Have a Samanayr art card? Register it here!

Welcome to the forums! Please read the rules and announcements to get started.
Having trouble logging in? Please read!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Have a Samanayr art card? Register it here!

Post by Sushidragon »

Welcome to the world of Samanayrs! If you're here, you probably have a Samanayr art card that you'd like to register. Registration is easy and allows your Samanayr to breed, race, hunt for items, and more, and it will be joining a community of over 1000 Samanayrs!

Registration

• To register your Samanayr, all you need is an account on the forum and the card itself.
  • When you have a forum account, just send me a PM that includes the ID number on your Samanayr's card. The ID number is located on the same line as your Samanayr's gender and species.
  • Shortly afterwards, you'll receive a 'certed' image of your Samanayr, similar to the above example. The cert includes its new ID, name, gender, species, and your username. Your Samanayr will also be added to the database.
If you need any help, please email me at help at samanayrs dot com

What exactly is a Samanayr, anyway?

Samanayrs are what's known as a virtual pet, cyberpet, or adoptable. Each Samanayr is a unique individual with its own image, name, and ID number, and can be 'played with' online. Because I draw a different image for each Samanayr, things do run at a fairly relaxed pace, but that just gives you more time to get to know the community better and to learn even more about Samanayrs!

The Samanayrs themselves are small equines, no more than two feet in height, that come in a wide variety of colors and patterns. There are almost 20 different species, and over 100 different traits!

Here's some links to get you started:
  • Information - General Samanayr information, such as history, habitat, and diet.
  • Rules and FAQs - The rules that all Samanayr owners must follow, and a list of frequently asked questions.
  • Species - A list of all of the Samanayr species.
  • Traits - A list of all of the Samanayr traits.
  • Database - The Samanayr database, which has records for all Samanayrs and Songs, and inventories for users.
My Samanayr's registered - but what now?

Here are some of the activities that registered Samanayrs can participate in:
  • Breeding - Samanayrs who are together in the same Song, or herd, are able to breed during designated breeding periods. Breedings can also be commissioned when customs are open. For more information, please see the breeding information page and breeding FAQs.
    Expeditions - An Expedition is an exploration of the area around the Samanayr's home, the Song of the Rainbow Hotspring, searching for objects that can be traded to the magical Sharians in exchange for special items. There are roleplaying and random Expeditions - you need to own a Samanayr to participate in the former, but not the latter. To see examples of both kinds of Expeditions, see the Expedition board, and visit Expedition HQ for more information on the items.
    Roleplaying - The roleplaying board is always open for user-led forum-based roleplaying with your Samanayrs. Occasionally there may also be a moderated RP which can result in special prizes and items.
    Racing - Samanayrs can race against each other in ground- or air-based races to win special prizes. Info page coming soon!
And if you ever have any questions about anything, just ask! The Samanayrs community is very friendly, and we love to help new people out!

How can I get more Samanayrs? Do I have to buy more cards?

Purchasing a Samanayr card is just one of the many ways to adopt a Samanayr! Here are a few more ways you can get your hands on new Samanayrs:
  • Monthly draw - Each month, a free random draw is held for customs, semi-customs, or breedings. The number of winners each month depends on how many I feel like doing! The draw is held on the Events and Availability board.
  • Games and events - There are various games and events with Samanayrs as prizes. Keep an eye on the Events and Availability board to see what's going on!
  • Breedings - Every so often, breedings will be available. Keep an eye on the breeding forum to see when they're available.
  • Customs - Paid custom slots usually open at least once a month. Check the customs thread to see if any are available, but be warned - they usually go fast!
  • Samanayr cards - Of course, you can always get more Samanayrs by purchasing more cards! Cards are available through the Etsy store.
So, is that all?

Nope! The Samanayrs adoptable is constantly evolving and changing, with new features and aspects being added as often as I can manage. You never know what you'll find if you keep checking back!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Re: Register your art card Samanayr here!

Post by RikkuGirl »

*Wiggles excitedly*
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Math
Life without Sams is like Life without Air... It's Not Possible!

Re: Have a Samanayr art card? Register it here!

Post by Math »

How much will sam cards cost? :)
ImageImage