Seeking permanent volunteers (applications closed)

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Seeking permanent volunteers (applications closed)

Post by Sushidragon »

As much as I enjoy running events, with the amount of time I have right now I can either run events or draw, but not really do both. So, I'm looking for help! I'm seeking volunteers, although maybe 'volunteers' isn't the right term since you will be compensated for what you do :D Interested? Read on!

Volunteer overview

I'm looking for a group of people who I can ask to run events, will approach me with events ideas, and/or will do miscellaneous other tasks. Nobody will be required to do anything they don't want to do and you can stop being a volunteer at any time! If you're busy you can ask to take a break and you're welcome back at any time.

For every event or task that you do, you'll earn points which can be redeemed for fun stuff! The number of points you earn for an event depends on how much time will go into running it. Here's an overview of how the points system will work, although this is subject to change as we work out the bugs:

Earning points

Quick event (1 hour or less) - 1 point
Long event (1-3 hours) - 3 points
Really long event (more than 3 hours) - 5 points

The time is based on how long it takes the event runner to run the event, not how long the event would actually run. Something like a drawing draw would be 1 points while something like a series of races would be 5 points. If you run something like an entire festival, you'd earn points for each event in the festival instead of just 5 points for the whole thing.

Points values

At value - Tradeable items
5 - Semi-custom accessory token or semi-custom pet token
10 - Semi-custom Sam token or job token
15 - Custom Sam token or breeding token
25 - Full custom Sam (max species rarity rare, not too crazy with the traits) or twin breeding token
50+ - Holy moly! We'll talk!

You'll be required to keep track of your own points, but all that means is updating a post on the volunteer board when you earn more points.

Volunteer requirements and expectations

- You need to have been a member of the Samanayr community for at least 6 months.
- You don't need to have a PI account to be a volunteer, it just means you'll only be able to run events that just take place on the Samanayr forum.
- Contests and events should be wrapped up within 3 days of the end date. Events where with entries that need to be judged or where a winner needs to be picked (writing contests, design contests, etc) have a week for the winners to be announced.
- 'Professional' conduct is expected at all times. If you have a personal issue with a participant, please keep things civil, and if you have any concerns please contact me directly.
- Life happens, I know that as much as anyone else! If you agreed to run an event but find you don't have the time after all, or if something comes up, please let me know so alternative arrangements can be made.
- You decide how much time you'd like to dedicate to running events. You could just run short events, just long events, or a mix of both, and you can decide to take on events or not as your time permits.
- You may be asked to step down if you're consistently late wrapping up events, engaging in rude behavior, etc.
- HAVE FUN! Or else >:[

How this will work

Volunteers can decide which categories of events they'd like to run (RP, races, live games, etc). When I need a volunteer for a specific event, I'll contact the person at the top of the category list. Once they've run the event, they'll go to the bottom of the list for that category. This is just so that one person doesn't keep getting all of the events, since I'd like everyone to get a chance!

Here's the current event categories:

- Long-running events
- Short-running/in-thread events
- Expeditions (RP)
- Expeditions (random)
- RP

If you have an idea for an event or series of events you'd like to run, you can contact me to see if it can happen! We just need to make sure that prizes can be provided and that there aren't a lot of events already happening.

For events like festivals, a group of volunteers would probably be used rather than having one person do all of the work.

Two or more volunteers could also work together on a single event if appropriate (think of something like the 'guess the Sam' games from a few years ago)!

Interested? Apply!

I'll be taking on a small group of volunteers to begin with, but may take on more if this works out well :D If you're interested in applying, please send me a PM with the subject "Volunteer" and the following filled out:

Username:
Which event categories would you like to sign up for?
Would you like to run events on PI, the Sam forum, or both places?
Where's the best place to contact you (PI, Sam forum, or either)?
When did you first join the Samanayr community (approximately)?
Have you read all of the requirements and expectations?
You're running a contest that's open for a week. A day after the event ends, someone says they got the dates of the deadline mixed up and they really want to submit their entry because they worked really hard on it. What would you do?
Anything else?

This will be open for a week or so, and I'll contact all successful applicants. Thanks for your interest!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Re: Seeking permanent volunteers (applications closed)

Post by Seren »

Hey Sushi! I am so so so excited for this! I have some ideas in store as well ;3

One question about points: So even for events that are open for days (like contests) would only be considered for one point?
Signature under construction!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

The time thing is based on how much time the event runner puts in to running the event, not the period of time the event takes place over :D So if you ran a basic random draw that was open for a week, but it just takes less than an hour to put up the post, collect the names, and put them in random.org, that'd be one point.
Image Image

Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

Ah okay okay okay! I see! ^^
Signature under construction!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: Seeking permanent volunteers (applications open)

Post by Sushidragon »

Applications are open now, I'm hoping to line up some folks in time for the birthday events :D
Image Image