Barbecuuuuue!

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Barbecuuuuue!

Post by Sushidragon »

We finally picked up a barbecue yesterday (we've been meaning to get one since last summer) and I'm totally hooked O_O Made lamb chops and grilled vegetables for lunch and it was so delicious and easy! And also so nice not to heat up the kitchen with the stove, since it's west facing and gets super hot in the afternoon XD

I would love to hear your favorite grilling recipes :D We're just having hot dogs and grilled veggies for dinner tonight, but I definitely need to get some steaks, and I want to try cooking a whole chicken..
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Re: Barbecuuuuue!

Post by silvermoondragon »

I'd share recipes, but I usually just like things plain... which makes for very plain recipes...

Take one chicken breast, put in oven, wait until cooked, add salt, and eat...

I'm also not really a fan of BBQ's since they usually end up with burnt grill lines and I don't really like BBQ sauce...
We did end up having beer can chicken once though which tasted pretty good.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

OH MAN, let me find you my favorite potato packet recipe. :D It's totally doable on the grill, though you may need to work out the best way for you to keep them upright.

I love-love-love these things. x3

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/sidedis ... o-bundles/
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I think I'm driving Mr Sushi a little bit crazy.. "Do you think we could grill bananas?!"

@silvermoondragon - Hey, simple can be delicious too :D Beer can chicken is on my list for sure!

@Jennalyn - Ooh thanks for the link, I am very interested to try stuff in packets XD I've come across recipes like that in cookbooks every so often and thought 'gee, that would be fun to make, too bad we don't have a barbecue!'
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

If you have refrigerator room (for marinating), may I suggest Souvlaki? It's basically marinated pork cubes on a stick on a bun.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/1677 ... aki-recipe

It's not entirely clear the way it's written, but the marinade is just the seasoning mix plus lemon juice. ReaLemon is a brand down here, it comes in a plastic lemon XD Not sure what y'all have up in Canada. They make it at our Festival downtown every year, and it is SO good. I had to buy two this year. Food on a stick = <3
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3