Swamp Squelch

Ready, set, go!
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Re: Swamp Squelch

Post by amazondreamer »

Seeing her fellow racers pushing their way through a tangled mass of vines Mystic slows down slightly and approaches the vines at a normal pace.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Passion approaches the vines making sure to stop. He takes his time, easy going, to tuck in his wings and slowly move through the vines. He was not going to tatter his wings, though his great granddam, Depths was beautiful...her torn wings always made him want to cry. He pushes through as best he can, determined not to be left behind.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Post by Seren »

The vines were difficult- but he couldn't slow right now! He had passed the first obstacle, he could continue this pace at least until the next one. His ears were perked forward as he cantered forward, tail waving still, as he continued to run real hard.
Signature under construction!
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((Stalk's a mare.))

And suddenly...snares! Snares everywhere! Stalk panicked slightly as the first vine loops tightened around her horns, leaves brushing over the bone mask and obscuring her vision. Snorting and rearing slightly she lashed out, scythe claws slashing effortlessly if pointlessly through a lower level of vines. It took a few minutes before she realized that these were only vines, much like she'd seen in forests before. They were not reaching for her, they were not traps set for her, they were just vines and she had run into them. They still had to be cut to pieces. Once she stopped struggling the vines weren't really so tight around her, but she was wedged in good. Reluctantly she set about her with her claws to cut a path. After this she was going to have to go easy for a little while. Cutting a path was tough, and her nerves were more than a little rattled now.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

Delighted by the fact that her horns didn't manage to snare onto the vines, she quickly continues at a hard pace. She glances around, noticing Pride and almost squealing happily in recognition. This was definitely a Samanayr she could prank whence all this racing madness was over. She also noticed that they were in the lead... That was a new one! Erosion nearly giggled - or at least tried to, past her deep and quick breaths, her tan and flecked tail whipping and whisking all about behind her and her massive leaps.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

Vines! It was only a matter of time before the swamp turned on her, she thinks. Sentinel's spectral wings are in no danger of getting caught, but she tucks them in anyway and lowers her head to continue her normal pace through the unruly vegetation.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

((I'm so sorry Stalk... can you forgive me?))

Erosion's slight distraction after the patch of vines costs her as the second obstacle comes around. A thick sinkhole stretches across the racer's paths threatening to suck the Samanayrs deep into the swamp. Both Mystics and Whip stand right before the vines, preparing themselves for the obstacle in front of them. Frenzy stands in front of the sinkhole, ready to attempt it in the next round.

LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

((Did they make it through the vines, or haven't made it through yet?))
tbiris
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by tbiris »

It seemed like the vines didn't prove themselves too troublesome. She spotted the sinkhole as a few of the others waded through it. Refrain's wings fluttered by her sides, perhaps the fins would actually come in use. She kept up her normal pace, preparing for the dive in.
oakleafwolf
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Lamanayr!

Post by oakleafwolf »

Mystic of the Soothing Sands lashes angrily at the obstacle. He'd been so sure he'd get through unscathed... Nothing for it now, he'd have to risk continuing his normal pace if he'll have a hope of gaining ground.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

((I think she was too freaked by vines to notice being called a stallion. I had to go double check to make sure I hadn't confused myself all this time about her gender too.))

Sharp claws made short work of the vines and easily cut a path through the patch and Stalk was clear in less time than it had taken to work out her panic. But all too soon she saw others ahead begin to flounder and struggle with a new patch of ground. Snorting uneasily she hesitantly approached, taking it slow and easy still as the footing became more uncertain. Just what exactly were the others finding up there?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

@Lv - not quite, they are just in front/preparing to go through the obstacle. They aren't stuck, they are just on that space and will have to pass the obstacle this turn.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Pride was beginning to feel the burn in his legs, and his throat was raw, but the call of glory and recognition- his name, pride- ushered him forward. He flew straight through the obstacles so far, like an arrow shot from a bow. He'd keep going hard- he'd get a good head start, then slow, maybe.
amazondreamer
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Northern Aquatic

Post by amazondreamer »

Vines! Vines everywhere! Mystic of the Sheltering Morass threaded her way carefully through the vines. One particularly stout vine tangled around the mare's left foreleg. She tugged and strained, working her way through at a normal pace.
Image Image Image Image Image
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

((Gotcha! Thanks! :D))

Whip snorted as the vines slithered over his back, using his claws to cut them apart at the bottom. Vines could be very helpful things, if they were kept tidy. This was just a tangled mess!

Ahead he could hear the sounds of another group encountering what appeared to be the second obstacle. Snorting, he continued with his easy pace. He had no wish to cut himself with his claws!
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

The sinkholes caught her by surprise, and Erosion had to slow it down quickly into an easy pace. Maybe her large hooves and life in the desert help ease over, through and out of this obstacle. Well, that was the plan, and she hoped it would work. Erosion tucked in her head a bit, trying to plod over and through the sinkhole, only trying to get out of it for now. She still had to catch up with that silly leafy friend of hers before it was too late!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jaes
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: northern tribal

Post by Jaes »

With her clawed paws, Sentinel is able to scramble through the veins. Of course, she thinks to herself triumphantly. Would the lead mare to Crack of the Twisting Bonfire be anything other than amazing? But - although she barely admits it to herself - the obstacle has taken some energy out of her, and she struggles to keep her normal pace.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

((I think we may have lost RikkuGirl... I'll wait just a little bit longer before we continue on)))
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

((Gotta head to bed.... getting up at 5:30 to catch a plane! I'm happy to spend the rest of time being "normal" for Pride. XD Good luck to all!)
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

NORMAL!

sorry i was driving :/
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Pride blasts through the course, but his hard run proves his downfall as he comes across the last obstacle, a section of rotting logs. One wrong step and the logs crumble beneath one's feet. Frenzy and Passion both run into a little trouble in the sinkhole, and Refrain pauses just in front of the sinkhole ready to face it on the next turn.

((goodnight Seren, thanks for letting me know! Drive safely Rikku!))
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

((I'll be running Whip at normal form now on, getting too sleepy to continue to rp XD

Thanks so much for running this!))
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Shaking the last of the gloopy, clinging mud from the sinkholes off of her claws Stalk snorted and pranced momentarily. Her earlier fright was turning into nervous energy, but she was still wary about the swamp after those vines. Tossing her head she debated, then picked up the pace slightly to a normal lope.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tbiris
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by tbiris »

She could do this, she just had to keep her pace and then she could speed up. It did seem like others were slowing ahead, so maybe she could still make it. The main thing was not to panic like before and hope that her wings would help her out of the mud hole. Keeping slightly calm, Refrain continued at her normal pace.
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery

Post by SilverDapples »

Erosion, thrilled with making it over the sinkhole quickly, raced forward hard and fast. She was eager to get this finished, her tail zipping around behind her. Be it what it may, she had to try and make up for the sinkhole 'setback'.