What's in a Name? I'll Tell You!

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Yuiven
Mystery
Mystery

What's in a Name? I'll Tell You!

Post by Yuiven »

My new Sa'krien mare needs to have a name, but I'm totally clueless as to what to call her. ^_^; I'd like to follow the fashion in having a name that combines the sire's and the dam's in some way, with an original flair to reflect her individuality. Please feel free to make any suggestions. All will be taken under serious consideration.

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it. Once I have decided, I'll let everyone know! <3
Last edited by Yuiven on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Re: What's in a Name?

Post by CosmicDragon »

Rage of the Forgotten Weapon
Memory of the Last Days
Snicker of the Lost Blade

Aaaaah... They are pitiful suggestions for such a gorgeous Scythe/Regrets babeh, but I tried to think of ones that relate to both parents without being blatantly obvious. XD
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
feyani
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by feyani »

Remembrance of the Blade's End
Slice of the Last Memory
Flyssa of the Lost Traditions (I randomly googled blades and swords. A Flyssa is a traditional sword from the Kabyles tribe of Algeria and parts of Morocco according to wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyssa)
Memory of the Rapier's Sting
Sting of the Rapier Wit
Satisfaction of the Dagger's Mark

....She looks like she's plotting some sort of evil, and looking forward to it. So, I tried to think of names that implied something unpleasant that she would enjoy. xD
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Remembrance of the Approaching Armageddon
Sharpening of the Contented Blade
Memory of the Glittering Blade

I'm sure if I sat here for another few hours, I could have more for you. But since I can't really do that... This is all I got. Good luck finding a good name for her! :D
Yuiven
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Yuiven »

My apologies for the delay. You three came up with incredible names that I would've never thought of! It wasn't an easy decision. So, after taking a lot of time and careful thought in regards to my Sa'krien mare's personality and heritage, I have decided to bestow this name upon her:

Flyssa of the Lost Traditions

Thanks for all of your help! ^_^