Open spring fling-like event?

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.

Would you be interested in having an OPEN spring fling in 2015?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:12 am

Yes! I'd love to have an OPEN song only spring fling-LIKE event!
57%
Maybe, Let me see what Sams I get!
14%
No... I prefer closed and semi-open songs mainly.
29%

Total votes: 7

RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Open spring fling-like event?

Post by RikkuGirl »

I was just curious... Anyone interested in an OPEN song spring fling-like event for 2015?

:D <3
Last edited by RikkuGirl on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Re: Open spring fling?

Post by Codress »

I think the open fling would be nice then evetyone can enjoy and play eith the awesomeness sams that have come to be. And ooooo the babies....baby baby babies... ^_^ lol
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

So... To be sure I understand this right, only pairs added to Open Songs would count for it?

If so I'd have to say no unless there are two separate raffles for open and closed pairings, or if this was a different event to be run at a different time of the year than the regular Spring Fling. To my understanding a lot of people hold off pairing their Sams or adding them to Songs until the Spring Fling (an established, once-a-year event), and to suddenly say you can only participate if you'll let anyone use that entered Sam for breeding, regardless of how you'd prefer to at least monitor who's using them...

I can definitely see where you're coming from, and I do feel we need some more incentive for owners to make Songs Open (since, despite the simplicity of asking permission and then enthusiastic owners posting all the time that people need only ask, the Closed status seems to deter countless newbies), but I don't feel making the Spring Fling Open-Pairing exclusive is the way to go about it. D:
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Bluestarwolf12 wrote:So... To be sure I understand this right, only pairs added to Open Songs would count for it?

If so I'd have to say no unless there are two separate raffles for open and closed pairings, or if this was a different event to be run at a different time of the year than the regular Spring Fling.
^_^ Ooooo I like that Idea, and I understand where you are coming from. I was just curious if people would be interested in something where its to create open songs, particularly. I dont run spring fling, so you know I cant do anything about it. I was just purely curious on a number of those who would consider making OPEN songs. x3

I myself have sams that I have held off with JUST for spring fling x3 (The 2 that I just got, both males, will be waiting for spring fling). ^^

Thanks for your opinion Blue <3 I appreciate it :D
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D: