Dentist :(

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Dentist :(

Post by Sushidragon »

In an hour I'm off to the dentist for my regular cleaning. Because I'm me, every time I go to the dentist I'm afraid that they'll tell me my teeth are all rotting and that they will all fall out, so I'm a little anxious. And I hate having to get work done - my body is very resistant to anesthetic and it likes to wear off halfway through the procedure XD

I know nobody really likes going to the dentist.. but does anyone else always go through the worst case scenarios before going? XD
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Re: Dentist :(

Post by Orasteele »

All of the time! I have terrible nightmares about it if I think about it for too long during the day. It's part of the reason I still have my wisdom teeth, even though one of them is broken (the other reason is financial). *hugs you* IT WILL BE ALRIGHT! Just don't psyche yourself out too much, and remember it will be over before you know it. <3
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

well, I had to have these appliance things glued to my top jaw to expand it, and when it got taken off, I was always worried that all my teeth would get pulled off with it. The dentist grinded away at it and would then yank on it to see if it was ready to come off the teeth yet. That was probably the worst.
I'm also worried that the drill will grind off the tops of my teeth. Ugg, I hate the sound of the drill.

I hope it all goes well for you. I think you have to be really, REALLY bad to your teeth to have them that rotted, it would probably be pretty visible too.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Thank you for your encouragement <3 Everything was fine, of course, the only problem is that I'm apparently flossing too hard XD That's the first time I've heard something besides not flossing enough!

@Orasteele - Ugh, as soon as you can afford it, try to get those wisdom teeth out! I delayed getting mine out for a few years because I was worried about the procedure, and they started to go bad and were causing incredible pain o_x When I did get them out, it went just fine, although they were impacted and one of them was broken too. I got sedated rather than knocked completely out and was out of there after an hour or two, only had to take a couple of the Tylenol 3s they gave me, and was back to eating solids again within a matter of days :D Although you may hear some horror stories, there's happy stories as well!

@silvermoondragon - AHH, that sounds horrifying @__@ I'm glad you don't have to deal with that anymore! Isn't teeth stuff just the worst?
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Flossing too hard? what's wrong with that, does it damage the gums? I think my dental hygienist always flosses my teeth too hard during a cleaning :(

I am very glad I am all done with the appliance stuff. My jaw apparently didn't grow enough to be perfect, but the dentist was happy with it because I apparently have narrow teeth. Also, I have already had my braces on and now off, so I don't have to worry about that. I guess now I should be fine as long as I keep my teeth clean and happy. I really don't want to get another cavity, drills=horrible!
SunBlind
Mystic
Mystic

Post by SunBlind »

Teeth stuff is pretty bad indeed. Especially if you frequently dream about them falling out. Trust me, when you wake up you really don't want to touch them, not even with your tongue, for fear that they really will fall out 0.o;
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Gah. o.o I hate the dentist. I've had so many problems with my teeth it's not even funny, and half of my dentists have been complete gits. I mean, half way through one of my root-canals, the anesthetic wore off, and he continued mashing the nerve. D: It was not good. But being worried before hand doesn't help anything, so I never worry before actually knowing what's wrong. XD
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

I have a dentist appointment for... the 6th? I think? While I'm home on spring break, anyway. Hopefully there won't be anything wrong and it will be a routine cleaning. I'm not looking forward to the day he decides that my wisdom teeth need to come out. They haven't grown in yet, so it would be nasty if it needed to be soon.