"What Do I See?"

Have a new Song looking for members? Want to trade an item for something else? This is the place to go!
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

"What Do I See?"

Post by Harroway »

My little lady here has expressed interest in finding herself a Song. She's not picky on the appearance of the stallion or other mares at all - in fact, she's blind! So it doesn't matter. XD Any species is welcome to come see her, even if they're not interested in making a Song. Sibyl loves company and doesn't detest anyone based on their looks - only their personality. Please feel free to drop by!

----

Sibyl sat beneath a willow tree, looking up at the sky expectantly. While she couldn't see, she could feel, and feel she did. She listened carefully to the swaying breeze through the leaves and the slow rock of the water in a nearby pond. She cast aside the anguish of being born blind a long time ago, and instead now longed for simple companionship. She'd been alone most of her life due to her disability, and had flown only briefly. The wind carried sweet scents down from the mountains and up from the valleys - an absolute delight to her.

"Such a lovely evening." Sibyl then chuckled. "Or morning! I'm neveyr suyre. It always smells nice at this time of day." The mare leaned into the wind and imagined what she thought flowers would look like, or what a willow tree would look like. She only knew it was a willow because its leaves hung low and grazed her face when she walked beneath it. Even though she gave labels to things she felt in the world, she never knew if any of it were correct, and she didn't mind at all.
Last edited by Harroway on Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Re: "What Do I See?"

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((Well, I'm not sure that they'd get along...but I told you I'd send Flare in to play, so here he is! Hope you don't mind if I randomly choose a time of day for this since he can see.))
The sun was begining to go down, darkening the sky and tinging the bland, saltless waters Flare found himself in red. Fitting, the aquatic stallion thought with a snort. His mood, never the sweetest, was worse than usual this evening. A bachelor Song of young males had invaded his comfortable reefs and harassed him until he'd taken refuge in a spring that ran down to the ocean. Curse them for figuring out that while his colors mimiced those of a venomous fish he himself lacked any venom in his fins. And now Flare had irritably resigned himself to an unpleasant night in this cursed fresh water. It irritated his skin, especially the more delicate membranes of his wings.

He was grumbling to himself in low snorts and grunts, when he heard another voice softly speaking. The stallion glared suspiciously around and mostly submerged himself. He'd been swimming on the surface to keep the fresh water off of him as much as possible, but he'd rather get an idea of who, or what, was ahead before they saw him. Quietly he slipped from the flowing stream into the still waters of the pond, searching for the speaker. But Sibyl's dark coloring and the drooping branches of the willow kept the mare hidden from him for the moment.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Pathos
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Pathos »

*edit* I'm sorry, my RPing is just lame :(
I'll post my boys anyways, please forgive my lack of RP skills!

Nobility has some space in his song if you were interested?

Storm is looking for ladies as well, he hasn't officially started a Song yet but he plans to!

Tyger's Song has spots open as well I believe, although he will have to speak with his lead mare to be certain, as he values her opinion above all others :)

Feel free to contact me if any of them catches your eye!
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

ImageImage

The cool evening air whistled over the startling colors of Plunge's leathered wings as he flew, tumbling and playing with in the wind like a foal on their first flight. Flying beneath the stars always seemed to have this affect on him, freeing him of what few inibitions he had and giving his the wild and carefree spark of a child.

His companion on this auspicious night however flew with steady, if somewhat slow, wing beats, watching her stallion with quiet amusement. She did not partake of his tomfoolery, merely letting the soothing air flow through her short mane. To anyone below, she would have resembled a slow-moving shooting star, with her tail streaming out behind her and legs tucked in tight to her pale, streamlined form.

"How 'bout theyre, Echo?" The gaudily colored stallion had spotted the silver glint of the pool below, and seemed enthused by the idea of a midnight swim. While he droped like a stone towards the water, his mare floated down in less enthused spirals, a desert through and through she had swum only once, during a flash flood. She still harboured residual fears about the fickle nature of water, and so as her partner entered the water with a splash, she merely floated down and, with wings wide, flew through the curtain of leaves to touch down inside. As a partial albino, her sight was to poor to notice that she was not the only one beneath the tree. It helped that she had flow into the tree on the opposite side to the other mare, though she knew it not.
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

(( Sorry for the wait! I'll get going on these responses. XD ))
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Sibyl heard the distinctive sound of others speaking, making her ears twitch with delight. Ah, someone else! she thought. The mare stood and found her way to the base of the pond, leaning down carefully to take a drink. She thought she heard something else in the water, and let her head linger at the surface for a moment, but knew she couldn't see whatever it was. For a moment, she cursed her blindness, but let the feeling slip past her like the breeze.

The mare raised her head and cocked it to the side. "Hello! If I may, who is theyre?" she said to the wind, knowing someone was out there, and they sounded winged like she was. She wondered what time of day it was then, and listened for a response.

(( @Pathos - Nobility and Tyger are splendid boys! I'll take a look at their Songs! <3 ))
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

Plunge had kicked his way back to the surface after his headlong dive, and was more than surprised to find himself a mere metre away from another Sam. He held his breath for a moment, wondering whether he was intruding on another's territory though he had heard no rumors of other Songs in the area, before his curiousity got the better of him. As he kicked himself smoothly to the side, he observed the new mare curiously. She was unlike anything he had ever seen, and Plunge had travelled wide before settling down, if you could call him settled. She spoke, a cautious greeting which he returned with a cheery one of his own. "Gyreetings, fyriend! I am Plunge, and I appologize if I distuyrbed you in any way." His curiousness was tempered by the chivalrous heart that had won over his mares, and he held back any questions to make sure he wasn't intruding on a personal moment.

Echo, still behind the willows trailing leaves, heard her love's voice over his splashing and came to investigate. The cool silver starlight was just right for her to se clearly the strange mare who stood at the pool's edge, and Plunge's bobbing head as he swum towards the shore. With the silent steps that came so easily to her she hung at the edge of the leaves, shy as ever and much more cautious than the swimming stallion. Her baleful red eyes watched the meeting but did not intervene.

((:D I've never RP'd these two together, so this is fun! Sibyl is awesome, by the way... Absolutely beautiful.))
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

As the pale white stallion plunged down into the water Flare fought down the automatic responce of flaring out his spiney fin wings and settled for rearing back slightly and kicking one finned foot with a snort. "No couyrtasy, none of the youngeyr geneyratiions have any couyrtasy anymoyre. Wouldn't have botheyred you a bit to have landed yright on top of me I'm sure. Neveyr a thought foyr if an Aquatic might be in the bit of water you fancy playing in," the lionfish mimic groused as he let himself rise in the water once more. "Thought I was a yrock no doubt." Flare glared at the stallion before realizing that the fellow likely still hadn't noticed him. Turning his baleful glare in the direction of the stallion's attention he finally found...well, if not the speaker he'd been looking for at least someone Two someones actually. Even if he couldn't see either of them clearly under the shadows of that tree.

"Thyree of you. Claimed this as you'yre Song I suppose. I'm to be dyriven off yet again? Does it matteyr who I am? Shan't be heyre much longeyr I shouldn't think." HIs fin wings did flicker up and out now, not quite flaring, but close. Dark eyes flickered back and forth between the stallion and the two mares. He didn't relish the thought of traveling still more today when he was already tired, but he was confident that even in the fresh water he could outmanuver these land and sky dwelling Samanayr-kin.

((I knew Flare was grumpy...but apparently he's also a bit older and...er...the crotchety old man?))
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

(( Thank you very much, Cosmic! I'm now collecting modiems to make Sibyls into a species!

I have to ask that you guys be patient with me in replying to this. A lot of stuff happened yesterday that needs to be dealt with, so I might be a little slow in replying. I apologize ahead of time. ))
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

The dark mare chuckled and turned her head to where she thought Plunge's voice was coming from. She was probably off by a bit, making her look decidedly peculiar. She heard a second, incredibly grumpy, voice coming from the pond as well. Two companions, she thought she counted, and was delighted. "You have not distuyrbed me, kind styranger! But it seems you've stepped on the pond! You may want to apologize to it instead of me." She laughed again and sincerely hoped the pond wasn't too upset that someone had gone and jumped in it. She believed in elementals, though she had no idea what they sounded like.

Holding her head low to the water, she hoped to possibly appease it. "Dear water spiyrit, please do not be angeyred by this kind styranger! He meant no hayrm." She nodded then, confident, and lifted her head again. Her ears twisted to listen for anyone else, but she could not tell any of the splashing apart.
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

Plunge tilted his head curiously when the strange mare turned to look at, no wait, past him. Her eyes, which he had guessed as merely a pale blue, were in fact clouded over, blinded by internal fog. She truely could not see him at all. The thought didn't bother him, in fact, as he had first fallen in love with a mute, and he had found that many of those with such hold-ups were infact more likely to view life with the same live-every-day-like-your-last attitude he boasted. "I am glad, beautiful mistyress! I'm afyraid I did a little moyre than step on the pond howeveyr..." With a sheepish smile, he turned to the pond and spotted the shadow lurking just beneath the surface. "My apologies, good siyr, for distuyrbing the wateyrs of youyr pond without youyr peyrmission. I am but a travelleyr of the sky, I foyrget sometimes that the woyrlds wateyrs ayre the yrealm of otheyrs."

Still as the shadows she stood in, Echo listened attentively to the conversation going on before her, laughing silently as her stallion apologized to a pool of water. She as of yet had seen no sign of life inside it's depths, an so thought him to merely be appeasing the strange mare.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

As one of the hidden mares began to speak Flare snorted and glared at the drooping branches which still mostly hid her from sight. "Not a pond am I. I'm an Aquatic, ayren't I? Wouldn't want to be a pond anyways. No salt. Good wateyr always needs salt." He kicked one foot for emphasis, splashing noisily in the process. The last statement had been in a deeper voice than most of his complaints, taking on almost a growl instead of the higher pitched slight whine that his voice had held until then.

Flare raised one eyeridge at the other stallion as Plunge commented on the hidden one's beauty. "Can see heyr can you? Betteyr eyes than mine then. Oyr else a habitual flatteyreyr. Not actually youyrs, is she then?" Truth be told his eyesight was better underwater than out in the air, and the fresh water was irritating his eyes as well, making it worse. Gliding closer to the other stallion, a wary look still on his face, Flare peered at him, frowning. "Not my pond. Don't want it to be my pond. Who wants a pond when they can have the ocean? Just heyre foyr the night. Still don't like being almost cyrashed into when it's time foyr sleep. Mind wheyre you land next time boy. Appology accepted I suppose." He waved one fin wing absently, unintentionally sending a fair sized wave towards Plunge.

His eyes narrowed again as he turned back towards the shore where one dark and one light form stood under the tree. "Two voices I heayr but thyree Kin I see," he growled, flaring out his wings. The light surface almost glowed in the pale moonlight and released the briny scent of the sea.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Sibyl smiled and stepped closer to the water's edge, listening carefully to Flare's words and Plunge's compliments. She wasn't used to being complimented, but she was thankful that most other Samanayrs did not comment at all on her blindness and just let her be. It wasn't a disability, but a challenge. Sibyl could hear the waves created by Flare's great fins (fins, she supposed, because he made such quiet movements) and imagined him to be a huge and elegant creature, though with a personality like a cactus. The dark mare took two steps forward and stood with her legs slightly wet in the pond, enjoying the coolness of the waters. This also allowed her to gauge where everyone was in relation to herself.

"I thank you for youyr kind woyrds, styranger." Sibyl lowered her head in a bow to him, or where she thought he was. "I would like to meet youyr companion as well! Is he or she as fyriendly as you ayre? They ayre veyry quiet and I did not heayr them appyroach."

When Flare explained that he was an Aquatic and not an elemental, Sibyl tried to picture him in a different light. While she'd never seen a fish, she had felt them before, and they were slippery, scaled things that felt like an oval and had sharp, pointy bits to them. They smelled like river and sometimes like ocean, with a hint of salt in the air. "I hope youyr stay in the pond is not too disagyreeable, sir Aquatic. You sound quite layrge and majestic! Ayre you in a Song, with otheyr aquatics like youyrself?"

(( Typing is hard with bandaids on your fingers! XD ))
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

((Bandaids are not fun things, nope nope! XD Also... I lost this stupid reply three times. XD And it seems to have shrunk from three paragraphs to one.))

With a bemused smile, Plunge cast his gaze over the beautiful stranger's shoulder to the pale ghost-like Desert mare who still lingered at the tree's border. She met his eyes with a small smile that cloaked her underlying uncertainty. "Woyrds that ring tyrue, sweet maiden! And my companion is quite fyriendly, yes, but teyrribly shy I'm afyraid, and cannot speak a woyrd." With a jerk of his head, the lamanayr stallion encouraged the mare over to join them. With cautious steps she moved herself closer to the strange mare, coming alongside her mate slowly and stopping what she thought of as a safe distance from both the stranger and the water that seemed to be attracting so much attention.

"This is Echo, my closest companion." Dipping her head, the mare's eyes flicked around, trying to take in her suuroundings.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((Eee, no, bandaids and fingers don't mix happily...))

As Echo ventured out of the shadows and stood by Plunge Flare relaxed, lowering his fin wings again. "Hmph. Can't blame her for not saying anything then I suppose." He tilted his head and regarded the three Samanayrs who stood in or near the shallows. Sibyl was finally close enough that he too could make out the clouded surface of her eyes and realize that she was blind. No wonder she'd thought he was the pond.

Shifting from side to side in the water as though testing it for comfort, sending little wavelets rolling up the legs of those standing in the shallows, Flare replied. "Oh, could be woyrse, could be woyrse I suppose. No muck heyre. Can't stand all that gyreen scum that still wateyr gets. Have a name you know. Hmm, neveyr gave that to you did I? Suppose not. Doesn't look like I'm being dyriven away after all so why not? SpikyTempeyr-Flayre I am. No Song oyr I'd still be in the ocean. Hayrd for one old Aquatic to chase off a lot of hooligans isn't it? Betteyr move out until they get boyred and leave. Always do. No patience. Suyrpyrised you don't have a Song. Oyr do you? Maybe you'yre only lost. Oyr needing youyr time away. What about you flyboy? Peyrhaps you weyre looking for heyr? No...you didn't seem to know heyr befoyre." Sharp black eyes watched the other three intently. Flare hadn't decided what to make of them. But this was certainly going to be more interesting of a night than he'd expected.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Sibyl's ears flexed and turned as she listened to the all-but-silent movements of the one called Echo. Ah, so Echo was mute, and could not speak even if she wished it! Sibyl thought of her as a kindred spirit already, and could sense a shy but caring presence from her. Plunge must have thought highly of her to keep her as a companion as close as he did, and the dark mare admired the stallion for it. "It is a pleasuyre to meet you, Echo!" the mare said and bowed her head in Plunge's general direction. "I am Sibyl of the Twisting Nebula. I am alone and I have no Song, but if I may, I consideyr the thyree of you fyriends and companions." She bowed again and smiled.

It was nice to have someone to talk to, especially those she did not think were concerned with their own, or her, appearance. She didn't even know what she herself looked like, let alone what a nebula looked like, but she knew it was up. Up somewhere that she couldn't see, but maybe one day someone could describe it to her. The wind blew again, and just slightly made ripples in the pond. Sibyl wondered if the ocean was cold, and if Flare liked it that way.

"It is a pleasuyre to meet you as well, Flayre. I hope that, if you would like it, you find a nice Aquatic mayre to act as a companion to you. I imagine the ocean might get lonely and dayrk, unless that is youyr pyreference!" Sibyl backtracked when she realized that she shouldn't assume everyone who was alone was lonely. Flare sounded experienced and able to care for himself. She didn't mean to assume something like that about someone she just met. "Apologies."