Sewing Debacle

Talk about anything you want here.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Sewing Debacle

Post by Echos »

For the first time ever I sewed through my finger :shock: The needle broke off and buried itself a good half inch into my right index finger like a splinter and its now all swollen up and painful. Worse yet I bleed all over the WHITE dress I was making for a friend and it won't come out. Not only does my finger hurt like heck but I can't hold a pen, have to type with my left hand and I'm going to have to start the sleeve all over again. I hate doing sleeves :cry: Plus now I can't get my sewing machine to work. It keeps eating the thread...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Re: Sewing Debacle

Post by silvermoondragon »

ow... That sucks! I feel your pain.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

I hope you went an got your finger taken care of at the hospital ER or something, puncture wounds are the worst!

Hope your finger feels better soon, and that everything works out for you! *snugs*
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

AHHH that's terrible @____@ I hope your finger gets better soon! Figures it'd have to be a white dress you're sewing at the time too.. XD;
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

AAAAAhhhh! *nearly faints from the thought of watching that happening* I hope you had someone look at that O_O I was watching Oprah today (first time in a while) and it was about flesh eating bacteria and MRSA and now I'm all freaked out about going to the gym and getting cuts and stuff.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

I didn't actually see it happen (thank god) but that's probably why I ended up stabbing myself in the first place. I've drenched it in hydrogen peroxide and an iodine disinfectant so I'm going to see if it'd looking better tomorrow before heading to a doctor. The only good news is I finally got my machine working again. I'd jammed the needle mechanism so that it wasn't catching the thread correctly. I managed to get my brother to straighten it with some pliers.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Im sorry to hear that! I hope you get better! Make sure you see a doctor, take 2 pain pills and call me in the mor... O.o;; woh wait... im not the doctor. :P but thats probly what they will say! :3

*hugs* Feel better!
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
LilLavLav
Yearling
Yearling

Post by LilLavLav »

That sounds awful ._.
That happened to this guy at school in sewing class. Good thing I didn't have to witness it. (He wasn't in my class)
Blood blood blood blood x.x;;
That's why I hate sharp objects.
I really hope your finger's feeling better!
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

*cringes* Aye, that sounds incredibly painful to me; I think it's bad enough when I get a beading needle a millimeter or two into my fingers. I hope it's starting to feel better now anyway!
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

Its feeling (and looking) soooo much better today :) I can hold a pencil again and use the computer fairly easily now- typing left handed turned out to be really challanging when it came to clicking. I also got some more fabric to restart my sleeve but I think I'm going to stay away from the machine for a bit...
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Glad to hear your finger's feeling better :D Don't let that machine get the better of you!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Raenia
Silence of Uncertain Cause

Post by Raenia »

Yikes, that sounds horrible! I'm so glad you're feeling better. I'd still advise you to get it looked at, if you haven't already. Puncture wounds can be nasty.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage