How's everyone doing? Want to do something fun?

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

How's everyone doing? Want to do something fun?

Post by Sushidragon »

Lots going on right now, eh? XD; How's everyone holding up? The four of us are at home for the time being and the kids still in spring break mode, which means they get a lot of video games, so they're pretty happy still. Mr Sushi and I have been pretty anxious but we're just going on day by day.

I've been doing some streams lately while working on non-Sams stuff but I thought it'd be fun to do a live Frankensam or something like that. And - have voice on! Gasp! Listen to my meandering thoughts! XD My thumb is still iffy but I'm sure I could manage one Sam!

It would be in the evening probably, so let me know what would work for you <3

Take care and stay safe!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Re: How's everyone doing? Want to do something fun?

Post by Harroway »

Hey Sushi! I'm glad you guys are doing okay so far.

Down here in OR, we're just waiting for the governor to issue the shelter-in-place order. Until then, I'm just working as long as I'm able to.

Part of me welcomes the quarantine so I can get a good break, but part of me is also very worried about the economic impact. T_T

I don't know if I can join you tonight, but either way, I'm glad you're alright!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

It is really worrying, especially since this is all so unknown and unprecedented. I already know lots of people who've been laid off and people who can't stop going in to work and agh.

The stream wouldn't be tonight, but it would be during A night!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

My school has gone remote for all of Spring Quarter and the most in-person services have been closed (rec center, dining halls, library). As of now, grad students are allowed to stay in our campus apartments but that could change any day. Undergrads in dorms have been told not to return until at least June.

I strongly suspect that this will last a minimum of 14 months until a vaccine is developed. Unfortunately, social distancing, when done effectively, means that if the measures are relaxed the virus will return in full force because people still won't have immunity. To prevent that the lockdown measures cannot be relaxed in any significant way until the population is vaccinated.

But I would love to play a live franken sam game! I've pretty much only talked to three people in the last two weeks and some socializing would be nice.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

Yeah my location at Disney finally closed here in FL so on baby vacation right now so to speak. Just going to hunker down and do house work and gaming. I'm wishing the best for everyone!!! Hope your thumb gets better sorry it still bothering you sushi. Night time is fine at least a few days notice would be my suggestion. :D
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

I'm an anxious wreck. I'm still working for the moment. Unfortunately groups have canceled. (I work as a housekeeper at a hunting lodge. They rent out for reunions and stuff for the summer. My mom and sister work there also). My boss has managed to fill a couple of spots with locals but after March we don't have anything until May. Some summer groups have canceled but not all.

I am extremely worried about my dad's parents. My grandpa was just in the hospital with the flu and my grandma got sick after that. My dad is currently staying with them to help out. He's been there since the start of February. He wants to come home but we think he's better off staying there. People come from all over the country to stay at the lodge. We are taking extra precautions but my dad has an autoimmune disease so he's safer staying away while we are still working.

We are very stressed out because that is our only income. If we don't work we can't pay the bills. Thankfully my mom's mom is the one paying the house payment. (We moved in with her but she got married and moved out. She still wants the house so she pays the payment and we live here)

My aunt, uncle, and 10 year old cousin are going to the hospital today to get tested. They have been really sick. My uncle has some health issues including an autoimmune disease and my aunt has cancer. We are all very worried about them.

I have been trying to stay positive but my anxiety is through the roof.
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayrs

Post by tierasa »

I'm temporarily out of work and Retta is having to work from home 4 days a week. Trying to limit going out as much as possible and avoiding contact. My parents are way too high risk for me to risk bringing it in with me. I'm picking up two weeks worth of groceries for them tomorrow, and it was difficult to get what they needed. Hopefully they won't have to make any changes to my order when I go to pick it up. We're going to try to do delivery and curb side pick up as much as possible in our area, and we're not buying anything we don't need in case there's someone out there that does need it. My niece yesterday helped a lady from her Facebook mommies group find diapers for her daughter.

As for soap, my older sister makes her own, so that shouldn't be a problem for us as long as I have some handy that Retta can use. The whole family suffers from topical allergies, and hers are probably the worst.

Meanwhile, we're having movie marathons and trying to find ways to pass the time. Luckily, we're pretty much hermits anyway, so it's not a big deal for us. We literally only go to work and then down to the parents', pick up medicine or groceries for them, and go home.
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

My aunt, uncle, and cousin got tested and Do Not have the virus. They just have the flu. So good news but bad news all at the same time.
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayrs

Post by tierasa »

I'm totally down for a live frankensam if you're up to it, Sushi. I can't go to work at all, and I found out today it's going to be after April before I can go back... possibly later. Meanwhile, I'm killing a lot of time on Animal Crossing. :)

If anyone wants to hit me up there, let me know. I have apples, tulips, windflowers, peaches, and my island spawns a bunch of peacock butterflies. My niece has hooked me up with the other fruits though none are available yet. However, I should have cherries, pears, and oranges in a couple of days.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

I'm around still! I have been watching your cat videos! xD Those things are so cute! Love all your art Sushi. I'd love to help and/or participate! I have a lot of time on my hands myself, been stuck in my apt for a month now.... Thankfully I have my dog!! Hope you all are doing ok and things are well for you and your families.

I'm a little worried as Codress's bf (Bighorns) has been a bit sick and they dont know what it is yet... so please send some love and thoughts their way if you dont mind. I'll see if she can get on here to give us updates.

Miss you all! I'll check back tomorrow! Be safe you all! <3333
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
oakleafwolf
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayr!

Post by oakleafwolf »

Hope you all are doing well!

The construction industry stops for no one, and in fact all the companies I know are hiring. I ended up getting headhunted and have a new job in the midst of all this which has taken up a lot of my time.

Cheers and best wishes for all of you