Splicing Pair Poll!

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.

Which pair?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:45 am

Stealing x Drumming
50%
Garnet x Drumming
19%
Garnet x Twist
31%

Total votes: 16

Willow
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Minayr

Splicing Pair Poll!

Post by Willow »

Silver has given me permission to use all her sams posted below. I have three pairs in mind but I just cannot pick at all o___o

I'm going to be entering the two parent splice draw and my goals are something hopefully Mini but with Illiayr looks, I'm after warm tones and fingers crossed for any of these ~ Solid Eyes, Bat Ears, Glow, Talons.

Pair #1 ~ Stealing x Drumming
ImageImage
Lighter tones, nice golden glow. Either Illiayr or Mini-Illiayr hybrid splicebaby, hybrid would naturally take a mix of both "parents"?

Pair #2 ~ Garnet x Drumming
ImageImage
Wouldn't normally be able to be used together as they're related, but splicing isn't breeding so there's no inbreeding involved (thank you silver for reminding me of that!). Again Illiayr or Mini-Illiayr hybrid. Deeper chocolatey tones.

Pair #3 ~ Garnet x Twist
ImageImage
This pair is the most visually matching/striking to me I think, with the reds and Twist's candy stripes. Downfall is that the baby will be Illiayr or Mini, without the option of Mini-Illiayr hybrid.

My theory was that having a Mini/Illi hybrid parent would give a higher chance of achieving the mix I'm after...But I'm not sure if splicing will give the same kind of results anyway x3
*shrugs*

Please let me know what you think!

Also another note to say that any of my sams (aside from Twist if I use her) are free to use in the splicing draw ^___^
~ Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ~