Always wanted to run a Samanayr event? Now's your chance!

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Always wanted to run a Samanayr event? Now's your chance!

Post by Sushidragon »

There's been some user-run games happening on the forums lately, which has been making me very happy :D When Baby Sushi arrives in October, I'm anticipating not having much/any time to get anything Samanayr-related done, and I'll be looking to you guys to help keep things going while I'm on hiatus.

Next month is also going to be pretty busy for me. Mr Sushi and I are heading out on June 5th (wedding time!) and we won't be back until the 15th. So, in the meantime, I'm hoping to find a person or two to run events while I'm away :D Have an idea for an event that you've always wanted to run? Now's your chance!

Prizes can be anything from customs to premade Sams to pets to items, although I tend to save the bigger prizes (eg Sams of rarer species, customs) for events that require some more effort on the part of the participants. Smaller things like items and pets work well for live or fast games. Prizes would all be put up by me, unless you really want to get rid of some of your items XD

I'll pick an event or two to be run while I'm away in June from those that are submitted. If your event isn't picked this time, I might get in touch sometime in the future to ask if you'd be interested in running it then!

If you're interested in running an event next month, please either post or PM me the following form:

Please describe your event:
How long would it run for?
What kind of prizes would you like to offer?
What would you like in exchange for running the event?
Barring any unforseen circumstances, would you be able to run it sometime between June 5 and June 15?

I'll leave this open for a couple of days. Thanks for your interest!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Pathos
Mystic
Mystic

Re: Always wanted to run a Samanayr event? Now's your chance

Post by Pathos »

Please describe your event: Pick a Door!
How long would it run for? Until all doors are taken (probably not that long considering this is a Sam event!)
What kind of prizes would you like to offer? Modiems, maybe a Sam as a grand prize?
What would you like in exchange for running the event? Maybe a custom Sam?
Barring any unforseen circumstances, would you be able to run it sometime between June 5 and June 15? Yes!
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

-puffs out cheeks at Sushi- |D I must. I cannot help myself. ACK.

Please describe your event:
Races! 8D FWEEE!
How long would it run for? Sign-ups would go for 3 days, and then the races would each probably take an hour or so to run themselves. And I'd do at least three separate runs.
What kind of prizes would you like to offer?
I'd love to be able to offer three semi-custom Sams or pets as the main prizes, but premades are just as awesome. :3 And then items (I'd love to have a custom item as the 2nd place prize) for the 2nd/3rd places.
What would you like in exchange for running the event?
|D Anything! I would definitely just do it for the fun.
Barring any unforseen circumstances, would you be able to run it sometime between June 5 and June 15?
Yup. :D

... Evil temptress person you. XD
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Please describe your event: Pictionary. I was thinking I would create a simple picture like in pictionary and people have to guess what I am trying to draw. I was thinking every 15min or so I would post up the image in progress with one more completed brushstroke than the last image. Whoever guesses the correct image wins.
How long would it run for? Until the image is guessed. Maybe an hour, possibly more depending on how many rounds are played, and how good people are at guessing/I am at portraying the image.
What kind of prizes would you like to offer? Maybe some premade pets or Samanayrs as main prizes, possibly a few items to give as fun prizes such as funniest guess, first guess, etc.
What would you like in exchange for running the event? Whatever, :D Samanayr events are fun to run! XD
Barring any unforeseen circumstances, would you be able to run it sometime between June 5 and June 15? I'm not quite so sure. I am heading home on the 9th :D and I don't quite know what is being planned for while I'm home yet. I would be able to hold an event before the 9th for sure though.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Thanks so much for the posted and PMed applications :D I'll take a look through all of them today and get in touch!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Math
Life without Sams is like Life without Air... It's Not Possible!

Post by Math »

Next time you do this Sushi, I'd love to volunteer! :D
ImageImage