The History of the Skies' Twins

Share your artistic endeavors here!
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

The History of the Skies' Twins

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

You'll need to do some imagining, as they will, for the most part, be little tiny colts in this. But I'm sure you can manage that, yeah? X3 I wasn't sure whather to put this in RP or here, but I chose here in the end since it seemed a little more appropriate.

Image Image

~Prologue~

No one could ever have guessed that two creatures of identical parentage could be so utterly different as the pair that came to be known as the Skies' Twins. Colors, traits, patterns, personalities, places in society, prefferences in mares, all of it was different. Everything about them under the sun, save for basic species and gender, were very utterly different.

But what made them this way? What happened to make them so very different? Keep reading to find out...

~Part 1 - Flight Training~

-Slice's POV-

"But why? All my fyriends' payrents teach them, why won't you teach me?" came the whiney voice of a young grey Sa'Gris. "I have alyready told you. If you wish to suyrvive in this world, you need to be styrong." boomed the slightly irritated voice of the boy's black Mystic father who swept away before his son could utter another complaint. The little grey colt sighed. He had already attempted flight on his own and had failed miserably.

"How does not being taught how to fly make me styrongeyr?" he muttered, having again found himself to be utterly alone in the dismal grey cliffs surrounding the small, green valley in which his birth Song lived. "Won't I just get eaten if I can't fly? That's what happened to Spayrk, and his daddy wouldn't teach him eitheyr. Does dad want me to get eaten?" he continued. Slice frequently spoke to himself, as he often found himself to be the only one who would listen or pay attention. Or who was even around long enough to talk to for that matter. "I guess if he wants me eaten then he wouldn't cayre if I can't fly. But I don't yreally want to be eaten..." and with that, Slice went off to find a decently short cliff to practice on so as not to severely injure himself when he fell.

-Mystic's POV-

"Momma! C'mon, I need to pyractice! If I don't, then eveyryone'll make fun 'a me and I'll be all sad 'n stuff. C'mon, c'mon!" cried the tiny white colt, teeny wings flapping and flailing about without much purpose beyond getting his mother's attention. The equally white mare got to her feet, not able to resist the pleading of her adorable Mystic son. Just then, the colt's dark father appeared on the horizon, his powerful gradient crimson and blue wings flapping gracefully against the greyish sky. It took him only moments to reach the pair, landing with a fluid grace that must have taken years to master. "Ouyr little boy would like some help pyracticing flight. I was going to help, unless of couyrse you'd yratheyr..." she trailed off, wondering if he would actually be willing to do so. "I find no gyreateyr delight than in assisting my dayrling son in becoming moyre capable in life. Let us go, my son." the shadowy stallion replied, gently scooping the boy up in his talons and taking to the sky.

~End Part 1~

This story is intended to give you guys a tiny little glimpse into these twos' past and some explanation of why they are so different. Both parents are in fact Mystics, the father being a Fire Mystic and mother being an Air Mystic like her son. Most of the twins' traits skipped their parent's generation, and as such, it came as quite the surprise when the two were little trait-packed creatures. Odds are very high that there will be many more little blips and chapters posted here eventually, as I spend way too much of my free time pondering these kinds of things, but this is all you get for now. :3
Bluestarwolf12
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Re: The History of the Skies' Twins

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

~Part 2 - Slice: A Sa'Krien? No, But Close~

The little grey colt winced slightly as he attempted to extend his left wing. "It must have been hurt in that last fall. Ah well. That's just a minor one. I can still fly." he said to himself. In the month since his father had told him to teach himself how to fly, the little foal had become very independent. He had learned what injuries would stop him from flying and which ones wouldn't. He had learned how to crash-land with minimal injuries, and was beginning to figure out landing normally. His flight was still a bit shaky, but he was really getting the hang of it. He had also found a path that lead back to the Song's home that he could take without having to fly (which was a good thing, since he usually went each day until he couldn't fly anymore). His father had stopped checking in on him a few weeks ago, and the little grey colt rarely saw anyone else while he was out in the cliffs training.

Every day when he came home, he would be greeted by his excited Mystic brother who would ramble on for hours about everything he had learned from Mom and Dad. He could already fly like a master, and was now being trained in the ways of the Mystics by their parents. He would occasionally show off little tricks that he had learned that day, and only after all of this 'sharing' was done would he bother to ask about his brother's day, or show any concern for the blatant pain that the little grey foal was in.

About midway through the following month, the grey colt took to chucking small rocks off of cliffs, imagining them to be flightless versions of his brother, mom, or dad. He would sneer at them, kick them off the edge, and smirk triumphantly as he listened to them click against the rock face and shatter on the stone floor. Eventually, he started throwing bigger stones, and had taken to chuckling or outright laughing when they hit the rocky ground a mile below, breaking into hundreds of tiny pieces. Sometimes, after tossing off a few dozen stones, he would step back and wonder about whether or not he was actually a Sa'Krien. He had begun to notice violent tendencies in his own behavior, something that he had heard were marks of a Sa'Krien. But then, Sa'Kriens' pointy bits were solid red, and his were black. And so he would dimiss the thought, though he refused deny the similarities...

~End Part 2~

A little more on Slice's developement into what he is now. I never reffer to them as Slice and Mystic because they aren't 1 year old yet, and thus do not yet have their names.