[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Samanayrs • View topic - Fananayr Art!
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The Hotsprings » Art and Writing

Post subject: Fananayr Art!
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:15 pm 
Painter

A while back, when I was getting used to using Painter IX, I doodled up what I call a "Fananayr" (fan + Samanayr). :) He or she ended up looking a little too MLP to really be a Sam, but it was a good endeavor, I think! This is my first contribution to the art and writing board. :D

Post subject: Re: Fananayr Art!
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:24 pm 
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

I remember that! I thought it had antlers from the sketch as I recall... :oops: Cute fluffy legs! Now that you mention it...something about that head does look rather MLPish...but it's still cute! Maybe if it had split hooves rather than solid that would give it less of a pony look? Very pretty color combo, though the hoove seem to stick out a bit against the softer, more blue tinge of the rest of the body.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:27 pm 
Painter

He or she does have split hooves, and it's easier to see in the sketch but silly my put the sketch on the background layer instead of raising it, so I had to color on top of it. XD Whoops!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:27 pm 
Valentine Key

It's also the colors. That's the exact green of certain MLP's- and I swear there's one with that coloring. CUTE THO. The mane is super awesome.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:35 pm 
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

*looks at sketch more* Ooh, so it does! It's just that only the near hind hoof is at an angle to really see that... And the color over it hides the division...

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:28 pm 
Painter

*loves on everybody*

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:33 am 
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

so cute!

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:34 pm 
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Aww, what a cutie :D I can see the split hooves in there!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:03 pm 
Yearling
Yearling

Awww, it's just the cutest thing! It looks like a cross between a horse and a dragon. Really adorable. ^^

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:50 pm 
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

I really like it. I like being able to see the progression from sketch to colour, and I like your colouring style. It looks like paint, and I love your shadows. :) Very nice.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:14 am 
Painter

Thank you, Kendarath! I guess I would be a painter by trade as well. :D I tend to bring that style to most everything I do. I love it!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:22 am 
Yearling
Yearling

That is very cute.I just like all the fluffiness!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:59 am 
Yearling
Yearling

Doesn't look super MLP to me. I love the pose ^.^

Board index » The Hotsprings » Art and Writing