Dumb Breeding Question

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Zincht
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Dumb Breeding Question

Post by Zincht »

Okay, I've been trying to find all of the breeding info on permissions, but I thought I'd post a few specific examples and see if they can be answered.

Example 1: Open Song
Say someone wants a sam, they find a song that says 'open', they apply for a breeding. No permissions needed?

Example 2: Semi-Open Song
A) Now they find a prettier samanayr mare, it is in a semi-open song. They contact the mare's owner and gain permission. Do they also need to contact the Stallion's owner?

B) Person owns a mare in a semi-open song. Do I need to contact the stallion's owner for permission to apply for a breeding?

Example 3: Closed Song
A) Person finds a sam pair, and they would like a baby from it. They need permission from both owners, correct?

B) You probably guessed.. Person owns a mare in a closed song. Do they need permission from the stallion's owner to breed her?

C) Person owns a stallion in a closed song. I am assuming they need permission from that mare (if it is not theirs) to breed?

I'll be happy to update this question list if people think of any other obvious questions. As well as fill in the official answers if/when I get them.
Image Image Image Image Image
Burble | Memories | Flirt | Shoot | Diamond
Personalities!
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Re: Dumb Breeding Question

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Answering these to the best of my knowledge :3

1 - Correct

2A - Depends on the Song - most Semi-Open Songs list which Sams require their owner's permission. Sometimes that includes the Stallion, and other times the Stallion can breed without any permissions. I have seen some I think where the Stallion is the ONLY Sam that requires breeding permission |D

2B - If you're the mare's owner, it is generally accepted that your mare's membership in the Song is considered permission for breedings without having to explicitly ask the stallion's owner every time. People owning other mares in the Song who want to use YOUR permission-requiring mare still need to ask permission from you (and probably the Stallion's owner if he needs permission, though that I'm not 100% on)

3A - Correct

3B - See 2B

3C - As with 2B, a mare being in a Song generally grants the Stallion's owner permission to breed with any mare in the Song. You can discuss other arrangements if you want to, but being in a Song is generally accepted as breeding permission for both owners. It is courteous to mention to the other user when you plan to use a pair for a breeding season, in case they were planning to do the same, but it isn't required.

Hope that helps!
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

Not going to lie I was wondering the same thing about a few of those soooo that helped a bunch. Thank you to you both for asking and answering. ^_^
SunBlind
Mystic
Mystic

Post by SunBlind »

I always assumed if you're in the same Song it's kind of assumed you don't need to ask permission otherwise, say stallion needs permission and he rejects all mares...? Same if all mares give no permission to stallion owner. But good to see it clarified because not all rules are really logical :) And I also agree if you own mare 1, you still need permission for mare 2 since in a breeding with stallion and mare 2, you don't own either parent and thus you're no different from someone who isn't in the Song at all.

*edit*

Ugh, going to have to fix all my headshots, seems they were hosted on photobucket!
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Bluestarwolf12 got it :D Thank you!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog