Special Scary Sam Design Contest

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Minionayr
Yearling
Yearling
Favorite Sam species: ALL

Special Scary Sam Design Contest

Post by Minionayr »

If you'd like to join the mailing list, just post your username in bold!
Samanayrs are tiny equines which come in a brilliant rainbow of colors, and with dozens of different traits and species. Each Samanayr is hand-drawn and -colored, meaning that each one is unique! With Samanayrs, you can breed, race, collect, and more!
This thread has only one rule:

Please keep any complaining, whining, or comments that could make winners feel badly about their win out of the thread.

This includes comments like:

- "Random hates me! I never win!"
- "You won my dream Samanayr! I wish I had won!"
- "I don't know why I entered, I never win anything and I have terrible writing/art!"
- "I'm never going to get a Samanayr!"

If there's any questions or concerns, or if you have an issue with another user, or if you have something you'd like to vent to or at me about, please send me a PM! I love the Samanayr community, and I'd like to keep it friendly and happy <3
Staff
Your Samanayr staff are:

Sushidragon - Creator, artist, events and stuff

Sweet~Intoxikation/Minionayr - All-around awesome assistant

Guest Artists - Delicious, sera, Rekyrem, Xenon, dray, Harroway, Janalee, LakotaWolf, silvermoondragon, Pristine, and Unyko!

guest artist intros week 1 | week 2 and 3[/c]

Last edited by Minionayr on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ~ Samburger Helper ~ Image
Minionayr
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Special Scary Sam Design Contest

Post by Minionayr »

As with the 200th and 600th Samanayrs, the 666th will be designed by you!

Your task is to create a interesting, possibly evil, very scary (though PI appropriate) Samanayr! You can describe your entry with text, a picture you drew, picture references, however you feel you can best describe your idea! Entries will be judged by myself(Minionayr) and Sushi based on scare-factor, uniqueness, color and markings combinations, and how we feel they would work as a Samanayr. The winner will have their Samanayr created as the 666th Samanayr and a couple runner-up prizes.
Here's some things to keep in mind when designing:

- Samanayrs are very small - the size you see on the screen is pretty much how small Sushi draws them. Keeping that in mind, it can be difficult for Sushi to do very small details and markings.
- You're welcome to use almost any species and traits (see below for the exceptions). However, if using a particularly rare species, or a number of traits, your design should be pretty spectacular! XD
- Your entry can be as detailed as you'd like - you determine the Sam's name, species, colors and markings, gender, trait(s), any accessories, and personality. Reference images are definitely a plus!
- Each Samanayr can have up to one pet accompanying it if you'd like!

And the actual rules:

- There is a limit of one entry per person.
- The only species that can't be used are Kodyla, Rider, or Mystery.
- The only traits that can't be used are those with the 'unique' rarity, and those restricted to a particular species.

And the prizes!

First place - The winner's entry made into the 666th Samanayr! The winner will also receive a modiem of their choice.

Two Runners-up - A semi-custom Samanayr (you choose the colors), and a modiem of their choice.

To enter the contest, please send your entry to me (Minionayr) as a PM with the subject 666th Design Contest. This contest will close on March 11th, 2011 9pm Pacific Standard Time (5:00:00 PI Standard Time)
Minionayr
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Minionayr »

[rgb red]Very Good Question![/rgb]

I've had a very good question asked to me via PM and I just wanted to share with everyone the answer from Sushi.

Question: Could your entries have/contain a new trait for the creepy Sam contest.

Answer: As much as we love creativity and watching you're wild imaginations soar into new realms; for this contest we're sticking with the previously approved traits/species. There may be times in the future you can try for your new traits but this is not that time.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

i am so excited for this contest! I cant wait to see what spooky scary sam is created for 666! :D
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Minionayr
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Minionayr »

Our Winners Have Been Chosen!

It was a long and hard process to choose from all your amazingly creepy entries. We lost sleep, we pondered and we were scared senseless several times! But amazingly we found our Scariest Samanayr Winners!

Now, just a recap of the prizes before I announce the final choices.

First Place - Samanayr #666... your creep/scary/evil Sam. Designed exactly how they thought it up.

Second Place and Third Place - 1 token for a semi-custom Samanayr from Sushi! Can be used at any time, with considerations to Sushi's schedule (and baby Sushi's moods.. XD)

-------- And Now.. the Time has FINALLY arrived!!!! ----------

*drumrolls*

Third Place - Rekyrem with her elemental Deadwood!

Beautifully described and a creepy enough to make Sushi and I shiver and consider him a perfect future sam! You receive a semi-custom Sam token, Sushi will be adding it to your inventory soon!

Second Place -Janalee with her Sibyl of the Answering Blood!

Reading entrails and creeping you out since 2011.. Another I'd hate but love to see in the sam world. You receive a semi-custom Sam token, Sushi will be adding it to your inventory soon!

And finally... our First Place winner and the owner of the creepiest and most cursed (?) sam around..

Aranea with her Joy of the Anguished Screams!

Seriously... nightmare material. And perfect for the #666 Samanayr! You'll be receiving your lov- I mean ultra-scary evil Samanayr soon!!

CONGRATUALTIONS!!! to all the winners and thank you all for the nightmare inducing terror you set upon myself and Sushi.

Why.. we couldn't be happier!!!! <3333333
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Congrats guys! Can't wait to see the Samanayrs that will result from this.
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Major congrats you three! I can't wait to see the semis and Joy. <3
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Woot, congrats! :)
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Congrats to the winners, and a huge thank you to Sweet~Intoxikation for running her very first Minionayr event :D I'm looking forward to more in the future!

The semi-custom tokens have been added to Rekyrem's and Janalee's inventories, and it looks like good ol' 666 will have to wait until after the move - tons to do, and of course my back decided to go out :D :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Grate guys!! I can't wait to see them!
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Eee! You have no idea how much this brightened my day after all the GRE testing stress... *grins and bounces happily* Hehe, and I don't think you'll have to worry about Sybil ever coming to creep you out again; I have to admit though, she was awfully fun to sketch at least. XD Congrats Rekyrem and Aranea, and I can't wait to see Joy!

Ooh, and I hope your back feels better soon Sushi! Definitely not the best time to have it go out...though, I guess no time really is. *crooked grin* Good luck with the move!