Holiday Exchange Discussion

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: Holiday Exchange Discussion

Post by Sushidragon »

I finally got my cards written, yay @___@ They'll be going out in the mail tomorrow so they'll probably be late, sorry!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Dap, I just got your card yesterday! :shock: It's so DANG CUTE. Currently hanging on our tree, too, in a place of honor next to some of the other 'ponies'. xD I can't believe how adorable that scarf turned out. Crochet/knitting were crafts I never fell into, but I love the look of the woven yarn. My mom used to make little "bookworm" bookmarks using the same stitch.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

Jennalyn wrote:Dap, I just got your card yesterday! :shock: It's so DANG CUTE. Currently hanging on our tree, too, in a place of honor next to some of the other 'ponies'. xD I can't believe how adorable that scarf turned out. Crochet/knitting were crafts I never fell into, but I love the look of the woven yarn. My mom used to make little "bookworm" bookmarks using the same stitch.

Hehe. XD The second Dap said she was going to do that I knew they'd be a hit!

Sorry guys, exams have got me scrambling so mine will not be out for a bit. :/ Hopefully once I get home! Looking forward to cards when I get back to my house tomorrow! :D

(Also, Seren doesn't get her Dapples thing until after Christmas, bah. XD)
Signature under construction!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

Jennalyn wrote:Dap, I just got your card yesterday! :shock: It's so DANG CUTE. Currently hanging on our tree, too, in a place of honor next to some of the other 'ponies'. xD I can't believe how adorable that scarf turned out. Crochet/knitting were crafts I never fell into, but I love the look of the woven yarn. My mom used to make little "bookworm" bookmarks using the same stitch.

<3 <3 <3 *hearts of explosions directed at Jenn*

You're very extremely welcome!! I was sad that it curled, but since it's so small, sadness! XD my mom taught me how to knit, and she learned from my dads mom, woo XD I've yet to actually learn how to make cool designs (or finish a nice big scarf), but one day!

*more hearts of explosions of happiness*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

I finally managed to find the time to finish up my cards, but they won't be able to go out until Monday, so hopefully some of them will get to their destinations before Christmas.
I can't wait to start finding cards in the mailbox!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

So the mail people returned my card for Elven, at first they said like a 20 cent stamp was needed, and then there were scribbles all over the thing... so much confusion! I rewrote that and that will be sent out (with two stamps to be safe) with the out of country ones (sorry you guys XD I've been meaning to do you all for nearly two weeks!). Then everyone will stay warm and happy!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

So I have Jaes card (that was a week or so ago I think) and today I got Sushi's card! I love that front, hahaha XD
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

I got Sushi's and silvermoondragon's - Thanks guys! silvermoondragon, that pop up is adorable. :)
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

I got cards from Sushi and Jaes already, I think it was Monday, but since it's snowing like crazy today, I might not get any more until next week...

@ Jaes - I think your popup turned out the best, I made it last because the template I found didn't have manes and I was dreading the flaming mane, but in the end all the experience of putting the other ones together meant that it worked out the best! Sorry the rest of the card is kind-of lacking, but I just ran out of time for that part of my cards. Also, I loved your little drawing of Blizzard, so cute!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Unfortunately I hadn't received any cards before we left, but that just gives me something to look forward to when we go home :D We had a snowstorm last week and didn't get any mail so there's probably some hiding away somewhere..
Image Image

ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

Unfortunately my cards will be late. I am terribly sorry. I have been so busy these past few weeks and so has my mom. I don't drive so she is the one who has to take me to the post office and we just haven't had the time. :( I feel so bad.

We are going to the post office tomorrow for sure.

I received a card from Jaes. I love the drawing of Bugle <3 Thankyou!
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

I got silver's card yesterday! I love it! How you made that work so nicely is beyond me, and how the parts all match up nicely, too cute.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2802
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

ElvenArcher wrote:Unfortunately my cards will be late. I am terribly sorry. I have been so busy these past few weeks and so has my mom. I don't drive so she is the one who has to take me to the post office and we just haven't had the time. :( I feel so bad.

We are going to the post office tomorrow for sure.

I received a card from Jaes. I love the drawing of Bugle <3 Thankyou!
I'm in the same boat I'm afraid! D: My cards got left somewhere and we're renovating the kitchen so everything is getting lost! However I'm trying to make the art special to make up for lateness! </3
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

@SilverDapples - I'm glad you liked it! Here's the template here: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Reindeer- ... -Method%29 if you ever want to try some yourself. I just coloured it and depending on the Samanayr modified the antler bit or didn't use it, and for some added little bits to the Samanayr piece. I think the hardest part was transferring the Samanayr's markings. In hindsight, I should have modified the face structure to be more like the Samanayrs, but I was near the end when I really started playing around with the template and I just ran out of time.
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Jaes »

Got SilverDapples'! I can't believe how cute she turned out! She went right on the tree. :D Thanks!

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

I also got SilverDapples' card on Christmas eve, so perfect timing! I loved Vapor and her cute little scarf. Thanks so much Dapples!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Oh yay!!! I'm so glad! Curl looks adorable in that tree! And I'm glad you love Vapor, silver!!
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

I have finished all my cards.... Dapples pushed me to finish the art. (Lucky me. XD) I'm sorry they're so late, next year I will start earlier on people I can probably guess will be taking part XD

The idea behind the art is that I took a Samanayr of yours and fit them into a fairytale character. If you're confused/curious about my choices, just pop me a PM when you get them! XD
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

We got home yesterday and I opened up some cards this morning, yay :D SilverDapples and silvermoondragon, your goodies were awesome and so adorable - thank you!

I know it's January now but I think I'm going to keep the holiday card string up for a few days yet.. and the lights.. and the decorations.. >_>
Image Image

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

@Sushi - Glad you liked it, I hope Glint's mane stayed on though... It was my first major departure from the template I was using so it was a little tricky to work out...
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

Ok so I gave my mom all my cards to get them sent before Christmas and I just found them in the car... So I am terribly sorry they will be very late... *sigh* I hope to do better next time . :|
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Jaes »

I finally got through the piles of mail that came while I was away for the holidays, and found Oak and Amazon's card! Thanks guys - The pic of Curl is adorable! I think I'm going to cut it out so I can use it as an ornament for next Christmas. :)
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

I just got Oak and Amazon's card today as well, thanks so much for the beautiful drawing of Blizzard playing with her mouse!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I got Oak and Amazon's card today, thank you for the cute drawing of Glint! He's getting quite a swelled head about all the art he's received :D
Image Image

ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

Ok guys... Still haven't sent my cards, I have been sooo busy this month it's crazy.

I will get them sent soon though, with a little Valentine's Day Surprise! Just as a sorry they are so late hehe.

I feel really terrible that I didn't get them sent before. Hopefully I will do better next time. :)

I received 6 cards and they are all fantastic! Thankyou!
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage