Were-Oquiesa

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Were-Oquiesa

Post by silvermoondragon »

Were-Oquiesa
One cloudy night, in a gathering site similar to the Song of the Rainbow but far far away, a peaceful group of Samanayrs were in for a big surprise. The wise old Mystic who had long been the guiding voice for the community was on his death bed having lived a long and full life. Before his last breath, he sat up, his eyes glazed over and he revealed what some would call a prophesy. He claimed that a great plague would befall the group and that predators would live among them. No one knew exactly what the old Mystic was saying, but the were-oquiesa has long been a myth among the Samanayr-kin. A Samanayr by day, an Oquiesa by night. The bite of a were-oquiesa is said to put the victim into a deep slumber for days. As to what happened after, well, the myths never quite seemed to be consistent on that matter.

This is a game similar to a human game called werewolf, but adapted to the forums and the Samanayr world. This game involves roleplaying and could take quite awhile to complete. You must be present in order to play, and depending on how things go, we may have to adapt some of the rules.
Rules
- the game is split into two periods, day and night
- the game will start with the day to establish the story
- all players will be randomly assigned a role(described below)
- the game ends when all the were-oquiesas have been confined or they are the only Samanayrs left
- the number of were-oquiesas will vary depending on the number of players, but will be a ratio of about 3 Samanayrs to 1 were-oquiesa

Day
- everyone is awake
- communication should take place in the thread
- during this time, in order to speed up the night period, the were-oquiesas may also confer secretly to one another through pm to decide on a person to bite that night (but this can continue during the night)
- on the first day, everyone should introduce themselves. Depending on your strategy, you may reveal your role or pretend to be another role. Have fun with this.
- the song must roleplay and debate/vote on who the were-oquiesa(s) is/are
- were-oquiesas should pretend to be normal Samanayrs and should lie if needed (As they don’t want to be discovered).
- each day, the active Samanayrs must nominate and vote on a member to confine to the caves that night(This person is then out of the game). This is where roleplaying comes in, to convince the others that the nominee is a were-oquiesa, or for the person being nominated that you are just an ordinary Samanayr and not actually a were-oquiesa
- once the song comes to a majority vote on who to confine, the day ends

Night
- the song is asleep and the were-oquiesas are active.
- during this period, no one posts to the thread. All communications should take place by pm
- the were-oquiesas must communicate to one another by pm to determine who they are going to bite.
- once a consensus is reached, all were-oquiesas must send me a pm stating who they will bite. If no one can agree, then no one will be bitten that night (which could be strategic or could lower your chances of converting the entire village).
- special roles should pm me their decisions at the start of the night or wait for me to pm instructions. When your role is assigned, you will receive more detailed instructions on what to do.

Roles
Depending on how many people are playing, we may or may not include all the roles below.
Samanayr: No special role but vital to the game.
Were-Oquiesa: Each night, the were-oquiesas must decide on who to bite. This must be a unanimous decision among the pack
Sibyl: Each night, the Sibyl may choose one person whose status as a were-oquiesa will be revealed to them, with a yes or no answer.
Healer: Each night, the healer may choose a person to save(no prior knowledge). It may be themselves.
Mystery: Once per game, the Mystery may choose one person to save(they will be told who has been bitten) and one person to put into slumber.
Lead stallion/mare: This Samanayr's vote counts twice.
Guard: This Samanayr may choose one person each night to protect(no prior knowledge). It cannot be themselves.
Storyteller: Each night this role will be pm'd a word. They must then use this word at least once during the day.
Tribals: There will always be at least 2 if the role is being used. These Samanayrs know who they are. Tribals should work together as they cannot win if they are the only tribal left.
Prizes
Other than the fun of playing the game, we have a few prizes available to those who brave the wrath of the were-oquiesas. Winners are the Samanayrs(or Were-Oquiesas) left at the end who have not been bitten or confined to the caves. As there could potentially be any number of winners, the awarding of prizes will be partially based on effort, and will involve a degree of randomness. There will also be a few smaller prizes available for other participants that could vary based on how the game goes, such as funniest back story.

Our available prizes include the following:
This fabulous Oquiesa Rider:
The original were-oquiesa himself, mid transformation:
And a variety of wonderful Oquiesa pets drawn by some of our wonderful guest artists:
ImageImageImageImageImage
And two semi-custom Oquiesa tokens:
ImageImage

Also, each player will recieve one of the following:

Bite of the Were-Oquiesa: When equipped, all offspring will receive one of the following traits: furred ears, clawed paws, wolf tail, fangs. Also, for roleplay/character building purposes, this Samanayr can turn into an Oquiesa during a full moon.

Fresh Meat: This one use item ensures the foal will have an Oquiesa pet
How to Play
As this game requires active participation, you must be present during the game. If you have to leave for a short period of time, please let everyone know or we may have to drop you from the game. Sign ups will be open until the start of the game, but the earlier you sign up the more prepared I can beforehand as I'll have a better idea of how many players we will have.

The game will take place: Oct 18th at 1:00pm PDT

To sign up, please send a pm to silvermoondragon(pms sent to SushiDragon may get missed) with the subject as "Were-Oquiesa" and the following form filled out:

Username:
Have you read the rules:
Will you be around Oct. 18, 1pmPDT?
Last edited by silvermoondragon on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Re: Were-Oquiesa

Active Players:

FoxyJhai(winner)

Players In the Cave(Confined or Slumbering)

Day 1:
       - Orca(voted)
       - ElvenArcher(had to leave)
Night 1:
       - amazondreamer(bitten)
Day 2:
       - Rythe(voted)
Night 2:
       - None(Mystery)
Day 3:
       - PoisonedPromise(voted)
Night 3:
       - SilverDapples(Mystery)
       - Origami_Dragon(bitten)
Day 4:
       - None(Vote stalemate)
Night 4:
       - Bluestarwolf12(bitten)

Player Roles

Rush(SilverDapples) – were-oquiesa
Delicacy(FoxyJhai) – were-oquiesa
Hunter(Bluestarwolf12) – mystery
Wrath(Origami_Dragon) – storyteller
Fall(PoisonedPromise) – sibyl
Strike(Rythe) - Samanayr
Spark(ElvenArcher) – guard
Unnamed(Orca) – Samanayr
Tortoise(Amazondreamer) – song leader
Last edited by silvermoondragon on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:20 pm, edited 12 times in total.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Edited because I forgot to add the time and how to sign up section XD If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here!

Also, just for fun, since the guest artist Oquiesas have not been certed yet, can you guess which artist drew which Oquiesa?
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayrs

Post by tierasa »

This sounds like a game I play online called Town of Salem. It seems really fun, but Retta and I are in Tokyo so we won't be around.
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

Sounds fun, but a little confusing. I have 0 experience with RPing. So I don't know if I will join in or not.
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

ElvenArcher wrote:Sounds fun, but a little confusing. I have 0 experience with RPing. So I don't know if I will join in or not.
I'm totally with you ElvenArcher i'm confusseled too. @.@;;
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

It's the first time this game is being played on the forum, so I wouldn't worry too much if things seem a bit confusing after the first read-through- it probably does for everyone else as well. *smiles* I've played a similar game in real life though, and it makes a lot more sense once you actually start playing! And it's definitely the most fun when you have a large group, so if you can be around, you both should definitely join in! :D The Sam forum people have always been really nice to beginning roleplayers too, in my experience. ^^

Ooh, and can I guess the guest artists?! XD I'm loving the Halloween theme, and the Were-Oquiesa!
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

Well, I just found out we are going out of town on the 16th... And we will be on our way back on the 18th. At that time I will probably be sitting in the car. :( and all I have is a phone that needs wifi. So I really might not get to join in anyway.
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
AranelSaraphim
Mystic
Mystic

Post by AranelSaraphim »

Online Werewolf? I'm so there!
PoisonedPromise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by PoisonedPromise »

I don't have much RP experience, if you can say I have any at all. If I cancel going to see my kitties next Sunday, I can join. Hopefully I won't bungle things up too much.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Yeah, it definitely seems confusing since there are so many rules but once you start playing things start to get clearer. Here's a YouTube video of that sort of explains the live version game a little:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n8jT59Yh_E

And all levels of RP are welcome, and it's a great game to learn. Once I played an entire game in costume at a convention with very little talking so you can definitely participate at your comfort level.

@Janalee - I bet you can't guess which guest artist drew the second Oquiesa with the one floppy ear XD
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

Question: I know we have to be present for the game, but do we have to be present when it starts??

If not then I can join in, because I will be able to be online Sunday just not at the start time. I will be in the car driving home at that time. :) If we do have to be present at the start time then I'll have to join in next time :) No big deal, I was just curious.
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

@ElvenArcher - unfortunately you'd have to be present at the start, sorry :( I wish everyone had a time machine and could join in whenever they could... The game might not start right at the start time due to giving everyone their roles and making sure everyone knows what's going on, and I might be able to add more people if it's close enough to the beginning of the game(any longer and it starts to become unfair to the other players)
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by FoxyJhai »

I have a question: Do we have to be present until the end of the game?

My brother and sister are going to this movie at the park type of event that I was thinking of joining them for, but I'm not sure when they were planning on going.
Samanayrs
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Pets
Image Image Image Image
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

@silvermoondragon

No problem :D I was just curious. I don't know exactly when I'll be home. I'll just join in next time. :)
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

@FoxyJhai - It depends on how the game goes. If you are bitten/confined you are essentially out of the game so you would be able to leave before the rest of the game ends. If you have to drop out that's fine too, it would just be the same as if you were bitten/confined.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

How late would this go on for? I'll most likely have to cook dinner unless other dinner plans are made, which is why I'm wondering XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

@ SilverDapples - I'm guessing maybe 2ish hours? I'm really not sure because doing it on the forum will probably take longer than when it's done in person. Depending on your role and how long you need to spend cooking dinner you might be able to do both...
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

I just want to check on something. I'm guessing since this is set in a place far from here we will be using non-existent Sams as our characters rather than bringing one of our current Sams to play. Is that correct?

And for the various roles that are Sam species that have distinct character traits separating them from other species, for the sake of the game are we pretending that the Sams can't see those and thus don't know who the Healer or the Sibyl or so forth are?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by FoxyJhai »

That's kinda how I figured it would work out, but I just wanted to be sure. Thank s for answering my question.

I've played this game with my siblings and cousins a couple of time, its so much fun! I'm excited to see how it works out on a forum.
Samanayrs

Pets
Image Image Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

@Origami_Dragon - you are welcome to create your own character or bring in one of your already owned Sananayrs, what ever you feel more comfortable doing.
And yes, the various roles are meant to be secret. I wanted to use mostly just Samanaryr jobs and not obvious trait specified abilities, but some of the pre-existing(real world game) roles just fit so perfectly with some of the species to really give the game that Samanayr feel.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Hello everyone! The prizes have all been certed now and Sushi was nice enough to draw another Oquiesa as a prize :D
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Just a quick clarification- everyone votes during the daytime to kick a player off the island into the caves. The were-ouiqesa players have to come to a consensus, if it's not unanimous they don't bite/convert anyone, correct? Is there a time limit on the daytime nightime phases?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

@amazondreamer - right, and right. I wasn't going to have a time limit for the night phases, but that's actually a pretty good idea since nobody wants to be waiting for too long. I'm not exactly sure how long it might take so I might add in the time limit during the second or third night so people can get the hang of what they need to do and so I know how long it takes to read and write all the necessary PM's. I'll play it by ear with the daytime though since at least everyone can participate. If it's taking too long I'll probably give prompts or something to hurry things along. Thanks for the suggestion!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Hello everyone! The game will be starting soon so if you can post "I'm here" or something to that effect I will know you are present and I can start assigning roles. If you haven't signed up already, don't worry about sending a pm, just post and I'll add you to the game.