NaNoWriMo: OVER! Congrats to EVERYONE!

Talk about anything you want here.
Rynnie
Samanayr Stalker and Fangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystery, Desert, Shifter & Kodyla

Re: NaNoWriMo - Countdown: 6 Days!

Post by Rynnie »

Does validation affect the prize claim process, Sushi?
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: NaNoWriMo - Countdown: 6 Days!

Post by Sushidragon »

To claim a 50k+ prize, you do have to have a verified winning word count. If you're claiming a prize for one of the other levels, you don't have to have it verified!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Re: NaNoWriMo - Countdown: 5 Days!

Post by Orasteele »

Woot! Congrats Sushi! I really need to update my word count. >_> *has been lazy in updating*
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Yeah! Supassed by 10k goal yeasterday and got 12k written bringing me up to 25,992! Vactions are a very, very wonderful thing.
Last edited by Echos on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

So close to 10k :D

I seem to have a good idea in my story now, and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it now. And of course, I have more free time now to hopefully get even more done on my story that I first thought I would!
Zephyr
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayrn

Post by Zephyr »

I stopped updating about a week in. Firefox and nanowrimo.org don't seem to agree on my computer, so I would spend 10, 15 minutes refreshing and trying to get pages to load. By the time I went to verify, NaNoWriMo.org wouldn't load at ALL, so I had to switch to IE for verification.

I still need to finish the story, though, which is likely about 100k more T_T

Congrats everyone who finished! Britain, your word count leaves me flailing in awe.

(also, I have no idea why my sig isn't appearing?? >_<)
Image Image Image Image
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

XD;; I don't feel like it's much of an accomplishment, it's been easy for me...that sounds so pretentious. >_>;; But like, it hasn't been an effort. I hope that's the way it is every time I try, lol. XD
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

Lucky. It has been a struggle for me. I WILL make my last 5k words before the 30th! I must!!
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

You can do it Steele! You're almost there! That's only about a bit over a thousand words a day for the rest of the month!

And that's wonderful that your story is coming so readily Britain! Feel like you're getting anywhere close to the end of the story yet?

Getting so close myself! I'm hoping that by Saturday I'll have reached the goal! This last backstory I'm working on should get me close and then I'll probably write a short story or two to finish it off. Though Pining's early years are turning out to have been different from how I'd imagined them at first. The parents just keep running off in unexpected directions!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Britain
Valentine Key

Post by Britain »

The end is in sight. I know where I'm going, but I've got a double battle scene coming up and some emotional touchy-feely stuff for the main characters...just those three things. The problem is I don't know how long they will take. XD;;

*cuddles Steele* ALMOST THERE~
Rynnie

Post by Rynnie »

Gives me at most 5 days to type up all 100k+ words, if I want the 50k+ prize claim...

On the other hand, I still feel like I cheated, writing a second story using minor characters from the first when the word count failed at 40k+. Especially after the romance burned 60k+. I swore I wouldn't fall back on my emergency plot device this year, and what did I do, but?
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

Okie, I busted my authorial butt over the last week or so... and made sliiightly over 40k. >.> But seeing as I've got SCADS of other things to complete before the end of the month (and I'll probably be gone Sunday/Monday) I think I'll be stopping there. There was a LOT of starts and stops, and a LOT of fluff, bwaha. Next year, gonna try this again and be a heckuva lot better prepared. Outlines, THEY WILL BE MY FRIENDS!

... and thanks to Sushi to providing shinies that really made me want to push to that 40k mark. XD And heck, really got me writing at all during the time - I've been a member 3 years running, and didn't get much father than 5k. lol.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Rynnie wrote:Gives me at most 5 days to type up all 100k+ words, if I want the 50k+ prize claim...

On the other hand, I still feel like I cheated, writing a second story using minor characters from the first when the word count failed at 40k+. Especially after the romance burned 60k+. I swore I wouldn't fall back on my emergency plot device this year, and what did I do, but?
You don't have to type them all in...just make sure you have a trusted word count and follow the directions given in this FAQ entry: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node/3002156 Though sometimes I'm not sure if it's faster to type them in or to count them...

Edit: And I'm done! Worked out just perfectly! I finished the story I was working on just and my total came to just over 50k! *tosses confetti and flops backwards* Now...to rest a bit and then go tackle my RPs again...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Britain
Valentine Key

Re: NaNoWriMo - Countdown: 2 Days! VERIFY!

Post by Britain »

And at just under 118k words, I am VERIFIED. @.@

Tomorrow is the last day! Don't forget to VERIFY, everyone!! Don't let your achievements be forgotten!
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Re: NaNoWriMo - Countdown: 2 Days! VERIFY!

Post by Orasteele »

I shall verify tomorrow when I have access to my document! *pleased*
Rynnie

Re: NaNoWriMo: LAST DAY! Don't forget to VERIFY!

Post by Rynnie »

Thank you, Origami_Dragon.^^

This is my first verified win. And (coincidentally) my very first Sam, too. *crosses fingers*
Sushidragon wrote: For the 40k and 50k levels, there are only 5 of each token available, but they are NOT first-come first-served. Everyone who reaches those levels will be entered into a random draw for those items - everyone who is not selected will receive a random premade Samanayr. So basically, if you get 40k or over, you'll be receiving a Samanayr of some sort :D
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Re: NaNoWriMo: LAST DAY! Don't forget to VERIFY!

Post by RikkuGirl »

Well Im no where near 40k *sigh* I will write for a little bit tonight and submit before 11pm. -_- I kept losing days due to holidays and sickness. :(

BUT! You all did wonderful! :D Im so proud of you all and I throw my Kudos to you! *Throws candy bars* XD

^^ I will probly be able to hit 30 to 35. Im going to start a new scene here at work because my updated copy is at home :S So I will merge them tonight. ^_^;; Maybe I can go on a crazy writing spree at lunch.

Whish me luck! Im pushing for 40! :D *hugs all around and applaudes you all* :3
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D: