Which pairings are you considering?

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Which pairings are you considering?

Post by Jennalyn »

When the next breeding round rolls around sometime very soon, there are tons of new pairs (and awesome old ones) to tempt the masses. Who are you guys planning to try with? Or who are you trying to choose between?

I'm curious and nosy! :lol:

It may also be a good time to start asking for permissions. Hehe! If anyone would like to use any of mine, please feel free to ask. There are only a very few I'll decline. And Healer's still open! I'd love to see what sort of menfolk she attracts.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Re: Which pairings are you considering?

Post by Seren »

I'm planning to get either an Elemental or Misery, but I'm not sure... I could also go for twins...

But I'm going to stick with the Samanayrs I actually own! I'm trying to decide between:

Eve and Misery (Either a Misery, Elemental, or Twins)

Dive and Veil (Elemental or Twins)

Essence and Yearning (Twins)

Can anyone help me decide? XD Or any input? I'm not sure.... at all...

What about you Jenn? you have such a range to pick from!
Last edited by Seren on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature under construction!
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Oh man, I'd like to throw my vote in for a Water or Air Elemental out of Dive and Veil. I think that would be soooo awesome. Not that the others wouldn't, a'course! That just has me making all sorts of grabby-hands. xD

As for myself... aaaaargh, it's always hard. Here are my current contenders from my own Sams (currently Songs without foals because heck yeah I'm taking advantage of that):

Survey & Tick for awesome Steampunky goodness and natural tones, and also to use my kickbutt armor item that's just been sitting around
Image Image

Spike & Drought for Desert delight and spikey goodness... and also probably using the armor item xD
Image Image
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

I don't know if I want to keep trying to get a Flare and Jewel twin set (which requires me to...not go for paid slots like I have the past few times...)
Image Image

Or if I want to go ahead and send Healer over to meet Searing.
Image Image

But I'm trying not to look too hard at other pairs because I don't want to wind up with half a dozen or more choices...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Oooo I would love to see a baby from Survey and Tick! And of Seren's three pairs my vote goes for Essence and Yearning, but I've got a thing for northerns ^_^

I... really don't know what to do myself.

I've been eyeing Steam of the Boiling Geyser and Dance of the Autumn Fields for like... ever. I love their simplicity and I adore Dance's spotties. If I bred these two I'd probably do twins and use one of my heart chocolates.

Image Image

Also on my list are Trace and Dust because.... d'awww!

Image Image

Of my own Sams, I'm considering Burble with Sweet (imagine mini and pudgy together)

Image Image

Or Warden and Vigil

Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Gotta agree with amazon on the Survey and Tick.... I'd love to see steam-punked out babies. Especially with armor!

Origami, you have a hard choice there. XD I'm guessing Healer is going to have to find a way to pacify Ms. Hiss, but they'd have adorable Desert foals!

and amazon, I think you have some adorable pairs there, but your Warden is just too fluffy to ignore, and I have to say I vote for her and Vigil. XD

Thanks for your guy's input! I have alot of thinking to do!
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

I've seriously been wanting to use the armor. Its description is just so intriguing! And with its component, it would be really perfect for a Steampunk'd Sam.

"Copper Scrap, Beetle Shells, and Leather Strips make a Carapace Armor Kit (helmet and leg guards)"

I also have a Heart Chocolate to use, which would be super fun no matter the outcome. All of its results are rather appealing.

Ori, I must say that I'm starstruck by the possibility of Healer and Searing's foal. That would just be so, so lovely. <3

Amazon, I vote for either Steam and Dance (because oh yes, I would love to see some foals from that pair... such simple, pretty autumn colors, and they've been waiting quite some time) or Warden & Vigil (because of fluffy, fluffy delight).
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

I wouldn't know where to begin on narrowing any of those down, because really they all look cute... fluffies and deserts and aquatic things XD they all catch my eye!

Now, I know which ones I'm going to try for whenever the next Breeding Season comes around, which would be
Pride of the Misguided Arrow and Rustle of the Willows Tears
And I'm definitely going to try and go for a water elemental baby for them.... Cause that's just adorable and great and so on and so forth XD

And maybe, once I get that down, I want to try and get a little babe from
Veil of the Moonstone Cove and Erosion of the Wind-swept Gem
Because they... the possibilities I suppose XD XD

I think though, that I'd give the doggie mimics a rest fer now *nod* of course... the future, who knows XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Those two... many hearts. Yes, a Water Elemental would be so perfect coming from the pair of them. :D

I may end up adding one to my potential pair selection if things happen as I think they might, but I won't know for at least a few days.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Oh man, where to start *eyes her herd* Gonna be image heavy!

ImageImage or Image
Mystic of the Mysterious Rhythms x Mystic of Forgotten Ripples or Aurora of the Spirit's Dance

ImageImage or Image
Mystic of the Flame's Embrace x Glimmer of Tranquil Peace or Whisper of the Earthbound Parakeet

ImageImage
Peace of the Ancient Forest x Mystic of the Healing Earth

ImageImage
Sunset of the Ancient Canyon x Lash of Summer's Flame

ImageImage or Image
Steam of the Boiling Geyser x Dancer of the Autumn Fields or Creeping of the Mossy Stone

*eyes her various modiems and cookies/chocolates* MysteriousRhythms has a triplet amulet on too >>
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

If I can manage to snag a custom slot I'd love to apply with Mystic and the stallion I've got in mind for her.

If not probably one of these pairs. Maybe with a modiem or two thrown in.

Image x Image

Image x Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Raitalle
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Raitalle »

Seren and SilverDapples, I definitely support any breedings with Veil you want to do :P

I'll probably try again for the pair I tried with last time:

Image and Image

I think with a christmas tree cookie? Can someone remind me what the christmas tree cookies and heart chocolates do, I'm always forgetting >.>
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Raitalle wrote:Can someone remind me what the christmas tree cookies and heart chocolates do, I'm always forgetting >.>
Info is from the items page LINK

Christmas Tree Cookie :When used in a breeding, the foal(s) will receive one of these traits, determined randomly: feathered wings (single, double, or seraphim), antlers, fluffy, extended foot-tufts, perennial growth (pine)

Heart Chocolates :When used in a breeding, the foal(s) will receive one of these traits, determined randomly: rainbow-colored scales, white feathered wings, brown solid hooves, dark brown/black thick horns, white, brown, and black fancy feathers

Ooo Crisp and Plumage would be amazing to see... so much feathery floof!

Echos I just love the second pair, they're so elegant.

Lv you have quite a bevy of beauties there.... I don't know how you'll be able to pick! Personally I'd love to see Peace and Mystic though... she's one of my all time favorites and he's just so adorable.

It'd be interesting to see a water ele coming from Pride and Rustle, she's such a lovely and flowing lady.

And I just made my decision for breeding season easier, by knocking off one potential pair. I was too antsy to wait and went ahead and redeemed my breeding token for a Warden baby ^_^
Image Image Image Image Image
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

Oh Jenna and Amazon... keke XD Rustle is like... my pride! (no... real... pun intended.. *snorts into hands*) Cause she's just so cute and ngh! XD

Water elemental foal ideas already popping into the head XD I swear, if not this time, then next time, there will be a foal *hand shake to the sky*

Sorry that was weird, I'm happy about finished homework... XD

And now personally I like all the first pairs to every one of those 3 selections, though make me choose and I would NOT be able to XD

As for Raitalle >3> hehe I see what you did there. Seriously though, XD determined for foalies with them too XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

*coughs* I am totally not even more excited than Pride for water elemental babies. You wouldn't think of a Water Elemental for them normally, but she'll be so cute! *snort* kelp.... XD lilies...

Lv, I love the top two songs, I totally vote for a foal from one of these! (I love love love the color schemes to the top three, they'd have beautiful foals!)

Urgh....Echoes.... that's such a hard choice... I love the idea of a desert foal with a possible unicorn horn, but the top pair is great too...

and Raitalle, kek, feathery bundles of poof, a Christmas tree cookie would go great with that!

I am definitely thinking of Dive and Veil for this round.... probably an air elemental?
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

I know Seren - great trait combos verse bright colors. It's so hard to choose.

I think I'd probably go with with Shroud cause I really, really want to see a foal from her. Maybe throw in some modiem but again I have no idea what I'd want to use. I don't think I'd mess with species but that about all I've decided on.

A trait and color modiem might be fun. And if there was a way to guarantee glacies with the candy cane cookie I'd totally use that just for the amusement of a icy foal from a desert sam XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

It's Fathom and Lagoon for me again. :) With two breeding modiems, I think. She's a little miffed that as lead mare she's the only one without foals. Not for lack of trying, but still. So she's going whole hog for twins! XD
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Pristine
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Pristine »

LvSoulFriend wrote:ImageImage
Peace of the Ancient Forest x Mystic of the Healing Earth
If you do decide to go with this pair, let me know; I have breeding modiems, I would really love twins out of them :B You know I've loved Mystic since I first saw her (something about her pose is just amazing), the only reason I've been waiting on breeding is because Peace has had so many other children XD

I was actually sharing some of my ideas with Jennalyn earlier this week (and she's been helping me round up all of my Sams >.>)... I've been trying to find Songs that haven't had any kids yet! I think these are my top three choices, though I'm leaning heavily toward Illustrated Flight, despite them being a new Song, just because I love Sa'grisayrs and I know the babies would be SO squee-worthy...!

ImageImage
Song of the Illustrated Flight

ImageImage
Song of the Royally Rotund (I'd probably see about using a color modiem to try to remove some of Cascade's colors, if possible; I like Stars' Aurora Borealis coloring, I'd like to keep the foals more like that)

ImageImage
Song of the Sterling Brilliance (I'd probably either use a set of species or trait modiems... maybe even throw in my heart chocolates, hmm..!)

I will be doing some crazy coin-flipping come breeding season XD
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

D:
It's so hard to decide...
Nightfall and Pyre rate pretty highly on my list because of the OMGEPICness of it all.
ImageImage

But I'd also really like to pair Frenzy with a healer... Because, it fits his personality really well. >3> That's if I could secure one, of course. *chuckles* I'd likely use my Candy Cane as well.
Image with Image or Image

But then, Shattered Reflections has been waiting on their first foal for ages. X3
I dunno, and with any of them I'd probably try for twins with modiems, because it is nice to share the love. <33
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Pathos
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Pathos »

I'm so excited for breeding season!

I'm thinking of trying with (partners permitting):

Pinion and Spirit
ImagexImage

or maybe my own Treader/Outcast offspring
ImagexImage

or perhaps another Plume baby? I do love him so ;D
ImagexImage(+ Ghost Clip!)

It's so hard to choose just one pair!
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Oh man, Lv, a foal from Mystic and Whisper would be the most adorable earthy-colorful thing. And I do someday hope for Steam to produce a foal. He'd be such a cheerful papa. xD

Echos, your gray babies are the /prettiest things/. I adore them as a couple so hard.

Raitalle, it would be oddly appropriate to combine a stallion who resembled a pine tree and with a feathery red mare for a Christmas-colored baby and then use the Christmas Tree Cookie!

Poor Lagoon, no bebe to claim as her own... yet. I hope she knows what she's in for! xD

Squeeful dances at Pristine's pairs. Grisayr babies would be INSANELY and beautifully colorful out of those two. Especially with that big ol' butt on her and his glorious ears. :D But then... there's Stream... and I am such a fain of their spotty-legged pairing. <3

PYRE-BABY! She's such a beauty and her stallion is terrifyingly handsome, so only good things could result from this. x3 And though I wouldn't say no to Frenzy if he wanted to breed with my Healer, I honestly think the foal would be prettier if he went with Yuiven's lady. Their colors are just a lot more complimentary. (I suppose part of it too might be what he needs help working through - has he surrendered his hope for the future? Or has his life effectively been ruined and he's trying to struggle forward? Similar but subtly different.)

Pathos, whichever way you go, youre in for a world of color. :D (And speaking of color, someday I'm going to have to beg you on bent knee for a foal from Tyger. Gah. I've admired him from the moment he appeared. Hits so many happy buttons. <3)

Does anyone have any of their plans more firmed up since they last posted, what with the season looming?
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

I think I've pretty well decided that I'm going to stick with Flare and Jewel for breeding seasons and save Healer and Searing for either a custom slot or breeding token for storyline purposes. For a pair in a Song together trying repeatedly makes sense. But for a wandering Healer I think I'll go with first try = baby options. Especially with my dear Hiss and Searing being involved... If after helping Hiss out, Healer wants to try for a foal, I don't think either would object, but if she had to keep trying...not sure anyone involved there would be quite so pleased with it.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Oh decisions decisions.... I'm out for twins with two breeding modiums which makes this decision even harder.

Well I've always wanted a foal from these two.

ImageImage

Then there is of course my stunning boy and ANY of his lovely mares... Or even possibly a healer.

And lastly I'm thinking of my using one of my heart chocolates with these guys.

ImageImage
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Well, with Sushi's news about the bonus to foalless songs, I've got some different ones that I'm debating between now XD Will just link to the database song page, cause there's a bunch >> Starting with the ones with Mystics in them and having no foals XD

- Mystic of the Flame's Embrace x Whisper of the Earthbound Parakeet - Song of the Quiet Embrace - Would probably use a chocolate hearts on them

- Mist of the Rising Sea x any of the mares - Song of the Divine Fate

- Spring of Soft Breezes x Journey of the Jeweled Plain - Song of the Springtime Haven

- Scorch of the Burning Winds x Mist/Mystic/Passage - Song of the Mysterious Winds - Tempted to get permission for Passage, cause both Scorch and Passage have Oqueisa pets XD

- Trace of the Copper Horizon x Mystic of the Summer Foliage - Song of the Horned Lark - Would probably use species modiems to guarantee Mystic passing on, and keep fingers crossed for a filly >>

- Mystic of the Mysterious Rhythms x Mystic of Forgotten Ripples - Song of the Forgotten Rhythms

And now for those without Mystics/with Mystics and with foals:

- Sunset of the Ancient Canyon x Lash of Summer's Flame - Song of the Primeval Inheritance

- Steam of the Boiling Geyser x Creeping of the Mossy Stone - Song of the Autumn Foliage - Love Creeping's hair

- Peace of the Ancient Forest x Mystic of the Healing Earth - Song of the Renewed Woodlands

- Clamor of the Resolute Defender x any of the mares - Song of the Sanctuary's Call

I've got a chocolate heart, candy cane cookie, christmas tree cookie, and several different modiems >>

Help! XD That's 10 pairs I have to decide between >>
HybridSiren
The Resident Linkin Park Fangirl
Favorite Sam species: Illiayr

Post by HybridSiren »

I'unno, put without having to ask for anyone else, I guess I would want to try breeding some of my own pairs.. I'd be interested in getting an illiayr or an elemental, but I don't have the right modiems for that. :/ Though, I'll have to look if there's an open songs with either..

I don't really plan on using an modiems if I used any of these..
Image x Image

Image x Image

Image x Image

I wanna breed something from Song of the Sapphire Skies.. It's just all the mares are awesome. >_>;
[he/they]
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage