Any sewers?

Talk about anything you want here.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Any sewers?

Post by Sushidragon »

I've always wanted to learn how to sew so that I could make cute little stuffed things XD While I was visiting Lakotawolf, she taught me the basics, and now I'm trying to get sewing on my own. I started off with an onigiri pattern from DA - it's a great pattern because if I mess up the stuffing hole, the seaweed covers it up XD It's also fun to give them different expressions and, in the most recent one, different things like wings.

Pattern - http://kezzi-rose.deviantart.com/art/On ... l-88137465

If there's any other sewers here, I'd love to see the kinds of things you make :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Re: Any sewers?

Post by LvSoulFriend »

I've made some model horse tack, but sadly all my pics are on my desktop XD I'll have to see if I can find them and take more pics later :D
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Oooh, I bet that's really tiny XD I'd love to see photos later!
Image Image

Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

No, I stink. I've been meaning to fix this pants because the buttons broke off (they are too long, and the pants have buttons on the cuff because they are the cargo button-y pants) but I haven't. I usually ship my ripped stuff to my grandma. I really want to learn though so I can be more self-sufficient!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

awww, those stuffed sushis are soo cute! I wish I could sew, but when I help my mom, I usually end up sitting and watching instead of actually helping.
sera
Mystic
Mystic

Post by sera »

i have dabbled in sewing. . . Enough to make cat ears, at least. Ginormous cat ears. xD; i love them so. Sadly, i'm not sure where they got stuff after that Con in Japan. . . <<;; All of my pictures are on. . . some computer i think i no longer have or has stopped working. ;__; i would love to actually sew more, though. hehe

i adore that winged sushi. xD; Very win!
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

And as promised, here's the pics that I just took of the model horse tack that I made, starting in 2003, and the latest was at most two years ago XD Probably earlier than that though! Just haven't had time, mostly cause I was in college XD Most are pretty bad too! I am hoping to start working on tack and models again though, hopefully soon!

(Very first tack I made, ever XD Obvious stitching FTW!)

(Dog blanket, foal blanket, Stablemate Appaloosa mold blanket, and two adult blankets, modeled by three of my Grand Champions, a flocked Barbie doll, and one of my favorite Stablemates, who the blanket was made for XD)

(Saddle blanket, with a strap to connect it to the girth band, and a bridle. They were made for a different model horse, so the bridle is quite tight on the horse's head XD Whoops!)

(The first Breyer I customized, ever. Arabian style halter, and blanket.)

(First authentic saddle I made, still a WIP XD No girth strap, and the left stirrup leather is too long XD Yes, those are my fingers in there XD)

(Second authentic saddle I made, also still a WIP XD No stirrups, but it has a girth strap! I tried to make a fancier saddle, hence the green leather. Not, it's not real lizard skin, or alligator skin. At least, I'm fairly certain it's not XD)

And those are all I got XD All are hand sewn, btw. I'm not good with sewing machines >> They don't like me, and try to eat me, I swear. I'm also working on a knotted blanket, or throw, not sure which yet, but the cat decided it made a nice place to use for a bathroom *glares at him* So that's in the wash XD
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Britain, Ogre, and I do sewing projects together. I make the pattern/cut & pin fabric while Ogre and Brit sew it up. Most of our stuff is for our BJD's.

This has to be the most difficult of our sewing projects. All the fabric after being cut had to be heat-sealed to keep from fraying. The kimono did turn out beautiful though. The colors are so vibrant that the photo does it no justice.

The hoodie was a success on it's first try, as was the black turtleneck.

The edges were not finished on the coat. >_o

Lace isn't too bad to work with so long as you go over it a few times. Satin however is a headache and you must use fray check or melt the edges on it.

Pants are a pain in the ass to do. This is however the best pair of pants we've made to date. I am really proud of how they came out.

http://starbutterfly.deviantart.com/gallery/#Green-Wind - This is 7 different kimonos made in one day for one photo shoot. Each had it's own pattern as all the dolls had different needs. I think there was only one pattern I reused.
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

Those saddles are amazing!

Your stuff reminds me of what my sister makes, Sushi. She does little felt things for people all the time.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

wow LvSoulFriend, those saddles are so tiny and amazing! You even have little buckles and stuff! Mini things are so cool.

Those mini clothes are pretty cool too!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

@LvSoulFriend - Awwww, your stuff is adorable! I love the teeny tiny tack and saddles :D It looks like a ton of detail goes into those saddles, too. And I love the little blankets too XD

@Orasteele - Oooh very cool :D So much tiny little clothing, and it looks like it all fits perfectly! The first kimono is my favorite, I love the cut and pattern.

I've been sewing up a storm the past few days, now I have a whole onigiri family, a flander, and a bright marshmallow pincushion XD

Image Image

Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

Cute stuff!!! I once wanted to make plush Verlashi, but after I got the fabric I just never got around to sewing it. >_o
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Tervenna »

I don't think I have any pictures right now, but I do sew - some stuffed animals, some doll clothes, some real clothes

I have done some of the model horse tack, but most of the blankets and such I have made are crocheted, not sewn >.>

I have crocheted many, many stuffed animals as well, and I am pretty good at "improvising" a pattern, if I don't actually have one or can't find one I like.

Also - Orasteele? Do you have any patterns available for any of those lovely designs? I recently got my first BJD, and I have been wanting to make her some nice things, other than crochet, that is :D
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

I'll see If I can scan them and send them to you! What type of BJD do you have and what's the size? I have patterns for MSD, SD-13 - the only thing is that CP dolls tend to have wider hips than every other doll company so I have different patterns for them. XD
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Tervenna »

She's a Luts, senior delf size - I think that is similar to the SD13 size

Senior Delf Dahlia, if you are familiar with them

I love the kimono on the first doll!
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

Beautiful Doll! I'm still waiting on my first female doll to arrive. The Shiwoo in the first picture is my cross dresser. ^_^;

As for patterns here's a few links that may be of use. We got the original kimono pattern (unadjusted/scaled) from Undead Threads which seems to have changed to Twilight Arms. As far as I can tell the links currently do not work, so I'll scan our pattern for you. Of course Den of Angels is a great resource! Brit's rather active on that forum compared to me and my lurker ways.

Once you get your first doll you are addicted...very similar to Sams. XD!

Free BJD patterns:
http://www.dolldazzle.com/Links.htm#Free

In the house we have:

Luts CP Shiwoo (Mine)
Luts CP Yder (Britain)
Luts CP Breakaway (Ogre)
DOD Homme Ducan (Ogre)
DOD Homme Kirill (Mine)
DOD Tender Too & Bee-a (Ogre & Britain)
B&G Sky (Britain)
Dollzone Floy (Ogre)
Dollzone Tan Yuu (Mine)
Dollzone Leo (Ogre)
Soom Amber (Mine - whenever she gets here!)
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Tervenna »

O.O

You snagged an Amber?! *jealous* She was the first Soom I found, but I couldn't afford her XD

And I already snagged a second >.> One of the Luts Zuzu delf Lios, the eastern (sushi) chef. I am so very tempted by a couple of the current wolf-style zuzu delfs, but I can't really justify the cost right now XD

Thank you for the link! I will go check them out now, and I look forward to seeing the scanned pattern!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

awww, a happy sushi family! I love the fishy!!!
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Wow, you guys are amazing!

I haven't sewed in years, I think the last thing I did was a cross-stitch thing for my mom as a present. I crochet a bit, and I'm teaching myself to knit so that someday I can make my own socks.. but I think that day is far off yet!
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
SunBlind
Mystic
Mystic

Post by SunBlind »

*stares at all the tiny things people made with a thread and needle*

Orasteele those are indeed awesome pants. LvSoulFriend...such teeny tiny saddles!

Wow. I used to do an after school activity in elementary school where we would learn different stitches. I made a pink elephant that had a little mouth under the trunk where kids could put their lost teeth for the tooth fairy to pick up ^_^ A monkey pillow...a frog bean bag, a little yellow turtle bean bag...and some other stuff including chicken finger puppets 0.0;

In high school we had to learn to use a sewing machine, as I didn't want to make clothes for myself (most people made shorts) I made a mouse with posable arms, though the tail keeps opening up exposing the pipecleaner inside :P And then I made her a frilly dress *g*

Haven't done any sewing in years though. I wouldn't mind doing some kind of needlepoint though.
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

Oh yes, sewing is fun. I've been sewing since I was little; my mom thought it was a passing phase, and now I sew more than she ever did. Lol! Aside from the doll clothes (1/3 and 1/4 human scale) I also occasionally sew Renaisance Festival costumes. Like this one, several years old:

http://fela.deviantart.com/art/You-Look ... ch-2481896

I have a couple more recent, but not online. >.< I love your angel-wing onigiri, Sushi!! So cute!

Tervenna, Dahlia is my fav of the SDelf girls, you're so lucky! <3

*updates Steele's list of dolls*

Luts CP Shiwoo (Steele)
Luts CP Yder (Britain)
DOD Homme Ducan (Ogre)
DOD Homme Kirill (Steele)
DOD Tender Too & Bee-a (Ogre & Britain)
B&G Sky (Britain)
Dollzone Floy (Ogre)
Dollzone Tan Yuu (Steele)
Dollzone Leo (Ogre)
DOT T. Elf Sha (Britain)
CP Tanning El (Ogre)
Soom Amber (Steele- arriving late July)

Floating heads:
Luts CP Breakaway Bloody Valentine mod (Ogre)
DZ Cherry boy (Britain)
CP El-SS mod (Ogre)
CP NaNuRi07 (Britain)

She missed a couple. >_> *cough*
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

So my memory isn't perfect. *shrug* oooh hey! I forgot about that dress.
Math
Life without Sams is like Life without Air... It's Not Possible!

Post by Math »

I can sew, but not all that great. XD
ImageImage
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

I just had to share this guy, since I'm so proud of him XD Phoenix cat! It's my first time trying a more complicated pattern with a bunch of parts, and I'm so happy with how he came out :D

Image Image
Image Image

Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

O_O It's so ADORABLE! *huggles it* XD