Greetings from SamCon 2015!

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Greetings from SamCon 2015!

Post by Sushidragon »

We only had two attendees this year - and oh no, one of them turned into a gryphon! :O

(did I mention that my hair is currently BRIGHT PINK?)

Anyway, VancouFur is over and I'm totally wiped! It was a very fun weekend and I look forward to doing it again next year :D Maybe we can even tempt some of you to come with us and have a proper SamCon?

There's still 17 Samanayr cards left, but I want to get the animal mimic events FINALLY started before I post them here. I go back home tomorrow and I'm going to take a day or two to recover, but then I'll be getting to work!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Re: Greetings from SamCon 2015!

Post by silvermoondragon »

Hmm, I wonder who that gryphon is... XD
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

Eeeee sam cards! Can't wait to see who was taken and who's available! :D Also, what a lovely griffon and pink-haired Sushi! <3
Signature under construction!
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayrs

Post by tierasa »

Such a fluffy fluffy Gryphon! And that pink hair is awesome!

Glad you guys had a good time and I had hoped you would sell more of the cards, but now I can wait and see what's available. Hehehe.
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Yay for photos!!
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

I love your hair! Eee!

I would absolutely love to go - Curse Vancouver being on the other side of the continent from me!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

Oh I absolutely love this picture! I can't wait to see who is up for grabs, and I have to agree with Jaes, so would have attended if it were like two and a half thousand miles closer!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

You didn't sell many cards, I hope you sold lots of other stuff :)
Can't wait to see which cards are left. I might want to snag one for an early birthday present to myself :D

I would love to come next year, but it will depend on if I have money to do so.
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I would love to do an east coast convention sometime, I need to do some research to see what would be a good fit for me! Maybe in a year or two :D

I sold a few pendants and had a few commissions, and I got a lot of ideas about what to do different next year XD Here's what I ended up drawing this weekend:

Image Image

Plus some marker sketches that I didn't take photos of. I spent the whole day drawing, it was pretty awesome O_O
Image Image

Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

I would drive up if you ended up being on the northern East coast! XD
Operetta
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Operetta »

Well, even though you didn't sell that many cards, I'm glad that you were busy. :)
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

I would totally drive around to see you at an east coast convention! Us east coasters will just have to eagerly wait for that time to happen XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Codress
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Any with wings! ^_^

Post by Codress »

Wow those look totally awesomeness and glad you had a goody time. ^_^ You looked very happy in the pic and that is what matters mostest!! ^_^ Not going to lie tho i'm curious on what cards are left. *grabby hands* LOL I will pay I don't mind. xD I want to get 2 for gifts anyways, if it is able.

WOOT WOOT to Sushi!! ^_^

*does happy dance with fingers in the air!*
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

The ones that sold were the sparrow-colored Sa'grisayr Minayr (to silvermoondragon!), the rainbow-and-black Northern, and the red-eyed black-and-white stallion with draconic wyvern, if you want to start planning now XD I still need to catch up with everything else first though!

I wonder if there's an east coast furry convention, I don't really consider myself a furry but it seems like my stuff fits with furry stuff really well XD
Image Image

Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Sushidragon wrote:The ones that sold were the sparrow-colored Sa'grisayr Minayr (to silvermoondragon!), the rainbow-and-black Northern, and the red-eyed black-and-white stallion with draconic wyvern, if you want to start planning now XD I still need to catch up with everything else first though!

I wonder if there's an east coast furry convention, I don't really consider myself a furry but it seems like my stuff fits with furry stuff really well XD
There are a few! One is Anthrocon, which is in Pennsylvania. That's a somewhat nice location because it'd be accessible for more southern east coasters (Like Jenn and myself) and Northern east coasters (I.e. SilverDapples, Jaes, etc.)

Also…. kekeke…. >:D Thank you for that.
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Seren wrote:
Sushidragon wrote:The ones that sold were the sparrow-colored Sa'grisayr Minayr (to silvermoondragon!), the rainbow-and-black Northern, and the red-eyed black-and-white stallion with draconic wyvern, if you want to start planning now XD I still need to catch up with everything else first though!

There are a few! One is Anthrocon, which is in Pennsylvania. That's a somewhat nice location because it'd be accessible for more southern east coasters (Like Jenn and myself) and Northern east coasters (I.e. SilverDapples, Jaes, etc.)

Also…. kekeke…. >:D Thank you for that.
Oooh I can't wait for a chance at the cards! I'd love to buy one that has a name that I suggested! :mrgreen:

Seconding Seren's suggestion! I've never been to Anthrocon, but the location is definitely a good one! I think Anime Boston had a furry presence when I went, but that was years ago. Pax East just happened and while I don't think it draws much of a furry crowd, its super super geeky and there's definitely a place for samanayrs, since there's a strong RP element to the board. And then there's the huuuuuuge New York Comic Con. I've seen furry art in the dealers wing - and lots and lots of MLP stuff!
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

You should come down to FurCon in San Jose, CA. Nice sized convention, beautiful weather and badge/on- site commissions are hugely popular there.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tierasa
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayrs

Post by tierasa »

Being a hermit, I'm not into cons, but I'm definitely looking forward to buying some Sam cards. ;)
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Anthrocon sounds like it could be fun.. I'm a little intimidated about going to such a large convention because the only ones I've attended have been less than 1000 people O_O; But I think it'd also be a lot of fun.. maybe in a year or two?

San Jose could be fun too, it would be especially nice to be down in CA during the middle of winter here XD;
Image Image

ElvenArcher
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: All of them

Post by ElvenArcher »

Salt Lake Comic Con in Utah has been awesome! Lots of beautiful artwork. Lots of fantasy themed stuff in the FanX one that was in January. It is smaller than their Con in September. I think the Sam's would do great, if you were to bring them here to Utah. I have just started Volunteering and I have had a fabulous time. I am planning on volunteering again in September at Salt Lake Comic con's larger con.
If you come closer to Utah I will definitely try to attend whatever Con you are at haha. Vancouver is just a bit far for me XD that and I've been out of the country. Hehehe
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pets
ImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

There's always Furnal Equinox in Toronto( which I'm at right now :O ) It's tough because it's the weekend after Vancoufur, but it's been a blast so far and it's still in Canada so you wouldn't have to worry about any US tax issues or passports. I hadn't been to FE for two years and it's certainly grown a lot, but it still has that really friendly feel. Plus, they have this sponsor's lounge, which all conventions should have. It is a room of free food for people who bought sponsor(or higher) memberships and dealers are also allowed to use the room. Also, there's the SushiDragon restaurant down the street from the con XD