Watch Sushidragon draw - postponed

Talk about anything you want here.
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Re: Watch Sushidragon draw on Ustream - over for now!

Post by Harroway »

jennalyn wrote:I'm afraid I got there a little late to see whether or not she finished the Enkeyn. If she did, it was before my time. I did get to see a rather stunning red and a rather stunning blue on two different Sams, though! Couldn't make out specifics, but the colors were splendid.
O rly? :o
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the flailing Sam XD I need to figure out how to find her a home.. or if I'm going to keep her for myself XD I love how she turned out!

I didn't work on the Enkeyn tonight, my thumb was hurting too much after I finished the night's Samanayrs ;_; However, here's what I did get finished!

Tonight's giveaway Samanayr, who's going to Origami_Dragon - congrats :D

And Harroway's custom Song!

Image Image Image
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Congrats Origami! She's quite the beauty!

Love your song Harroway!
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Origami, what a lovely lady! I adore the horns mixed with her colors. Beautiful fiery devil. <3 Might I tentatively suggest that she make the acquaintance of Nathalia's Blaze of Highland Glory? xD (I manage her Song for her.)

And Harroway, that is a stunning collection of lovely in one row. The stallion is probably my favorite of the three. Something about the combination of his horn, fluff, and markings... heeee.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

*blinks* She's coming home with me? Wow! And she's even more stunning all scanned in than she looked on the video last night! *tries to cuddle her and gets kicked and bitten and almost speared by antlers* Little feisty though... Thank you! And if you'll point me towards the Song I can certainly take a look Jenn.

And Harroway's song is gorgeous! I can't decide which is my favorite. Still is an absolutely gorgeous blue. But Flight has such lovely natural colors and a splendid pose. Revelation looks almost like he has eye spots all over him. And such a gorgeous sunrise colored main and tail! And lots of wings!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

A'course! Blaze's Song is here, the Song of the Highland Hills: http://jennalyn.net/critters/sanctuary/ ... -song6.htm
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

AAAHHHH *dies*

Oh they're BEAUTIFUL! I love them all so very much! Thank you SO much, Sushi! They're even more brilliant than I imagined! <33 I sent Sushi pictures of my paintings and asked her to draw inspiration from them, and I can tell which Sam came from which painting. They're lovely!

And oh man Ori, your lady is LOVELY. <333 That is a brilliant, beautiful color combo! She actually looks like a painting of wildfire I did. XD Congrats so much!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Thanks for the comments, everyone :D Harroway's Song was great fun to work on, I was very happy to get a look at her paintings!

Just one more custom to finish today and then I'll be all finished up before I leave on my trip tomorrow XD
Image Image

Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Hmm...Blaze is a lovely stallion...but the more I look at Hum the more I think I'd sort of like to follow Calomel's example and have her sort of RP out choosing a stallion to join the song of. So...keep an eye out for her to go looking sometime this weekend. Then we can see if my RP skills have gone all rusty or not...

Heh, so all the Sams posted from last night look like your paintings, hmm Harroway?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

That they do! It's so neat that they even have patterns and things that I painted. I love that little detail. Like Still has white dots on her - those are birds that I painted on a seascape. Those eye-like markings on Revelation are actually sunlit branches floating in the wind. :D
Calomel
Is edible

Post by Calomel »

Ack! I keep missing them for study time. ;_;

On a bright note though, I aced my maintenance fundamentals BlockI test. Highest score in the class! *Woo!*
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Yay! Grats Calomel! Great job!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Wow! Still of the Everlasting Sea was my favourite the whole time, I loved her pose, then the amazing blue, and now the scanned image is just amazing! The others are great too, and that is very cool that they were based on your paintings, can we see these paintings?
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Sure! I just need to digitally put my name on them so they don't get stolen. XD I'll do that tomorrow morning!
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Here's the painting for Still of the Everlasting Sea: http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7532/seascapename.jpg

Painting for Triumphant Sun: http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9173 ... lsname.jpg

Painting for Earth's Elation: http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2130/i ... d2name.jpg

Yeah, I slapped my name all over them. XD Wasn't sure how to make a pretty watermark! Hope you guys enjoy them. :D
Calomel
Is edible

Post by Calomel »

Wow, those are lovely paintings!
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Must agree with Calomel. And you certainly can tell which Sam came from which painting! Or set of paintings in the case of Triumphant Sun. I particularly like the seascape.

Now...any chance of seeing the painting that Hum reminds you of too? :mrgreen: <3
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

I looked through all my stuff on my computer, but unfortunately, I don't have a digital version of it. :( My painting's got more browns and purples in it than Hum, but the upper portion looks like her. XD It's painted like the one for Elation, but instead uses yellow, red, purple and brown to make a wildfire. I should redo that one one day so I feel better about it!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Those are great paintings! It's nice to see both the sams and the paintings they were based on.
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

I love Still, and I love the painting she came from too. I have a weakness for blue. :) Your art is lovely, Harroway!
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Thank you guys. <3 Nothing brings me more joy than to have people enjoy looking at art for its own sake. I'm not into the whole "omg it has to be all deep and meaningful to be art". :) I like pretty for the sake of pretty!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: Watch Sushidragon draw on Ustream - next tonight, 6pm PDT!

Post by Sushidragon »

More Ustreaming tonight :D My computer's been having issues both with the Ustream chat and streaming my webcam, so hopefully I won't have to end early or anything tonight.

The password should still be pickledfigs but for some reason it doens't seem to be requesting a password.. is anyone being prompted to enter one when they go look at the broadcast?
Image Image

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

hmmm, it's not prompting me for a password at all, I know last time it wanted a password for both the video and the chat, but I can't remember if it was after or before the streaming started... I could even type some stuff into the chat without entering a password, so my guess is that the password isn't working anymore.

Well, hopefully I can get home in time to watch some of the Ustream, I have a dentist appointment at 5:00 so I might be a little late :(
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Boo Ustream! I`ve tried turning it on and off a few times but nothing. I sent an email to Ustream support, but since I don`t expect to hear back from them anytime soon, hopefully we won`t get any spammers tonight XD
Image Image

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

hopefully not, I don't really know that much about Ustream, but is the option to set the password still there? have you tried turning the password off and then putting it back on?

EDIT: have you tried the live help? http://www.ustream.tv/channel/help I was checking out the help stuff and it looks like you can chat through ustream with someone to get help.