Thoughts on pricing...

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Pristine
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Thoughts on pricing...

Post by Pristine »

Hey folks :)

I've done a few guest artist Sams and I believe I've only "cashed in" (so to speak) one of my repayment Sams, because I'm slow about these things; I'm always much more interested in drawing Sams for others. XD

Being that I've got a big vacation planned in July and no job to provide income for it, I've been considering selling one of these repayment Sams, per the rules Sushi has set forth. These include that the Sam's species can only be common through rare, the traits may only be from common to very rare, and I must set a flat price for the Sam from the beginning (i.e. no auctioning). Because of this latter part, it's very important I come up with a fair-but-profitable price from the beginning.

Here are examples of the Sams I have done in the past:

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Keeping the above rules in mind, what sort of traits and species would you like to see for this Sam?

I have considered making the Sam animated (Sushi has okayed this), and I may even make a baby form (if it's all right with Sushi, if that's appealing). So the big question... how much do you think you would pay for a Sam with such rarity/traits/an animation/a baby form? Anything from a single price to a general price range would be helpful. Obviously no promises on what the final price would be, I'm just here to gauge interest (especially to see if the animation and baby forms would be at all worth more payment, as they'd obviously be more work).

Thanks for your help :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Re: Thoughts on pricing...

Post by Echos »

Can I just say I would love to buy one of your slots when/if they are available with the animation and baby. As for pricing I'd say $35 - $45 for an unanimated adult. I'd add another $10 for animation and $5 for the foal.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage