Pizza Party?! (Winner Pg 2)

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Pizza Party?! (Winner Pg 2)

Post by Rythe »

Poor Summer Storm, I think I overworked her on this one. And all to setup a simple pizza party. I mean new website. I mean new website codenamed 'Pizza!'

Let's see if I can remember all the ingredients.

The left-hand side menu became the Crust at some point.
The javascript scroll bars was the Cheese, because so much cheese. >.<
Anchor style navigation became Pepperoni according to my logs...
Sushi's info and lore pages are Anchovies, because Sushidragon, and anchovies.
The new search page is the Zesty Sausage, because why else make a Pizza?
Discovering how bad IE is with running javascript and displaying tables (among other things) is that greasy feeling you get after eating too much pizza...
And I hereby christen the address bar workings as the sauce.

Hmmm, that leaves the new menu as the missing ingredient, form handling as a possible second... So Onions? Black Olives? Bell Peppers? Jalapenos? Chicken?

Which is to say that it's not all entirely baked in. I just made some quick changes to everything in fact (which often breaks everything, in fact), so we're sort of doing a 'soft', doughy launch. And, if anyone finds something wrong or has a suggestion in general, they might just make off with this lovely lady like she's making off with some delicious pizza~
Or just toss us your favorite pizza toppings. Either works. ^^
Last edited by Rythe on Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Re: Pizza Party?!

Post by ElvenArcher »

:shock: Holy Moly. Everything looks fantastic! So far I haven't had much trouble. I only have my phone for internet right now and it seems too work well.
The drop down menus were acting up a bit but I refreshed and they are fine now.
The search page is a bit messed up for me but I don't really know how to explain it. The names of my Sams (because I searched for my babies first. heehee) kept moving down when I moved the page at all. I don't know if that makes any sense but I figured I'd try. :oops: I figured it was because I'm on my phone.

As far as ideas go. A master list of items would be nice. I have no idea if that's doable but it would be great to see a list of what items there are without looking at peoples inventories.
If one already exists then I need to pay more attention hahaha :D

Looks absolutely amazing!! :D

That pizza thief is adorable: D
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Like Elven I'm viewing it from a phone for now. I'll do a more through exploration later, but one thing I did notice is the statistics in the database. If you click on a username it takes you back to the older website's database rather than staying in the new site.

Also Elven - there is such a list.
http://samanayrs.net/hqother.php
You can find it from the Expedition HQ theres a link for "other items" The new site has them under "expeditions" and then "items" then they're separated by type; one-time items, equippable and so forth.

Very cool and impressive site Rythe!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Under the Amulets page, you're missing a few things :D Mainly effects, but there's some discrepancy between the vales of different basic amulets, and there was one missing! I did change all the non-triplet/basic ones to have a point value of 10, as that's what my two non-triplet ones are, but some of them are listed in the Trading Section of the forum for different point values, so I'm not entirely sure on those!

Trait Amulet - Back Fin : Gives the wearer the Back Fin trait : 0
Trait Amulet - Body Spines (triplet) : Gives the wearer the Body Spines trait and a 10% chance of triplets from breedings : 20
Trait Amulet - Body Spines : Gives the wearer the Body Spines trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Bone Mask : Gives the wearer the Bone Mask trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Bull Horns : Gives the wearer the Bull Horns trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Combination Wings : Gives the wearer the Combination Wings trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Double Wings : Gives the wearer the Double Wings trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Draconic Tail : Gives the wearer the Draconic Tail trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Draconic Wings : Gives the wearer the Draconic Wings trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Faery Wings : Gives the wearer the Faery Wings trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Fancy Feathers (triplet) : Gives the wearer the Fancy Feathers trait and a 10% chance of triplets from breedings : 20
Trait Amulet - Fancy Feathers : Gives the wearer the Fancy Feathers trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Feathered Ankle Wings : Gives the wearer the Feathered Ankle Wings trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Feathered Wings : Gives the wearer the Feathered Wings trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Fin Tail : Gives the wearer the Fin Tail trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Fin Wings : Gives the wearer the Fin Wings trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Gems (triplet) : Gives the wearer the Gems trait and a 10% chance of triplets from breedings : 20
Trait Amulet - Gems : Gives the wearer the Gems trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Leonine Mane : Gives the wearer the Leonine Mane trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Multiple Eyes (triplet) : Gives the wearer the Multiple Eyes trait and a 10% chance of triplets from breedings : 20
Trait Amulet - Multiple Eyes : Gives the wearer the Multiple Eyes trait : 20
Trait Amulet - Multiple Horns (triplet) : Gives the wearer the Multiple Horns trait and a 10% chance of triplets from breedings : 21
Trait Amulet - Multiple Horns : Gives the wearer the Multiple Horns trait : 20
Trait Amulet - Multiple Tails (triplet) : Gives the wearer the Multiple Tails trait and a 10% chance of triplets from breedings : 20
Trait Amulet - Multiple Tails : Gives the wearer the Multiple Tails trait : 20
Trait Amulet - Perennial Growth : Gives the wearer the Perennial Growth trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Poison Tail : Gives the wearer the Poison Tail trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Ram Horns : Gives the wearer the Ram Horns trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Scales : Gives the wearer the Scales trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Seraphim (triplet) : Gives the wearer the Seraphim trait and a 10% chance of triplets from breedings : 20
Trait Amulet - Seraphim : Gives the wearer the Seraphim trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Thick Horns : Gives the wearer the Thick Horns trait : 10
Trait Amulet - Triple Hooves (triplet) : Gives the wearer the Triple Hooves trait and a 10% chance of triplets from breedings : 20
Trait Amulet - Triple Hooves : Gives the wearer the Triple Hooves trait : 10

My Dancer of the Autumn Fields (http://samanayrs.net/pizza.php#p=db&Mod ... n%20Fields) and my Jewel of the Forest's Reflection (http://samanayrs.net/pizza.php#p=db&Mod ... Reflection) are both missing their headshots, and when I am looking through my Sams, the scroll menu off to the side for each page shows Painter's and Epiphany's headshots (http://samanayrs.net/pizza.php#p=db&Mod ... ons=MySams) if I'm scrolling from page to page. If I refrech the page, then Dancer's headshot will sometimes come up, and sometimes won't, and Jewel's never does XD

Other than that, everything looks amazing!
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

amazondreamer wrote: Also Elven - there is such a list.
You can find it from the Expedition HQ theres a link for "other items" The new site has them under "expeditions" and then "items" then they're separated by type; one-time items, equippable and so forth.
Ah! Thank you! I figured there was one but I couldn't find it. :) I just was curious about a few items. :D
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

amazondreamer wrote:
Also Elven - there is such a list.

Very cool and impressive site Rythe!
I've been trying to have some easy way to get to this page myself. I think I asked you about it already Rythe, but I dont recall >.<;;

I always misplace this page and never find it... I guess I never thought to look in the expedition HQ section. >.>

I enjoy the java (Fading) but it does tend to slow things down for both my phone and for my computer, freezing somewhat in mid flash on my phone.

I particularly like the fact that the left hand side has all of the links that you get in the drop downs once you are in that section. I personally love side navigations much more than top... not sure why... Just do ^^;; So that made me happy. Also I love that the outlines of the sams are still in there. I always get giddy when I recognize a sam outline I know. xD

I LOVE the pictures by the sams when you search the database!!!! xD That is the coolest thing ever, along with the name. ^o^ You are so nifty!!! -Goes nuts- I would love to help with facial pictures. I noticed a lot of older sams dont have the profile pic. :) Its a neat little thing, If I can help; let me know!

Some Crashed Links:
Dream of the Icy Heavens
Healer of the Frozen Souls

I have a HUGE love for the Lore section... Is it possible to be apart of this??? o.o;; I would love to help expand on Kodyla or healer lore. o:

^^;;; Sorry I'm still shuffling through it all. -happily muddles through the pizza-
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

The only problem I see is that my lore entry still has the grammatical error that I failed to catch before posting it... XD It's so, so nice to see the Encyclopedia Samanayrica information integrated with the main pages! Will Skedges and Georopters be added to the pet pages eventually too? *smiles hopefully* Fantastic job on the new layout, Rythe!
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Wow Rythe, this looks great! I love the way the pages slide into place and the way everything is organized now makes looking for information much easier! What a great design - I can't wait to pour through it in detail.

Would it be possible to connect the database to the species and trait pages? It'd cut out a step if I could go from the descriptions directly to example sams, rather than having to go to the database page and selecting my search terms. Just a thought!

I definitely volunteer to create headshots, if you need another person!
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Oooh, looking fancy! I didn't stumble over any coding doing things it shouldn't, but I did find a few things to note.

Looks like a few of the newer pet species are missing from the list. There's only a very few Georopter and Skedge, so it would be easy to miss them.

And, while the new search display is fun to look at...I sometimes want to be able to compare two Sams on the same tab, especially when I'm looking at examples of traits. Is there any way to have an alternate display more like the current one, where you see all full results listed instead of the list of headshots and only a single full-body image at a time?

Just to check since I don't see a link to it yet. The Members-Only Area of the database will be added/updated at some point so that we can continue to sign in and add our new Sams and update Songs and such, right?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Well, we stealth fixed a bunch of things.

And even so, good catches so far! Especially with the stats page, which I managed to miss when I went through and updated the links for the new search page.

And to be honest, we kinda forgot to check the mobile side of things once we got into the new search page, so for ElvenArcher, amazondreamer, RikkuGirl and co., the search page basically wasn't working for your phones. That's now fixed (for android at least), so you should be able to see what it's suppose to be doing, ElvenArcher, and it'll be much less of a chore to deal with.

The code for the top menu also got overhauled, because it was old and before Pizza! had me code differently and use some more advanced techniques to keep everything sane and clean (comparatively), and because there were a few problems with it and touch screens. If it doesn't bug out with the update, then it should be much nicer to use in general. Mostly for mobile, but still a bit of benefit to us with more standard compies and mice.

But I've yet to rework the fade effect on page transitions. It could be a bit more optimized, I think, and I've been meaning to shorten the transition length in general.

-

Yeah, we kept the tradition of hiding the inventory lists under the 'Expeditions' part of the site, ElvenArcher. They're there! Just a bit buried.

-

I believe the problem with Jewel's and Dancer's headshots, LvSoulFriend, is that they're being hosted on http://lvsoulfriend.webs.com/ rather than Sushi's server. If the pics aren't showing up/still showing last result set, it's because the proper images hadn't gotten loaded in yet (or the URLs are incorrect).

Sushi also went through and updated all the Amulets!

-

You did ask me about some easy way to the items, RikkuGirl! And that's why item effects got listed in your personal inventory on the member menu page. That was the fix for how you worded it at the time, about having a hard time remembering which of your items did what. But now it's also Expeditions -> Items -> Item Category for the general lists. (And we had to update and work the database item tables to do both of 'em.)

-

And if you want me to fix that grammar error, Janalee, just note me about it. ~_^

-

The missing pet categories will probably be added soon! Thanks for reminding us. ^^

-

We could definitely connect the database to the species and traits pages. The species page will actually take more work, but isn't bad either. Although I feel like embedding links into their names isn't the best way to do it...but short and sweet solution for the moment at least.

-

The member-only area shows up in a new 'Members' menu when you log in, Ori. It's the 'My Stuff' option. The search page will also show the the pencil edit icons links when you log in. The two ways of updating your Songs and Sams are Login -> Members -> My Sams/Songs and click the pencil on the appropriate one or Login -> Members -> My Stuff and type the Name/ID into the box on the left-hand menu.

To add a Song or Sam, it's Login -> Members -> My Stuff and the links will be in the left-hand menu. New user accounts need to be authorized for them to show up, tho'.

As an additional note, a lot of the new features you'll see in these areas are actually admin features I worked in a bit ago and then updated for Pizza.

Your suggestion for a way to compare Sams is something we'll have to think on a bit, Ori. Most of the pieces are in place with the new search page, actually, but there's a lot of ways it could go and a few difficulties to work around.

-

As for the generous offers to help with the Sam thumbnails and Lore, Sushi will have to figure out how she wants to handle that, as it'll all be going through her.

-

Thanks for all the lovely feedback! <3
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Bachelor Songs?! O.O -Reads further-

o: Howa... whosa? When did these come around!? I love this idea! x3
My Sams!

RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

I noticed a correction for the database.... since we are talking about this here, figured I'd just post it here. ^^;

Song of the Luminescent Ice

The triplets are not in there. :(

ImageImageImage

Is it because they are not named yet? o.<; I dont know if she ever got to it... I need to poke her. *Skuttles off*
My Sams!

amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

An issue that I have on my mobile devices (not a problem on a computer) is the left hand hand navigation often takes me to the wrong location in a text paragraph. Like say going to Info and clicking "society" on the left hand menu would take me to "appearance" instead. Not major, and I've only had that problem on my phone. So not high priority but I did want to mention it.

And omg neat feature I saw in the member section- you can start typing in the name of a sam or song and it will prompt you with all your sams/songs that match the letters you've typed in! Very cool XD

An idea I had for the inventory section would be a left-hand menu to navigate the alphabet? Like

Pets
A
B
C
...Z

Items
A
B
C
...Z
Image Image Image Image Image
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

RikkuGirl wrote:Is it because they are not named yet? o.<; I dont know if she ever got to it... I need to poke her. *Skuttles off*
It's definitely because they're not named yet, I'm sorry to say.

-

And more good finds and suggestions, amazondreamer!

I've actually been struggling with the link scroll bit on mobile, myself. My last theory was images hadn't gotten loaded in because of the page I was looking at, but with the info page, not so much.

Now I think it's a bit of code I put in to buffer the link scrolls from positioning the anchor at the very, very top of the content area. It might be that the mobile device smooth scroll sometimes gets interrupted prematurely by that bit of code and so it just stops at a weird place? That's the current theory at least.

As for the Inventory page...it needs to be redone completely. First, it takes too much server time pulling and sending all that info in one go, and second, yep, it's a pain to navigate and find what you're looking for.

Sadly, fixing that went on my 'Website Chores' list as something that should be done but isn't strictly needed. It's a bit lower on that list too.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Song Help?

Song of the Formidable Spectrum is there... but its NOT there. O_<:;;

Idk what happened D8

Halp??

Sam Site Link for the song members: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3258&sid=61b7db1bf ... 418c9f44a6

Jade has a link... but no song?!: http://samanayrs.com/displaySearch.php? ... =&Options=

Song Link: http://samanayrs.com/displaySearchSong. ... 20Spectrum
My Sams!

Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Song of the Formidable Spectrum was never created in the DB from what I can tell. You can still add the Song name to the individual mares and such even so, which is why it looks half there kinda/sorta.

So the owner of the Lead Stallion should create the song via the add a song page and then post it in that register a song thread in the Song part of the forum. Should get fixed up in short order then. ^^

Also, also -

Added in DB links to the traits pages and stealth fixed a couple more things... Mobile scroll links still vex me...
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

I tried but it says the song with that name already exists. :(
My Sams!

Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

So turns out this one was a lot of my fault. I copy n' pasted a bit of db query that required the stallion to exist in the database for the Song to turn up on general searches. Whoops.

In other news, Crown of Formidable Glory's DB entry now has his name correct.

But you may want to look at that Song's mares. Your forum post suggests a different lead than what's showing in the DB.

Sorry about that, RikkuGirl. ^^'
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

YAY!! :D No worries!!!! I'm so glad you could fix that for me :3 <3333

Thank you thank you thank you! I just corrected it to the right one. ^o^ Yay!!!!

I'm so excited for all this. Such neat changes! Good job Rythe!!! <3 We appreciate all you do.
My Sams!

Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

This is so fabulous, I cannot even. <3 You've done absolute wonders with both the appearance and functionality of the site. BRAVO.

The link attached to my name on the bottom is for the now defunct proboards version of SoD. I'm not really sure what it would be replaced with, so could the link be removed by chance? :3 Maybe just changed to text-only "Jenn (user Jennalyn)" or summat?

On the stats page in the future, it might be fun to have little stats like "most/least common" traits or species or the like, just for amusement. ^_^ Possibly a #:# mare-to-stallion ratio by the genders too? Idk. It's awesome though.

And for PIZZA, my favorite toppings are pepperoni, onion, and broccoli. :D
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Hawaiian pizza!!!
My Sams!

Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Much thanks and welcome! ^^

Species page has search links, me and Jenn's names are no longer links proper, and I found two new bugs I've got to fix.

But I'm putting the weird mobile scrolling problem on the "can't fix" list. It only seems to happen on the android browser in portrait mode where scroll position will often reset to centerish for some strange reason. Using the mobile version of Chrome did not give me that problem... So I'm guessing it's browser specific at this point...
Rythe
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Rythe »

Oh right!

One of my favorite pizzas is this veggie thing with broccoli on it. Otherwise somewhere between standard meats n' cheese, BBQ Chicken, and the general supreme style.
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery

Post by ElvenArcher »

I'm using Chrome on an android and it's still giving me trouble. It's nothing too bad though. I'll update my browser and see if that helps. :)

My favorite pizza is Double pepperoni with a good amount of cheese, not extra, just a decent amount. :D
Stallions
Mares
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

*is boring and likes just cheese >> *

Edit: Found another trait! http://samanayrs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3393 Barbed Ears!