Costume contest voting - most creative!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.

Vote for your choice in the 'most creative' category!

1. Donkey
No votes
2. Sushi Dragon
17%
3. San and wolf companion from Princess Mononoke
10%
4. Egyptian Pharaoh
No votes
5. Ghost Ship
20%
6. Piñata
15%
7. Van Gogh's "Starry Night"
24%
8. Blue Jay
2%
9. Dumbo
12%
10. Spirit of Autumn
No votes

Total votes: 41

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Costume contest voting - most creative!

Post by Sushidragon »

You're voting for the winner of the 'most creative' category of the costume contest! Please be sure to review each entry before voting :D

Voting will be open until October 30, 12pm PDT!
Entries
1. Donkey
My idea for a Samanayr costume is a Donkey costume! :D This costume consists of a muzzle mask with a rounded muzze, complete with two great big front teeth, giant long fuzzy donkey ears, a donkey tail with a tuft at the end, great big horse hoofs that go over the Sam's normal hooves, and a suit to wear that is fuzzy and grey with a dark dorsal stripe.

Your Samanayr can be the talk of the town! We know humans dress up as apes, so why wouldn't a Samanayr like to dress as an adorable donkey?

2. Sushi Dragon

3. San and wolf companion from Princess Mononke
Here is my last-minute entry for the Costume Contest. Passage of the Bold Storm and Tyra decided to enter together as pair to represent San and one of the wolves from, "Princess Mononoke"- a highly-acclaimed Japanese animated historical fantasy feature film written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki of Studio Ghibli.

The non-white sections of Tyra's fur were dyed in a temporary, non-toxic dye specifically formulated for canines. The white dye will wash out, and the Oquiesa is going return to her normal colours after Halloween. Bold, however, would love to have San's outfit for a costume

4. Egyptian Pharaoh
An Egyptian Pharoah ^_^

It would include the famous Egyptian headdress with the serpent on it. The black beard. A thick gold necklace with red, blue and green gems. Serpentine circlets around the upper leg. And a pleated linen kilt with some blue markings on it.

5. Ghost Ship
Seclusion of the Moonlit Shores nodded grimly as the first layer of the costume went on, secretly pleased how well the white and pale gold cloth folded around her; the cape was so full and thick, it could easily pass for the dress she was hoping for. The large white gold brooch and matching circlet with their dangling sapphires came next, completing the look of utter, foolish decadence; now for the difficult part. The mare sighed as they fit the framework of curved, weathered planks on her back, wondering if it would hold all the weight to come- or if she could for any length of time, for that matter. Too proud to admit any potential flaws in her costume design though, she merely lowered her head as they attached the bowsprit, complete with one tattered flying jib of a light, gauzy material to flicker eerily in the wind as she moved along. Finished with that, she straightened up, testing her shipwreck; it actually wasn't as bad as she feared it might be, though she'd have to remember not to jerk her head too far backwards for any reason. The last touch then, as a pair of pale wooden wings were attached to the very front of the bow, overlapping her shoulders and bringing her fully into the design- the angelic figurehead of a ghost ship, lost from the rest of the vessel. She nodded once again and nearly smiled, wondering if she could convince anyone to be the back half after all.

6. Piñata

7. Van Gogh's "Starry Night"

Sibyl was nice enough to let me draw on her. :D She's dressed up as Van Gogh's famous painting "The Starry Night"! I've painted her wings, tail and torso like parts of the painting. Don't worry - it's just hair dye and body paint~
The actual painting: http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squido ... 900566.jpg

8. Blue Jay

9. Dumbo
Waltz waddles into the thread, paint dripping from her sides. From afar she just looks like a big grey mess, but upon closer inspection you seem to make out an... ELEPHANT?! It seems Waltz has decided to dress up like DUMBO for Halloween! She was able to find some boo berries and ate those to make her eyes black out, though she can still see perfectly. She then found an old tattered yellow hat in my closet and put that on her rump over her tail. She then managed to steal a tutu from Depths but realized it only fit on one leg, Shes WAY to pudgy, so... She did her best to make the best of it. She then went and began throwing paint on the floor and rolling in it... Yay for grey paint! Either way. Waltz wanted to be dumbo and did her best.

If you cant see him, here is what you need to look for. Dumbo's eyes are painted on her sides, my handy work thank you *RG Nods*. Her rump wings are dumbo's ears and her head/neck is his trunk, her eyes being the nostrils. She has the yellow had and the neck tutu that dumbo wears in the movie.

10. Spirit of Autumn
Puff stood looking at the sign, her fluffy little tail waggling excitedly. "A costume contest! What should I enteyr myself as?" Looking down at her little pumpkin bracelet the fluffy little Northern suddenly pricked up her feathery ears and grinned. "I should dyress up as my favoyrite season! Autumn! I'll be Autumn!" And with that she pranced off to go find the supplies she would need to dress herself up as a season.

"Now, what does eveyryone think of when they think of Autumn? Leaves, lots of them. Pumpkins, apples, coyrn, oh yum! No, don't want them tyrying to eat my costume. Oh, beyrries, fyrost, flying biyrds... Leaves most of all. I need lots of leaves!" She set off at a trot to begin gathering the most perfect leaves of fall, and also to beg some ribbon and cloth off of one of the local Sharian. Puff was absolutely delighted when the Sharian she approached not only offered her as much fabric as she needed, but seemed just as enthusiastic about the costuming as Puff herself was, even offering to help with the delicate task of making it, something that Samanayr hooves really weren't suited to.

Together the two began assembling Puff's Autumn costume. Some loosely woven fabric, intended to be made into sacks, instead had brightly colored leaves attached to it overlapping each other like scales. This formed a cape that draped over Puff's back, falling down to about her knees. An old brooch shaped like a bat prooved to be the perfect fastener to close the cape around her neck. The Sharian happily wove a wreath of marigolds and a few leaves and little red berries to put on Puff's head like a little crown. And then the Sharian disapeared inside, returning with a structure of brightly dyed silk in reds, golds, and oranges, fastened to a wire framework that made it look like, "Wings!" Puff danced in place excitedly for a moment, then froze to allow the wings to be attached to her cape. Once they were fitted the Sharian held up a mirror so the little Northern could see her costume. "Ooh! It's peyrfect! Thank you so much!" The shimmery silk of the wings looked almost like she imagined a cross of butterfly and faery wings might look; long and thin but ruffled around the edges and all fluttery. The Sharian smiled as Puff danced away to go enter herself in the contest as the Spirit of Autumn.
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog