Habit RPG

Talk about anything you want here.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Habit RPG

Post by Jennalyn »

Does anyone else use this? o__o I just found it yesterday and I'm utterly delighted by its task system. I've been browsing productivity apps/sites/to-do thingies for a while now, but none of their organizational methods sat quite right with me.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: Habit RPG

Post by Sushidragon »

I've been meaning to sign up for a while so I finally made an account :D My username is Linzon if you can add friends and stuff like that.
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Aaaaah, Jenn, this is brilliant! I've been looking for a new to-do list app for a while now (I currently just use the default reminders on my iPad, but the newest update has made it somewhat of a pain.) and this is just perfect.

I'll chuck my code here, just in case anyone creates a party. :3 I don't think we can currently add users as 'friends' or anything, though.
6a7d8bf8-1e64-4c44-b9da-991edc0dd95c
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Talk about timing; I was just thinking I need to find a better to-do app/site thingy. Here is my code if anyone is starting a same group :)

3a21470a-e5ce-46e7-9e91-0de5e4070775
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

I haven't been able to figure out how to connect in any way with specific people on the site... but I've gotta say, I am in love with the way it organizes its tasks/dailys/habits. This site and its mild motivation in the form of gold/health reduction have really helped me stay on top of some of the small daily personal maintenance tasks that I get really lazy on without meaning to.

*stares sidelong at the toothbrush* >//> *shame*

But! Yeah. I've only "died" once and that was during the bulk of the move, since I didn't have time or brainpower to do a lot after hauling furniture and unpacking a ton of boxes. xD
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Here's mine...

85cfc690-2a1e-4fab-a5d3-b16ce4b658fa

Looks like someone has to create a party and invite people to it? But you can only do it on the web site for right now, looks like the mobile app isn't quite up to it yet.

I'll give this a few days and see how it sticks before I start dragging any of you guys into my stuff XD
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

I died too - partially because I started a house sitting job and that's made doing my dailies difficult and also cause I think I'm misunderstanding the categories...

Are To-Do not for long term goals? If not what sort of things do you put in your To-Do's?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

I think the To-Do's are more for "I need to clean that object/place", "I need to buy that thing I need", "I need to do thing this/next week". For more long-term goals, I've been using the Habits - every time I do something that contributes towards the long term goal, such as "Eat Healthy", I give it a plus-bump. (And a negative when I scarf down chips. >__>)

Habits would probably work for larger/more "end result" long-term goals too. Like "Finish huge project/buy house/etc", you could give a plus every time you put in 15min/whatever milestone needed to be done to achieve the goal. And you'd just remove the habit if it was a long-term goal that could be finished, vs something like eating healthy that will always be ongoing.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

Thanks Jenn, that makes more sense and will probably help with the not dying aspect of the site :P
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I finally started getting my stuff set up (and found out I'd died because I hadn't logged in since I registered XD; ), anyone in a fun party?
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog