at the biggest, baddest Elemental she'd ever seen. Siiiiigh. <3

Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Re: Pickiest Sams

Post by Janalee »

CALAMITY.
Hands down. *grins*

Inferno and I keep waiting anxiously for her to settle down...but she's such a flirt, and honestly just enjoys tormenting her elitist mother with the prospect of joining a Song with a non-Elemental stallion. *smirks* Since she's more interested in power than just Elemental magic, it's not exactly an idle threat- I'd actually been thinking of trying to introduce her to Twist of Moldering Flesh, but probably I missed my chance with that, and their personalities may have been a bit too similar anyway. I'm kind of hoping some Nightfall foals might be...appropriate, though. :twisted:

Misery of the Jungle Spike is definitely one of my favorite Sams of all time; I'd love to see the stallion she would pair with! Though, I still wonder if that would end well for her or not...she'd definitely still be a character, either way.
And Kodylas, Kodylas...I don't suppose that Chant of the Tropical Blaze would ever consider Flair of the Fire's Edge, would she? I was so tempted to beg you and Pristine for permission for them this breeding season. :D
Pristine
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Pristine »

Actually, Chant already approached Flair... and he was quite surprised and intrigued by the boldness. I'm sure Flair could see his way to spending some time with her!

Personally I don't have many picky Sams. I thought Grandeur of the Ancient Ruins would be my pickiest (being that he was only looking for mares with wings, preferably with wyvern, and with colors matching his own), but he managed to find quite the collection of beauties for the Song of the Antediluvian Firmament... one more lady and he'd be full-up!

I guess Mystic of the Scarce Rainfall is turning out to be my pickiest, then. He absolutely had to have a Desert with markings and colors similar to his own, and he almost immediately found Journey, who was SO perfect he really hadn't had eyes for anyone else until Illusion of the Dancing Waters came along recently (and she's new to the Sam world and not ready to settle down just yet).
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Oh Calamity, I just looooove you and your brother to itty bitty teeny weeny pieces. <3<3<3 Y'know, I think that she and their mother are a large part of why Hazard only has one Elemental mare. xD He looked at himself, looked at his fiery lady, looked at the rest of the world, and just sort of went "...yes. This is fine." And gathered himself a grouping of pretty Sam ladies.

Oh yes, the second she owned him, I sent Pristine a PM saying that she could breed Chant and Flair ANY time she wanted to. She appreciates that his hooves are the same shade as her hooks and approves mightily in his choice of mane decor. Kodyla vanity would permit such a pairing, methinks. :3 And she is quite brazen for her species. Bard simply wants nothing to do with her and Princess finds her a terrible boor. She thinks that the pair of them are far too snippy for her tastes. All around it's just a catfight of hilarious proportions. I'm glad that they live in separate locations, let me just say... xD

Janalee, if you ever want to try for it, just let me know. :3

Image Image
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

I think Waft is going to be a challenge. What I've worked out so far is that she wants someone as gorgeous as she is, who will treat her like the star she perceives herself to be. Lead mare is high on the priority list, but if she finds a stallion that blows her mind but who already has a lead mare, she'll settle. But only if the other mares are as special as she is. No ego there, nope.
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

*stage whisper* Waft should peek at Shooooore... his only other mare is not the lead and she's a beautiful Shifter.

*admires her* I must admit to a fondness for Air Elementals ever since Zephyr came about. She's just such an odd duck.
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Hrmm... Most of mine aren't really picky, looks wise. /D Personality, on the other hand, can cause serious issues.

I seriously thought Poison would never actually woo a mare. I mean, seriously. He's so violent and self-destructive and anti-others for such a plain old' Sam, and the fact that he's actually finally settled with somemare makes me all kinds of confused but happy. Still totally mystified with how Shadow deals with him though.

... I'm beginning to doubt this guy will ever form a song. Ever. Not because he's picky, but because his backstory (which I will someday find time to write) basically won't allow him to let down his walls to let mares in. Because they -and the emotions associated with them long-term- cause only pain. He'll hopefully end up with a healer at some point, cause I do want his offspring, but an actual song... Yeah. It's looking pretty bleak.
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Poor Frenzy. :/ Perhaps his time with a Healer someday could facilitate the beginning of his emotional healing, enough to allow another Samanayr into his life long-term? The scarred ones can be the hardest.
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

:S I'm hoping so. I really seriously have to write his story, cause it's all together in my head, I just never seem to have enough time... He's been through tragic things, poor boy, but I really want him to end up happy.
Only problem is, I could see him giving his heart to the Healer that revived it, and ending up follow her around instead to keep her from danger. *headesk*
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

I really didn't think this guy was going to start a Song for awhile. He's grumpy, he's a grouch, he's not terribly social and doesn't leave his little stretch of the ocean unless driven out. And then Jewel showed up, met him, and declared that she was going to be his mare. *shrugs* I'm still not sure exactly how that works out given that his mares are pretty much polar opposites of him, but they seem to be happy.

This guy...shouldn't be picky, but manages to come across picky anyways. He wants variety! Everything! No repeats! Which means he tends to freak out and short circuit his little head when he tries to decide on mares to approach. He's actually too broad seeking I think... He just wants color galore, different species for each mare, no traits repeating except maybe something minor, the most traits possible... He has no idea what he wants other than everything and trying to choose which four mares out of all of them just overwhelms him.

She's got contradictory desires. She wants someone big and tough and strong and just a bit scary, like daddy. But they have to love her and play with her and be happy to romp in (somewhat dangerous) fun and games with her. She's sweet...but a bit nuts and she plays rough at times without thinking it's anything other than normal play.

He insists on mares who remind him of dinosaurs (not many of which exist and are available right now). Or maybe prehistoric scenery, but he does want dino ladies. At least he knows what he wants though.

And that's leaving out my collection of Sams who have already told me they will not be joining Songs... This whole lot here has no intention of finding partners for a variety of reasons. A few of them might be convinced otherwise...but most of them are quite firmly against the notion (or...y'know...are a Healer and couldn't join a Song if she wanted to...).
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
So I guess they don't really count as picky since they do know exactly what they want and it isn't a Song...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

*laughs* Between Calamity and Inferno, it may be a wonder that Hazard wanted any Elemental mares in his Song. XD I love that family so, so much.

And I'm so glad to hear that Chant and Flair have already been considering each together! I was afraid their personalities might prevent them from having a completely fabulous foal...but as long as it's just Bard and Princess who absolutely can't stand Chant, it's all good. :D If they don't have one by the next time I have a chance at a breeding, you can probably bet on my asking both of you about it; I'd just love to see what their little bundle of fluff and conceit would look like. ^_^
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

Vibrance totally has the hots for Luster, and is utterly ticked that I got swamped and didn't continue that RP in the old personals area. Which ... I totally should, if he was at allllll still interested. Ehe.

Generally my lot are almost all hilariously picky. They will indicate aboslutely no preference for anyone, and then BAM! one day another sam drops out of the blue and sweeps them off their feet. Seriously. Has happened with both my Illiayr & her fluffy daughter Jubilation (who is still totally in the honeymoon phase with Mr. Phosphor. What a stallion!) and several others.

I'm waiting for my elemental girls to give me SOME sort of inclination of what they're looking for, but so far no dice. Oi.

Image Image

And Crash is too busy playing in the surf to pay me ANY heed.

One day my Kodyla might actually get around to wooing a lady, but he'd have to stop staring in the mirror first. Or at least get one big enough for two... and I don't know if I see that happening any time soon.

Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Oh my god Darer is driving me nuts. There are so many stallions she would look amazing with but she's made it clear she has no intention of joining a song any time soon.

Plume was pretty picky about his song. He wanted something special for his lead and more than willing to wait for the right mare after Zephyr choose Rend. Furthermore he wanted the rest of his song to have simple colors and patterns - nothing too busy or complicated.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage