Kirin love (Private)

Have a new Song looking for members? Want to trade an item for something else? This is the place to go!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Kirin love (Private)

Post by silvermoondragon »

((This is a Personals RP between my Spirit of the Incandescent Flames and Echos' Nature of the Generous Earth))
      Spirit lay on his belly, legs outstretched, warming himself on a nice sun-warmed rock. S'qui was nearby, but instead of out basking in the sun, he was resting peacefully under the shade of a large leafed plant since his sun warmed his fur faster than was ideal. The rays of sun beating down on Spirit's back, warming his scales, were quite relaxing and he kept drifting off, in and out of dreams.

He was in the middle of a nice dream when something hard poked him in the side. His head shot up in alarm before he picked up a reassuring thought coming from S'qui. Looking down he saw that the little dragonet was the thing that had been poking him. Food? Hungriiiiiii! S'qui called out with his mind, adding a quiet chirp and another headbutt to emphasize his point. Spirit sighed and got to his feet, sending back a yes. S'qui gave Spirit one more soft headbutt in the leg before jumping down off the rock calling back Come! Follow! Sometimes his dragonet could be so demanding. Jumping down after him, Spirit followed S'qui keeping the mental link intact so he could follow him even if he was far ahead and out of sight.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Re: Kirin love (Private)

Post by Echos »

The two nestlings were just getting ready to take thier first tentative hops out of the nest under Nature's watchful eye. Still covered in fluffy down the warbler chicks were chirping nervously, both waiting for the other to try the daring experiment first. Not that Nature knew what they were thinking yet. Birds didn't think about much at the best of times and babies were even less focused than thier parents - she'd shut the constant queries for food out ages ago. Wedged splay legged between two branches, wings open just enough to maintain her precariously balanced position, she watched the two explore their branch occasionally scanning the skies for the pairs mother.

The mother bird hadn't been back for over a day now and Nature hadn't been able to put the pair out of her mind so she found herself on babysitting duty, not really sure what to do should mama not be coming back. At this point she couldn't bring herself to abandon them even though the rational part of her mind was telling her baby birds died all the time and she shouldn't get involved. With a sigh she tried to get more comfortable and settled in for what she assumed would be a long, uncomfortable day.

Come! Follow! The unexpected intrusion caught Nature by surprise and she momentarily forgot she was balanced in a tree as she tried to turn and spot the animal's whose thoughts she'd heard. Unfortunately for her it was just enough movement to send her toppling head first out of the tree. After hitting what felt like every branch between her and the ground she landed in a rather undignified heap at the feet of a very fluffy dragonet. "Ow that hurt" Nature muttered, more than a little dazed. "You've probably startled my birds and why are you upside down?"
Last edited by Echos on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Spirit charged forwards when he felt the alarm and surprise through the connection he was keeping with S'qui. He was too focused on this connection to notice the presence of another mind nearby. As he pushed his way through a small bush, he was quite surprised to find another Samanayr lying in a heap in front of his dragonet.
      "Hello?" he said gently and hesitantly, eyes widening as he noticed the scales glinting along her body, "Are you alright?"
       S'qui's alarm was already fading and Spirit told him telepathically that everything was alright. The little dragonet turned his head almost 90 degrees to look inquisitively at the new kirin before shaking out his fur and running back over to Spirit to headbutt his leg once more. S'qui's mind already wandering back to its initial purpose of finding some food.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

"Hmm?" Nature asked rolling over so that she was no longer upside down and attempting to do something about the leaves that clung to her mane. A few reassuring thoughts were enough to calm the shrill whistles that spiked through her mind as the chicks loudly voiced thier panic. Realizing she hadn't actually answered the kirin's question she added absently, "Oh, I'm quite alright. Nothing to worry about, I've taken worse falls before and my birds don't seem to upset by the desturbance."

"So what brings you to this neck of the woods?" she asked, head tilted playfully to one side. She'd noticed his suprise when he'd first seen her and guessed that he hadn't run into too many other kirins before. "Surely you're not out here just to chase after a hungrey dragonet, who, by the way, might be more succesful if it were looking under those bushes over there."
Last edited by Echos on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

((pokes Spirit... huh... his past seems to be discovering itself a little.))

Spirit was glad that this new Kirin was alright since their species wasn't too common. In fact, other than himself and Glint from the Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings, he hadn't seen any others since the tragedy at his birth song that had left him alone in the world. His parents hadn't even been able to properly teach him how to use his gifts properly before they had been taken by the illness.

Giving his head a little shake to clear out the memories threatening to take control he nodded to her, "Good, I am glad. I apologize for my dyragonet, he gets excited quite easily and well... he has a veyry styrong mind. My name is Spiyrit of the Incandescent Flames."
      At her mention of some food in the bushes Spirit quickly sent this information, in a more direct form, to S'qui to save his leg from further headbutting. The little dragonet let out a squeal of joy and ran off excitedly, diving headfirst into the bush to leave it quivering as he explored its juicy treasures. With his pet looked after, he returned his attention to the mare to answer her question. Well, I just left the Song of the YRainbow Hotspyrings after a quite exciting adventure. I was actually having a nice yrelaxing yrest afteyr my jouyrney before S'qui woke me up wanting some food."
      He sighed and shook his head slightly. That little dragonet was always causing trouble and interrupting his naps, but he was a loyal and loving companion, his one true friend.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

"No hayrm done," Nature replyed, waving off the Spirits apology, "He can't possibly have know I was up in that tyree and yreally, theyre is no point in being angyrey at a creatuyre because of its natuyre. Life gets yratheyr tedious if you tyry." She grinned as the little dragonet darted off, squealing with delight at whatever titbits its had just discovered.

"I'm Nature of the Generous Earth. It's a pleasuyre to meet you and youyr little companion, it's not often that I yrun into otheyr sam-kin out heyre." She told him, flicking her tail to gesture towards the general vicinity of the woods. It had been awhile since she'd last wandered onto the beaten path and as much as she enjoyed the peace and quiet of being alone, after awhile one got tired of listening to the thoughts of animals. She'd even started talking out loud to herself which usually meant it was time for her to go find some company, which it seemed she had just stumbled upon.

"That sounds like quite a stoyry. Once youyr fyriend is finished with his meal peyrhaps you wouldn't mind telling it to me." She asked, hoping she didn't sound too eager, "That is, if you don't mind putting youyr nap off for a bit."
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

((Sorry to leave this so long...))

"Oh yes, I have leayrned to live with his boundless eneyrgy. What can I say, theyre's neveyr a dull moment with him, keeps life exciting." Spirit laughed when, as if to prove his point, S'qui, humming contently, popped his head out from the bushes all covered in sticky berry juice. Oh S'qui, he sent to the dragonet, how are we going to get that out of your fur? His only response was a soft shriek of dragonet laughter.

Turning his attention back to Nature, he continued, "With the Song of the YRainbow Hotspyrings only a day or two's yrun away, most Samanayrs choose to stay within it's boyrdeyrs so theyre ayren't as many wandeyring out heyre." Spirit would have stayed at the hotsprings longer himself but the influence of seeing so many Samanayrs paired up and in songs had left him feeling alone and lonely. He had yet to start a song of his own, partly from fear of losing those he loved like he had lost his birth song, partly from not having met the right mare to allay those fears. Looking at the Kirin mare in front of him, he wondered if maybe things could change. "I hadn't actually planned on the nap myself, the sun was just so wayrm and yrelaxing that I dozed off. Although I must say now that I am quite glad my dyragonet woke me up. I would most happy to tell you all about my adventuyres and since S'qui has satisfied his stomach we might actually get some peace and quiet to do so," he finished with a chuckle.