Combination question -

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Combination question -

Post by Delicious »

First off - am I correct in assuming that Silk is a combination, and not a hybrid? (Or considered a Kodyla with Lam traits?). Secondly - if considered one or the other, what impact does this have on his social assumptions? Will he be looked down on by other Kodyla as a mixed breed, or be considered close enough that it's all one and the same? Does his Kodyla heritage make him too stuck-up to establish a song and will breed a la carte like normal Kodyla do, or does his other traits indicate that while he might still be fairly stuck up, he might be amenable to collecting some mares?

... or is all this in my head, and I'm overthinking things? XD
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Re: Combination question -

Post by Delicious »

Still a wondering! Especially with the current breeding season open, hehe.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Oops, sorry I missed your post XD

Silk is a combination rather than a hybrid. Personally I think he would see himself as an Ultra Kodyla, eg he has fancier traits and is more special than regular Kodylas XD Whether other Kodylas see him this way is up to you and their owners - some might (grudgingly) agree that he is pretty cool while others might see him as an 'impure' Kodyla.

In terms of breeding, I think he would still just breed out-of-Song with other Kodylas, since if he views himself as super special he wouldn't lower himself to gather non-Kodyla mares XD When breeding with a Kodyla, the offspring would be considered purebred Kodylas who may just happen to have some additional Lamanayr traits.
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

Thanks Sushi. :D

Man, I love this guy - I'd cuddle him senseless if I thought he'd let me. XD Stuck up 'dylas for the win!
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Handsome beast that he is. ;) <3<3<3 Can't help but love the arrogant sunnuva's.