[Custom Draw] - It's my birthday... results!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

[Custom Draw] - It's my birthday... results!

Post by Sushidragon »

Thanks for your patience everyone, here's the results at last! Congrats to Kentouma, Harroway, and Janalee!

Image Image Image

---

It's the - drumroll please - 20th birthday of Samanayrs! Hooooly moly! O_O I completely blanked on what an important year this is for Samanayrs so I don't have anything big planned.. yet XD

(oh and it's my birthday today too, I'm 35, if you can believe it XD)

Not sure how many winners there'll be but probably 2 or 3!

Rules and info

- There's a limit of one entry per person.
- Species can be be any of the common, uncommon, or rare species (or a combination of any of those).
- There's no limit on traits but please keep it reasonable!
- You can also include a name for your Samanayr, as long as it follows the Samanayr naming rules (names are "Something" of the "Something" "Something", all the words English). If you don't include a name, I'll name it for you :D
- Please keep in mind that Samanayrs are very small, and it can be hard to fit on tiny and/or very detailed markings.

Traits - http://samanayrs.net/traits.php

To enter the draw, just reply to this post with the following form filled out:

Username:
Samanayr name (optional):
Markings and colors:
Traits:
A word or two about personality:
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win?

This will be open until August 9, 8pm PDT - good luck!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Re: [Custom Draw] - It's my birthday and I'll draw if I want

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Username: LvSoulFriend
Samanayr name (optional): Ashes of the Cinnabar Stream
Species: Desert
Markings and colors: Greys, light blues, shades of red (bright scarlet to brick-red). Patterning is up to artist!
Traits (optional): Wing Pennants, Combination Wings (draconic x faery, I like the style of the example!), Double Horns, Lapideus (horns/hooves), Scaled Skin, Large Ears, Tufted Tail, Reduced Foot Tufts, Large Hooves, Short Scruffy Mane
A word or two about personality: Proud, tragic. His name popped up on the name generator, and I just pictured this stallion, who lost his entire song/most of his song, including the foals, because they had decided to spend the night at an oasis, which unfortunately was poisoned with cinnabar rocks! and other lethal type stones >>
(Okay, that was more than a word or two ...)
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win? Yes please!
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! AND WHOOP TO 20yrs!!

Username: Orasteele
Samanayr name (optional): Misery of the Timeless Sands
Species: Tribal Desert Misery (earth)
Markings and colors: Up to you! :D
Traits: Large Ears, Reduced Foot tufts, tuft tail, extravagant tail, clawed paws, backmane, feather-tuffed ears, bull horns, thick horns, draconic wings, scaled skin
A word or two about personality: Protective, proud, a dominant mare
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win? Sure!
superdoug
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by superdoug »

Username: Superdoug
Samanayr name (optional): Memory of the Distant Seas
Species: Aquatic
Markings and colors: Koi bubbles in blues, greens, whites, and grey/silver
Traits: Webbed paws, velveted fur, leonine mane, fin wings (large), horizontal pupils, finned tail
A word or two about personality: Brave leader, loving Song leader, bold adventurer
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win? Yes, please!
Last edited by superdoug on Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Username: Harroway
Samanayr name (optional): Misery of the Roiling Tides
Species: Misery (Samanayr, Water)
Markings and colors: Sea-themed, maybe the colors of cresting ocean waves beneath a heavy storm? It’s up to you!
Traits: I’ll leave this up to you ;) Webbing and other ocean-themed traits seem appropriate but I know they’re small! Whatever you think looks best!
A word or two about personality: Lonely, thoughtful, distant

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSHI AND SAMS! It’s so amazing that you’ve been doing these for 20 years! I still remember stalking LJ and Geocities for a chance to look at Songs and try to adopt.

Thank you so much for all you do for us, Sushi. <3
Last edited by Harroway on Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
HybridSiren
The Resident Linkin Park Fangirl
Favorite Sam species: Illiayr

Post by HybridSiren »

Username: HybridSiren
Samanayr name (optional): Mystic of the Hallowed Hearts
Species: Integrated-Mystic
Markings and colors: Base white with bright orange, purple, and green markings, [here's a link to references] with [THIS] being the correct face patterns.
Traits: Mystic strands (cyan), bat ears, demon touched eyes, multiple eyes (2 pairs, 4 total), talons (just make them cyan like the toe claws :) ), equine mane, scaled skin, nose horn, integrated multiple horns (see references, candy corn-like material), belly plates, hooked snout, dragonic tail (without wedge), integrated tine wings (candy corn-like material),
A word or two about personality: Think of a child's excitement when it's time to trick or treat. That's their usual mood.
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win? I'm good, thank you tho!

20 year HYYYYYPPE!! Have a great birthday Sushi!
Last edited by HybridSiren on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[he/they]
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kaats711
Soprano

Post by Kaats711 »

Username: kaats711
Samanayr name (optional): Mystic of the Starry Skies
Species: Mystic
Markings and colors: Dark blue body with a gradient out towards points that gradually become lighter and are tipped with gold. Gold flecks throughout dark blue of her back
Traits: Feather-tufted Ears, Solid Eyes, Mystic strands, Extensive Foot Tufts, Unicorn Horn, Extravagant Tail, Seraphim
A word or two about personality: Stoic, Regal, Royal
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win? Yes please :)
ImageImage
FoxyJhai
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by FoxyJhai »

Yay! Happy birthday Sushi! And A happy 20 Years of Sams everyone!

Username: FoxyJhai
Samanayr name (optional): Might of the Nile Guardian
Markings and colors: Gold eyes, black mane and hooves, dark brown body that transitions to a dark green along her back, rump and tail. With crocodilian like armor along her back and tail.
Reference Image
Traits: Large ears, reduced foot tufts, large hooves, crimp mane (or dreadlock-like mane if possible), armor (along the back and tail), dragonic tail (without wedge)
A word or two about personality: Stern and protective

It took me longer thn it should have to decide...
Samanayrs
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Pets
Image Image Image Image
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Username: Echos
Samanayr name (optional):
Species: Aquatic
Markings and colors: Can I leave colors up to you? She is the mate to Glider of the Arid Sea and I'd like her to have a complimenting desert oasis color theme. Reference below:
Traits: Large Ears, Tufted Ears, Finned Tail, Fins, Bioluminescence, Whiskers, Velveted Fur, Maneless
A word or two about personality: Playful, Serene,
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win? Nope! I'll be watching :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Username: amazondreamer
Samanayr name (optional): Parsimony of the Branching Tree
Species: aboreal
Markings and colors: reddish brown and green, fawn spots on her back
Traits: standard aboreal traits (Hooks, Prehensile Tail) headmane, antlers, upright ears
A word or two about personality: Serious, decisive, and efficient
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win? nah, but ty
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

Username: Delicious
Samanayr name (optional): Something Celebratory! Jubilation?!
Species: Minayr
Markings and colors: Something based on the Rose Maple Moth! :D Properly jubilant for a birthday celebration!
Traits: Fuzzy w/ -giant wings (of whatever type you think best!)- pure black eyes and moth antennae :)
A word or two about personality: Jiggy and joyful and bubbles all together.

Can't believe it's been _two decades_ already. Happy birthday Sushi! And wooo to so many excellent years of Sams!
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Tervenna »

Username: tervenna
Samanayr name (optional): Trace of the Lost Riches
Markings and colors: mottled cream, tans and rusty orange, with hints of turquoise and copper through coat
Traits: standard desert traits, plus a small patch or two of turquoise Kirin scales or gems (if possible)
A word or two about personality: secretive, but friendly
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win? Sure
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Username: Janalee
Samanayr name (optional): Misery of the Gilding Dew
Species: Aboreal Misery (water)
Markings and colors: Dorsal markings from nose to the tip of the tail based on the green, blue, and brown scalloped stripes of this Trametes versicolor; rest of body tan; Hooks dark brown. Hair dark blue and black, with a few hints of dark green; Florae in the hair based on Epiphyllum oxypetalum. Eyes purple.
Traits: Florae, Steam (or mist from her magic, if you'd prefer? ^^), Pupiled Eyes, Hooks, Tail Mane, Back Mane, Prehensile Tail
A word or two about personality: Scrupulous (about watering her plants), Sensitive (about how beautiful her plants are? ;P), Nocturnal
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win? That shouldn't be necessary, thanks. ^^

Happy 20th, Sams! And I swear, my choice of species is not a reflection of how I feel about that. XD I was just surprised that that combination hadn't happened before, considering how much fun the potential for an upside-down Back Mane is. Thanks for the chance, and for keeping Sams going for so long! :D And happy birthday again, Sushi!
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Ahhhh twenty years?!? That's amazing! Congrats Sushi!

Username: Jaes
Samanayr name (optional): Runestones on the Bleak Tundra or Tribute to the Tundra Runestones or something along those lines!
Species: Northern tribal
Markings and colors: White/creams, lights browns, blues, like a cold, arid tundra; maybe some marks that look like runes of magical writing. But really, up to you! I'd like him to be Knell of the Starlit Pine's mate, so any colors that look good with her are great!
Traits: Antlers, maybe a flower/leaf crown, maybe bones/beads dangling from the antlers
A word or two about personality: Devout
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win? Nope I'll be around <3
Last edited by Jaes on Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

OMG I MADE IT! :D YAY! I'll get the word out. :3 Ive missed sams and all of you! Happy Birthday again Sushi! : ) So glad you are back and having a great time! 20 years?! Wholey Moley! Crazy to think Ive been with this for at least 10. ^_^; I love sams. I'm glad they can celebrate 20 years! What an achievement. <3

Username: RikkuGirl
Samanayr name (optional): Salute of the Returning Rainbows
Species: Samanayr
Markings and colors: White body with large and medium black spots all over (Or vice versa, whichever Sushi thinks is best). From the spots, rainbow lines (and/or Swirls - Sushi's rendition please) come out and disappear into the other holes. Like... the rainbow is moving through the sam like swiss cheese? ^_^; Rainbow Hair Please! :3
Traits: Cheek Feathers, Belly Mane, Tail Mane, Tuftless, Combination Tail (Extravagant Tail x Tufted)
A word or two about personality: Jovial and Confident
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win? Sure! :D
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

Username: Codress
Samanayr name (optional): (HELPS only thing that comes to my brain is warrior like name but no idea on how)
Species: Tribal Sa'krien (if able to be split kind if not regular Tribal)
Traits: Red Bull Horns, Red Eyes, Red Clawed Paws, Leonine Mane, Saber Teeth, Combination Tail (Feline/Poison)
Markings and colors: Body is gradients of white to tan and not in the usual places either, Little bits of dark brown here and there. Looks like a Desert Sam but is a Sa'krien, so more hair but looks like some patches of hair are missing cause of all the fights he has had to stay alive and fend off from Contemplation. Scars on butt and front shoulder.
Personality: Warrior
Accessories (if any): Tribal but in a warrior way. Few rings of silver and purple, rainbow feathers in different areas and few more of your choice Sushi! Has a knife/dagger looking that is strapped to his front 2 legs to help in his fights. 2 Pouches to hold supplies, amulet chocker with the rainbow feather emblem.
Other relevant info (if any): (can't figure out a goody name so please help!! Warrior sounding.) He was an orphan that was left in the desert to die. "Wasn't a TRUE Sa'krien!" is all that he could remember from the voices that he thinks was his parents. Some Desert Tribals found the little one lost and was near death in the desert and took him in. He at first was a rebel and thought he could only do things on his own and then after years of being with this desert tribe and seeing and learning the ways of the tribe was one with them. Learned to live from the land and fight to help others and to protect himself and the tribe. Finally after taking the trials 3 times got his feathers of rainbow which in this tribe you are grown and part of the tribe and a TRUE warrior.
Few years after earning his feathers he knew there was something missing and went on a quest to find out what that missing feeling was. He left with his 2 pouches for supplies and his feathers and 2 knifes he made out of rough stone on each front legs to fight if he needed. Also had one trinket an amulet chocker with the rainbow feather emblem to show he is of that tribe. Set out on his journey. After a few weeks in the desert he came across some tracks he hadn't seen before. He followed them and then noticed another set of hoof prints here and there like it was be carried but by force. Kept following the tracks. Came to the edge of the desert and there where trees he never seen before and then saw the tracks in the dirt and more and more of the hoofs with the other tracks.... Kept following and then got to a very creepy rock fixture and just enough room between the 2 big rocks for a Sam to get threw. He then got a creepy chill down his spine and went into warrior mode. Was on high alert and entered the space with no sound like his tribe taught him. When he went in there were 3 not sure what they were beasts torturing a desert Sam. He then charged in and took them all out in the matter of minutes, The desert Sam was in the back of the room just in shock and eyes closed the whole time. After the noises stopped she opened her eyes and the beasts had passed on to the next life. Her savior was there on the floor next to the fire the beasts had made. He was breathing very heavily and was bleeding from many wounds. She told him to stay there and rest she will be right back. After a few moments she was back with herbs and water. She treated his wounds and got him back on his feet.
While he was healing they talked and got to know each other and told her about his feathers that she was very drawn too and she told him about her past. He then got enough courage to tell her she was the most stunning Sam he has ever seen and her personality was just great in all sense of the word. Ever since then they are at each others side on a journey to find what THEY are looking for, which is really each other but that is half the fun to finally figure that out. They will find it some day but till then they will search and look and have adventures together for all time.
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win? Yes please.

***Sorry started and couldn't stop. LOL But yeah thought it would be cooly and a great combo. Tell me what you think also PLEASE cause I'm not use to writing these kind of things. LOL was for a last love event and thought why not try this kind again. lol just left the story. he hee :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Codress on Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bighorns
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Bighorns »

Username: Bighorns
Samanayr name: Palm
Species: Elemental
Traits: Florae, Dainty Hooves, Long Horns, Bat Ears
Markings and colors:
https://pixers.uk/wall-murals/seamless- ... n-82392248
These kinds of colors and leaves and flowers for the Florae.
Personality: Hidden
Accessories (if any): Jewelry made from stones and braided branches.
Other relevant info (if any): N/A
Kentouma
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Kentouma »

Username: Kentouma
Samanayr name (optional): Leaving this to you!
Species: Combination Mystic-Lamanayr
Markings and colors: white, cyan, pale orange, navy, black and pale green (minimal, maybe accent only for the last two) - pattern up to you! (if the name and pattern appeal he might end up being the stallion for my first two ever, but it's gonna depend on if he suits, so I'm leaving a bit up to chance! Feel free to get creative with the suggestions... XD )
Traits: mystic strands, fairytale wings, pure black eyes, tuft mane, combination tail (tufted-extravagent), extensive foot tufts, wing pennants, long ears, maybe long hooves (feel free to add any that suit or remove as needed except for the required traits of his species which you know better than me, feel free to add any I missed!)
A word or two about personality: Serene, sweet, compassionate, elegant and composed. Graceful in manners and motion.
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win? Sure! XD

I'm so happy to see you! XD I've missed sams...

Edit: Also... happy birthday! XD To both you AND sams!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

I love reading all the entries on how different all of us think. So interesting to me. LOL ;)

I already said in the fond memory thread but CONGRATS on 20 yrs and also Double Happy Birthday to Sushi and Sam's. :lol: :D
Nighthenge
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Nighthenge »

Happy Birthday Sushi! And congrats on 20 years of Sams :)

Username: Nighthenge
Samanayr name: Surf
Species: Tribal Elemental (Water)
Markings and colors: Ocean-y blues and teals. Decorated with North Atlantic sea life and shells (Scallop shells, Quahogs, Razor Clams, Common Starfish, Sand Dollars, blue or fiddler crabs, Whelks, Mermaid's Purse, Horseshoe Crabs, etc)
Traits: Encrusted, Bioluminescence, Earless, Solid Eyes, Conchae, Long Wings (Fin), Back Fin, Finned Tail, Florae, Vestigal Wings (Fin)
A word or two about personality: A mischievous counterpart to her more serious mate Shore; lead mare to Song of the World's Edge
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win? Please :)
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

I almost forgot about this. Slightly reworked an old dream custom of mine. Hope it works. My Sam trait know how is rusty. Haha XD

Username: ElvenArcher
Samanayr name (optional): Music of the Timeless Moon
Species: Lamanayr. (Or Samanayr if these traits don't work for Lams)
Markings and colors: Leopard Moth Markings. Here are some pictures.
https://i.imgur.com/4d8yQIQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GXU2pGW.jpg
Traits: Fairytale Wings, Talons, Ignis, Head Mane, Tufted Tail, Pure Black Eyes
A word or two about personality: Protective, Quiet
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win? No thanks. I'll keep an eye out. :D
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Yuiven
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Yuiven »

Username: Yuiven
Samanayr name (optional): Mystic of the Coral Reef
Species: Aquatic Mystic (Earth & Water)
Markings and colors: Unable to change her colours in less than a second like a real octopus, Mystic of the Coral Reef's colouration is predominately sea green from the tips of her upright hair to her tentacles. The only exceptions are her eyes, which are ocean blue; the barnacles, coral, rocks, conchae, and seaweed are random colours which can only be found in nature; the underside of her body is the color of sand; and the suction cups are an off-white that resembles the very pale pinkish tints that are commonly seen on the shells of scallops. Her markings look akin to the random water webbing patterns that are seen when light is reflecting off moving water. They are coloured in various shades of cyan and blue, highlighted with white all over her body. I have linked to a few examples to show as reference:
Example #1
Example #2
Example #3
Example #4
Example #5
The only intentional marking is some of the water webbing frames her face, and her face is also the color of sand within it.
Traits: Earless, Encrusted, Lapideus, Conchae, Florae, Head Mane, Mystic Strands, Tentacles, Tuftless, and Tailless
If it's all right to mention here, the traits encrusted, lapideus, conchae, and florae, mostly cluster together along her hairline, forming a natural crown.
A word or two about personality: Undeterred in the face of danger, Mystic of the Coral Reef is a well-mannered and intelligent octo-mare with a heart of gold, though she does become emotional when pollution affects the ocean. Having grown up within the vicinity of a coral reef in her Birth Song, she feels keenly sensitive to the ocean environment and understands its purpose. So, using her innate talents of strategy and logic, she will do what is necessary for its conservation, diving into action to protect the lives of the denizens of the deep, and instilling passion and sympathy into the Samanayrs of the world to care for the ocean. It is fortuitous for this Aquatic Mystic's agenda that she already likes exploring: new places, new things, and new faces.
Would you like to be notified by PM if you win? Yes, please!
oakleafwolf
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayr!

Post by oakleafwolf »

Good luck, everyone!
CareBear89
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by CareBear89 »

Goodluck guys cant wait to see who wins :P
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Thanks for your patience everyone, here's the results at last! Congrats to Kentouma, Harroway, and Janalee!

Image Image Image
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog