How to show accessories in the database?

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

How to show accessories in the database?

Post by Sushidragon »

I thought I'd make a post here because I'm really stumped XD;

I'm still trying to figure out how to add the accessories into the database. Here's the different options I've thought of:

- Adding a generic item for each of the sizes of accessory, but that wouldn't really let you know what the accessory is. I could have a list on the forum of what each accessory is.
- Adding an item for each different accessory type, eg earring, necklace, armor. But again that wouldn't let you know what the specific item is, and I'd have to have a list in the forum.
- Giving each item a unique entry in the database but with a generic image, eg the name of the item would be "Gold Ruby Bracelet" but the item would be a generic small accessory item. This would probably be the best way to go in terms of knowing what's what, it would just mean a bit more work for me.

So, what do you think? Any other ideas?
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Re: How to show accessories in the database?

Post by silvermoondragon »

Maybe, have a little images of the materials used to create the accessory? That would probably be pretty difficult too...
Or... you could always just put accessories that don't have an effect(like trait amulets or medals, ect. under features, then they could be described in as much detail as needed and wouldn't take too much work as the owners could edit it themselves.

I like the second option best, and instead of a list in the forum, have it described in the features? Maybe only a list for those who haven't equipped their items?
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Re: How to show accessories in the database?

Post by RikkuGirl »

*Nods in agreeance with Silver* ^^
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D: