Hello~

Talk about anything you want here.
Rozel
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Hello~

Post by Rozel »

Wow, so, yeah I'm back. Let me explain... a loong time ago I came here, even though it doesn't feel that long. Things happened, I got a bit impatient since it was taking awhile to get a Sam, and I slowly drifted away as lots of things came up in my life. I found my way back here and I want to join again. ^^;

I was really hyper back then, as I look at my posts. I think I've certainly matured a lot lol. I was still a newbie to the forums back then so nothing is changing now. Anyways, hi. I go across the web as Roka often, but you can call me Rozel anyways. It's what I've kind of started with, and all my old accounts on things are named Rozel. x3

Gosh, I also looked through the Nameless Forest again and it was nostalgic as well. Since I didn't really get the chance to get to some adoption agencies before they poofed, my website just has things I've found in the Nameless Forest and an equine I won from a contest a long time ago. I guess I'll post a link here.

http://the-elven-glade.webatu.com/

Boy I'm not sure how to get started but I know I'll probably look around here more, socialize a bit, enter a few contests... I hope this place is still active. ^^
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Re: Hello~

Post by Seren »

It is still quite active! Sushi's taking a break for the month, but there will be a ton of new opportunties in April!

Hi, I'm Seren, obviously, and I just joined back in August- I love the site and have 3 (soon to be 4) Sams. ^___^

It's great you came back! :D Can't wait to compete and perhaps roleplay? ^^''

I can be hyper too though ;3 Watch out!
Signature under construction!
Rozel
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Rozel »

Sweet, sweet. I'll be looking forward to April. Roleplaying will be lots of fun, I always enjoy that. I'm also thinking of working on my own agency or something. Just a small thing. I'm doodling right now and I think it would be fun to do something small xD Probably won't last but it would keep me busy. I always either have tons of things to do or nothing. D:..

Well I hope we can be good friends. OwO
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

I'd love to see any doodles! ^^ I'm currently planning a site that's like half roleplay forum half adoptables site. I think it'll be pretty intense. O.O xD

But that sounds epic! And I'd love to be friends! :D And I sympathize with the whole "a ton of things or nothing", I'm either swamped with homework and freaking out or bored out of my mind.
Rozel
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Rozel »

What's the name of the website? I'd love to give a poke at it :>
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

It's not up yet- I'll make a post about it when it is, it may not be until next year, juinor year's a busy one. x/
Last edited by Seren on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rozel
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Rozel »

Aw... lol. I kind of don't want to join now. I don't exactly like that theme, but I'll give it a look anyways.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

S'all good. It's not for everyone~ I'm still curious about your thing though! ^__^
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Welcome back :D Things are pretty quiet at the moment because I am indeed taking the month off, but we'll be back in the swing of things in April! I'm actually planning on doing some non-owner events before the festival starts too, so you'll want to be around for that ;D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Rozel
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Rozel »

^^; Awesome Sushi. I'd love to participate!

And sorry Seren, hope I wasn't too offensive. But anyways, it's kind of hard making up a cool species anyways xD I'm really picky, and I'm bad with pencil.. Yet, it doesn't feel special if I do it on the computer.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

XD Rozel, it's all good. it's not everyone's cup of tea, I get that. Maybe you could find something you like about it when it's up, but I'm not one to push something on others. It wouldn't be fun if you didn't enjoy it, you know? xD

Wasn't offended in the least!

I have so many species going on in my head it's ridiculous. I totally agree about the computer thing though! There's nothing wrong with them, but hand-drawn ones (Like Sushi's) feel original, special, and like you put real care into it. :3
Why don't you throw around some ideas?
Rozel
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Rozel »

Hah so far I've been messing with wolf-like creatures, because I'm good at wolves but I've drawn wolves for a billion years so I guess I would get bored of just drawing them over and over for people.

I always draw in... too much detail, maybe. I turn out to have only like 5 big ones fit on a piece of paper and I spend like 10 minutes just sketching them on there. I sort of made five different ones with somewhat feline-ish features. Basically a wolf with a narrow body and a long round tail like a snow leaopard, or multiple tails. Some of them have small horns and such.

I've been thinking of ideas and it would be really cool if it all started with just 5-6 different animals and then as people breed they can sell to other people and shape how the species turns out. Like taking two with long fur, and breeding types with long fur for awhile until they make a really fluffy snow species or in opposite, a more horse-like pink race of wolves xD Like, if one has enough differences in it's features, it can be called a new species and added to a directory.

Of course, you would have to make sure the people who play don't keep the animals to themselves. There would have to something like you can only have 20 in total and there's some sort of bonus that comes with selling.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

oooohh *eyes get big* I like that! Alot! The whole crossbreeding thing sounds fantastic- It'd really inspire people to think and create more. Also, a limit would be nice so others would get a chance for new species and such, and not just the people who'd been following you forever. XD

And detail makes them all the more special, you know!
Rozel
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Rozel »

Yeah lol.. I just don't like taking forever to do them, and I would probably close it. I'm just going to keep experimenting with sketches until I get something just right xD
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Keep me posted? xD

I'll have to throw up some sketches sometime!
Rozel
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Rozel »

I would love inspiration :P And yeah, I'll let you know if I get any other ideas!
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

*chuckles* We'll see if I can draw tomorrow! I have some wolf, equine, and other mishmashes xD
Rozel
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Rozel »

I love horsies~<3 I drew up a few things, hopefully I'll be able to scan them sometime tomorrow.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Fantastic! ^^''

I'll have to put up some new pics of my horses! And I can't wait to see! :D
Rozel
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Rozel »

It's so much fun looking at all these Sams. :> And hopefully I'll be able to meet the other people who hang out here eventually. -is multi-tasking and poking the forums every once in awhile-

Good stuff. Anyways, I have a question. Is there things to do other then hang out while you wait for a Sam? I'm fine hanging out here, but maybe I should start working on something like a page for my Sam >w<
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Yes, there are quite a few others, since the Sams are on hiatus they're just not around as much. XD

As for that, you can make a website page to host your eventual Sams on... but since you don't know what Sam you're getting, you can't do much more than just make the website.

You could help me decide what Sam to get with my custom token I won! I just can't decide....

Also, if the Spring festival rolls around and you still don't have a Sam, you are welcome to use one of mine (though I only have 3 to choose from xD) for any contests that require the use of a Sam.
Rozel
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Rozel »

Well, I'm not sure much about what customs are but I'd love to see something like a snow leopard. Rounded feline ears, paws, fluffy, and feline tail.

And thanks for the offer. ^^ I'd be glad to take over one of your Sams just for a teensy bit when the time hits.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

:O Dude, one of the forms I'm considering is snow-leopard based. XD Unfortunately, I can only pick two traits... So it wouldn't quite be a snow leopard :/

I think I'll wait on the snow leopard thing until I can get a total mimic that looks fully like a snow leopard- There's one to cross off my list! (The list is under Samanayr Discussion, Custom Help)

Just type in my name in the database owner, you'll see them- I have two Guest Artist, I can't wait to get more of Sushi's Art. I'd technically have 6 Sams right now, but I gave two to my best friend xD They're under SilverDapples
Rozel
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Rozel »

Well I'd go with feline tail and feathered wings then. xD I just love those traits.

And one of the images is broken, but the other Sam is very lovely. :3
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

The ones for SilverDapples? If you click on the broken image, it'll lead you to her picture.

On a flipnote, I'm going to send you a message whenever I finish sketch work, that way I won't junk up your thread any longer- I'm sorry!