Sam Creation Help

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Sam Creation Help

Post by Echos »

Anyone willing to help me brainstorm for the monthly draw custom? I've thought up a character I'd love to try for but failed to actually figure out his name and appearance when creating him. Not that he's even noticed...

This lam stallion is inspired by physics and mathematics, calculus in particular. I'm looking for a name that has something to do with either field. As for colors and pattern I have absolutely no idea what he should look like though I was playing around with the idea of chalkboard green and white.

I also need to think of a name that A.B.A.C.U.S. could be an acronym for that explains its purpose.

So a quick rundown of his character:

An eccentric stallion who is often absorbed with his own enthusiastic scribblings and discovery of things he calls "laws of the physical world" and "mathematics". He is convinced that his discoveries will explain the mysterious of the world and is always excited to share his speculations and theories with anyone who will listen. Most have written him off as an eccentric and harmless kook but he has never let the disbelief of others hinder his exploration into the world of numbers.

His most recent accomplishment is a device he created called an ABACUS that can quickly compute the answers to problems. He is very proud of this creation even if its brilliance goes ignored by most of the population.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Re: Sam Creation Help

Post by Origami_Dragon »

I posted on PI...but since we have a new thread for February over there now...I'll copy it over here too so it doesn't get lost.
Origami_Dragon wrote:Hmm... Ponder of the Whirling Thoughts perhaps? Or Ponder of the Whirling Numbers?

Not sure on what he should look like, but if you win him it sounds like he might make a cute match for my Triumph of the Inkstained Scroll who is obsessed with reading and writing and learning.
Equations, or markings that you could almost imagine were equations would be interesting. Or sine/cosine curves on him or something.

Hmm...abacus... A Basic Adding/Calculating User System?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

Lol, sin charts would be good, maybe a sin and sec graph overlaid on each other. Maybe through in a few sigma and derivative symbols. I love the acronym by the way- its much better than what I came up with XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Heh, little fellow would end up looking like someone's been scribbling graphs and calculations and notes all over him...

I'm not sure I like User...and of course...after I post I come up with a possibly better word for the U. Utility or Utilization perhaps. Or even Useful.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Hoo boy, calculus! I forgot all of that as soon as I was out of high school XD

I like the idea of chalk-white markings on chalkboard-green. Maybe the tips of his tufts, mane, and tail could be dusted with white as well, as if he was using the chalkboard and got dust all over himself! For a little accessory, maybe a necklace with some abacus stones strung on it?

U could stand for Utilization? :O
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Calculation of the Puzzling Problem
Knowledge of the Number System
Figure of the Fraction Percent
Fizzure of the Fraction Fallout
Thinker of the Mathmatical Equasion
Ratio of the Correct Answer
Decline of the Decimal Decision <--- Dies*

XD Sry.. had to throw my though of names. ^_^;;

^_^ Cool idea love. :D Mine is kinda based off sherlock holmes. ^_^;; I had em revamped :D
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Aranea
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Aranea »

How about Seeker of the Unified Theory, for a physics bent?
Reflection of the Natural World?
Integral of the Elegant Formula?
Quest of the Elegant Integral, since the sign for integral's rather elegant?
Derivative of the Inherent Laws?
Ponderer of the Perpetual Questions?
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

Thank you for all the help everyone, I'm going to go with Seeker of the Unified Theory for my stallion's name and a green and white body with equations on it for his appearance. If he doesn't get created in the draw he will definitely be going on my custom list :)

@Ori - Should Triumph be interested I'd love to do some rp when this boy comes into existence. I have a feeling they would get along splendidly
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

I shall look forwards to it! I'd love to explore her personality more, and she'd be delighted to encounter another Sam with a scholarly bent. Good luck in the draw! I look forwards to seeing this mathematical fellow appear!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image