*snarls and snaps*

Have a new Song looking for members? Want to trade an item for something else? This is the place to go!
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

*snarls and snaps*

Post by LvSoulFriend »

*grumbles and glares* I'm looking for mares to join me. In a group. I suppose it would be a Song *mutters* Pink, purple, and frilly type mares need not apply. Only those tough enough to live on the edge should approach *lashes tail dangerously* If a Mystic thinks they can deal with me, well then they're welcome to approach *evil grin*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Whip so politely stated *coughs*, he's looking to start a Song. Mares with horns, spurs, armor, or scales are more than welcome to approach, those with wings are not as welcome. They can still apply, but those with draconic wings will be more welcome than feathered wings. Faery wings should probably not bother >> He's liable to pounce and try to eat them.

Whip is a rather nasty stallion, prone to fits of temper and tail lashing. Which can be dangerous, as he has a poison-tipped tail. Those that can deal with this, feel free to reply! RP is not needed, but it is very welcomed. Mystics wil definitely have to RP. Not that I'm expecting any to. Seeing how he's got a lovely personality *dodges a kick* Enjoy!
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Re: *snarls and snaps*

Post by Harroway »

(Oath is gonna hate me for this! XD)

The morning was quiet and the trees swayed in the sweet breeze as Oath trotted over rocks and dirt to get to where she was going. In all honesty, she didn't really have a destination - just a path. She'd recently left her birth Song in order to strike it out in the wider world, and she'd heard all about some Rainbow Hotsprings that were supposedly nearby. The mare had no idea where she was going, but the journey was fascinating. She was kind to everyone she met and thus far, enjoyed the brief company. Oath looked up as a pair of birds swung to and fro on the breeze through the branches overhead and sighed happily. She loved mornings, the sun and wind in her hair. A perfect morning!

Coming to a particularly high outcropping of rocks, the mare looked down and gingerly began stepping on the pseudo-staircase of rocks below. She decided not to use her wings and get used to walking on the ground. She'd found that there were others that possessed no wings at all, and how unfair would that be that she could fly above them whenever she wanted? So she chose to walk, and to enjoy the sights she wouldn't normally see if she were so high up. Daydreaming, she misjudged a step and tumbled forward, head in the dirt and covered in leaves. The mare stood and began to shake herself clean. How embarrassing! she thought, and looked around to see if anyone else had witnessed her little spill.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Whip had been napping during the daytime heat in his stone cave, hidden beneath rocks that remarkably looked like a staircase. Keen ears twitched as he heard the sound of hooves cautiously navigating the steps. He had often made use of them himself, to gain access to the upper plains and lower jungles. Waking, his lips parted into a smile as he heard the creature trip and fall. Rising, he slipped to the opening, cleverly hidden by vines, and poked his head through.

A Samanayr! He had not seem one of them in ages. Eyes narrowed, he took in the bright colorings of the creature, noticing the wings. Breathing in deep, he detected a daintier smell than the others he had met, and his mind processed it, while he gauged distances, tail whipping behind him. Suddenly, he realized exactly what that smell meant. Mare! He froze, peering closer at the mare in front of him. Green and orange coloring, feathered wings (a sneer decorated his face at them), brown mane and tail, and as her head lifted and looked around, Whip got another shock. Horns! The mare had horns! Maybe she was worthy of being spoken to after all, and not being turned into a meal.

Eyes still narrowed, he spoke. "Noyrmally it's consideyred polite to announce youyrself when you ayrrive at someone's home." Leaving his cave, he easily navigated the stairs, eyes fixed on the mare. Reaching the bottom, he circled around her, tail hanging over his back. "So what should I do with you, hmm? The last creatuyre that tangled with me, did not leave heyre unscathed." Lips widened in a feral smirk.

In the distance, he could hear the trickling of his stream, and his belly rumbled. He'd not eaten yet today, and he was hungry. Not for Samanayr flesh, however. He had a particular fondness for crayfish, and several of those would be quite welcomed right now.
Last edited by LvSoulFriend on Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

(( Oath: *POIT* O_O

*snicker* ))

Oath let loose a startled cry and turned about-face to see who it was that was speaking. It was definitely male and decidedly very unfriendly. She had no idea she's fallen onto the doorstep of someone, let alone this thing! She backed up carefully, trying to put some distance between herself and the stallion. Her eyes widened when she caught sight of his tail, and it made her heart race. Covered in spines, claws and that barbarous tail, Oath thought she might not make it out of this situation alive. The stallion made her absolutely terrified, down to the core of her being. She'd never been in trouble like this before.

This has been the unluckiest fall I've ever had... she thought, and watched him with wide yes.

"I beg youyr payrdon, but I didn't know anyone lived heyre. I didn't mean to... inteyrrupt you." she explained quietly. Maybe if she apologized enough, she could get away cleanly? She knew for a fact that he was a fast runner, given his claws and lean looks. Oath doubted she could fly away fast enough without getting stung. A lump formed in her throat when she thought about what sort of poison could be lurking in that tail of his. The mare knew she couldn't fight him, so she had to talk her way out of this if she could.

"My name is Oath of the Distant Autumn, and I'm just tyraveling thyrough heyre. I was just on my way out..." Unconsciously, she backed up more, eyes darting around for an opening.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Whip barely managed to hide a snicker. Oh, he so did love seeing them cower in fear! His tail did wonders to help with that, he knew. And the mare was practically oozing terror. He breathed deep then, savoring the scent. She kept her wits about her though, that much was certain. And she did have beautiful manners. And a beautiful name. "Hmmm, Oath of the Distant Autumn. Pyretty name. Pyretty manneyrs as well." He paced around her in another circle. "Pyretty looking in addition."

Abruptly he sat, tail no longer held above his back, but curled up behind him. "Apology accepted. I don't get many visitoyrs. Wheyre might you be tyrying to get to, hmmm? Theyre's veyry little in that diyrection, you know. Woyrse things than me live in the foyrest," he nodded to the jungle behind her. In truth, his tail contained only a highly powerful sedative. Very useful in hunting, but not much in fights. Except for knocking out opponents, and then fleeing. One of the many reasons he was out here, and not with the the Sa'kriens he grew up with.

Idly his ear twitched in the direction of the stream. There was grass near it, and various berries as well. "Hungry?" he inquired.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

((sorry a little brain dead this morning so this may not be the best post in the world))

A gentle breeze rippled across the grass that brushed Snaps knees as delicate clusters of seeds broke off and buried themselves into her fur and the ground beneath her hooves. The high plains in this part were pretty at at this time of year, pretty and quiet. Not a sound could be heard except for the crunch of the grass as she walked through it toward the rocky slope that separated the plains from the jungle below. It was a beautiful view, standing there staring at the tops of the lush green trees that filled the landscape with the wind in her face. She would never have been able to see something like this back at her birth song and out here she didn't have to contend with other samanayr-kin.

Jumping down onto a boulder she carefully picked her way down the rocks, little clouds of dust rising with each step and settling into her already grass filled coat. The combination made her coat itch and her mouth uncomfortably dry. Snap could hear water running down below her and it only took her a moment to find the stream when she reached the bottom. Wading into the cool water until it brushed her stomach she let the current pull the dust and grass from her coat before taking a long drink.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Oath let out a delicate, if shaky, sigh of relief when the stallion accepted her apology. She didn't want to jump to any conclusion that he was good at heart or something like that. Oath may have been young, but she didn't trust that kind of obvious conclusion. He was complimenting her too, and she wasn't sure how to take that. Part of her was flattered, and the other part was uneasy. She stood still for a moment, watching him intently. When the stallion finally lowered his tail, Oath felt a little better.

"Woyrse things... than you in the jungle?" she asked quietly, casting a nervous glance behind her shoulder at the greenery. It could hold even more sinister things, she thought, especially if the stallion was telling the truth. She blinked and realized she didn't even know his name. Had he said it? She was too scared a moment ago to think of such a thing, and now he was offering her food. Her stomach gurgled at the thought. "I suppose I am a bit peckish." She dared not come closer to him, not yet, but saw his ears twitching. Was there water nearby? Slowly, she strafed towards the sound, facing him the entire time.

"If we ayre going togetheyr, would you tell me youyr name?"
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Whip cackled mentally. He hadn't missed the sigh of relief she let out when he accepted her apology, nor when he lowered his tail. Funny how it captivated others' attentions. One ear stayed tuned into the stream, while the other was pointed in her direction. He clearly heard her stomach grumbled, and actually chuckled, as his gave out an answering complaint. "Hmm, I suppose a name might be helpful. I am called Whip of the Baleful Hunteyr." He got to his feet then, and stretched, one hind leg at a time, and then both front legs together, tail arching over his back, with the tip barely resting on his shoulders. Shaking out his coat, he turned towards the stream.

"Aye, theyre's woyrse things than me in the jungle. Oquiesas, foyr one. Giant snakes ayre anotheyr. Eat a foal whole, they will." Like they ate that young one growing up, he thought bitterly. "The styream is this way. Theyre's food for both of us theyre." Carefully, he set out along a narrow path, one ear flipped back to keep Oath in hearing, the other one flicking from side to side and forwards, keeping an ear out for any danger. "Follow me, and don't leave the path. Some bugs have a nasty bite."

As he continued along the path, he soon picked up sounds that didn't belong in his territory. Eyes narrowing, he stopped, and turned his head back to Oath. "Stay put, and don't move til I say so, undeyrstand?" With that, he continued on, crouched low to the ground, tail held high in readiness. Something was in his water, and they were in for a nasty surprise. Nearing the stream, he stopped, and peered through the bushes. Abruptly he stood up, tail lashing from side to side. "I suppose you're just passing through as well, and didn't realize that this area belongs to someone, did you?" Whip directed his rant at the mare standing in the stream, getting his water dirty.

Today just didn't seem to be his day for visitors.

((Hee hee, grumpy butt! He just doesn't like surprises XD And, well, he does enjoy terrorizing others a bit *grins* Giant snakes=anacondas FTW!))
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Tervenna »

Fissure of Fractured Ice had been traveling for quite a while, enjoying her wandering existence, and was just beginning to want a change of pace. She hadn't seen any other samanayrs, of any variety, during her travels in the jungle. That didn't truly surprise her; after all, she was a sa'krien, if any of the rare jungle-dwelling sams had seen her, they would likely have stayed far out of her path.

She had spent the night near the edge of the jungle, not far from the stream at the base of an unusual outcropping of stone. Having slept far later than intended, enjoying the warmth of the jungle morning, she woke to the sound of voices. Pricking her ears, she recognized the sound of samanayrs conversing. She poked her head through the bushes veiling her resting place, and saw a winged mare and what seemed to be another sa'krien not too far from the stream.

At the sa'krien's comment, 'Woyrse things than me live in the foyrest', Fissure got a wickedly fun idea. She crept through the undergrowth, slowly angling towards the stream, and waited.
Dragonspyrit
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Dragonspyrit »

((I feel a bit lame posting here without any sort of RP'd response, but it really would be false advertising, so u_u Thorn is a stalwart (and large) mare, not phased by much of anything. She's used to living in inhospitable areas, including those without much company (assuming Whip won't take kindly to many visitors!) and isn't chatty or flighty like some frilly high-maintenance mares!))
Custom Line Art | Image | My PIFF: Click!
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

Oath felt obligated to follow him for many reasons - not the least of which was her own safety. Cautious and nervous, the mare trailed Whip closely, but not too close. That tail of his still looked like it could do serious harm. She kept looking over her shoulders for hidden predators, monstrous insects and heavens knew what other sorts of freakish things that lived in the jungle of her mind. With Whip nearby, she felt some sense of anguished security. One way or another, Oath figured, she may end up hurt, but she wasn't sure from which direction the injury would come. She coughed back a nervous sigh and kept along the trail at Whip's insistence.

When he told her to stop and stay put, she did so, but still kept doing little circles where she stood to keep vigiliance on the surrounding area. She thought she heard Whip speak, but she wasn't sure to whom. She craned her neck to see around in the bushes, but to no avail. "Uhm... Whip? Did you find something?" came Oath's voice through the bushes. She didn't move, but didn't like being alone out here either.

((Sorry about the wait!))
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

(( OOC: May I just say... that you have one potentially awesome Song right here? :D ))
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

((I must agree wholeheartedly with Jenn, this is definately turning out to be one heck of an awesome Song! :D ))
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

Snap's head shot up, ears flattened back even before she spotted the angry stallion who had confronted her. She'd never enjoyed the company of stallions, less so those that were as territorial as this one. It was one of the reasons she never stayed in anyone place for very long, wandering on her own was much easier than dealing with her own kind. This one looked even less pleasant than most what with his red horns and scorpion tail thrashing. Stalking out of the stream she shook the water from her yellow coat and cast a baleful glare at the stallion, "And if I am what do you plan to do about it? I didn't notice any signs claiming the river as yours. If you don't mark your territory than its our own fault if you get unwanted visitors."
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

For once, Whip had no comeback to the yellow mare. She could give as good as she got, apparently. Eyeing her, he called back to Oath, "Aye, I found something. Another mayre, enjoying heyrself in the styream I mentioned. Come on out, it's safe." He spoke to the yellow mare then, "Does your Highness mind if I and my companion have lunch here, or would it disturb you too much?" Without waiting for an answer, he stalked a bit farther away, silently fuming, to settle down by the river, hunting for crayfish. The little crabs were delicious, and having a full belly would help his temper. Or so he hoped.

Unfortunately for him, the bush he had chosen to sit by contained yet another surprise for him, one that he was unaware of. Lying by the stream, parallel to it, he carefully lowered his tail in, using the tip of the stinger to cautiously poke about for crayfish. Hopefully she hasn't scared them all away, he thought, grumbling to himself a bit. While his tail continued to investigate, without a single nibble, he glanced at the yellow mare, examining her furtively.

She was definitely very pretty, with the bright coloring that he admired. And she had horns, another plus in her favor. And a tongue that had a bite to it. Very few that he had met so far would have replied to him as she had. And she hadn't been afraid of him either! Yes, he did indeed admire the yellow mare, and deep down, he wondered what the heck he was thinking.

((Tervenna, feel free to have Fissure pounce him or something XD I can imagine him falling in the stream, lol XD

Jenn & Blue: Ohh, I know. It's just seeing how they can all get along, and how he's going to go about asking him to be his mares it the fun part XD He's probably going to have scares from them by the time this is over!

Harroway: No worries about the wait!))
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Tervenna »

Drawing her ears back, Fissure glared at the second mare from her hiding place. The green and yellow mare that she had somehow overlooked was going to take away part of the fun. she wrinkled her nose, but turned her attention back to the stallion and the winged mare.

The stallion just kept setting things up better and better! He told the winged mare that things were safe, then planted himself right next to her hiding place. She watched the sa'krien begin to fish for something in the stream with his rather wicked looking tail, though his attention seemed to be on the newer mare. This could still work out nicely.

Gauging when she thought the winged mare would be approaching, she slowly and quietly pushed herself through the bushes behind the stallion, a wicked grin displaying her sharply pointed teeth. "Oh yes, theyre ayre woyrse things in the jungle. Want to meet one?"

She snapped her teeth sharply, just behind the stallion's head, and waited for their reactions, barely restraining herself from giggling madly. Pranks were so very rare, when there was no one around!
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

A little surprised at the lack of retort, Snap just shrugged when the stallion asked if he and his mare could join her choosing to ignore his 'Your Highness' comment. It wasn't like she could say no anyways, no after her earlier words. "It doesn't bother me, I won't be staying long anyways," she told him, not quite a lie, settling down in a nice sunny spot to let her coat dry out completely before setting off for the jungle. From experience she knew a wet coat in that humid vegetation would take ages to dry and be extremely unpleasant in the meantime. Still she wasn't thrilled about having to hang around with a grumpy stallion and his mare until then.

She'd decided to try and ignore them, though it was a little difficult to keep from watching him fish. She'd never seen another samanayar try something like that and a part of her was eager to see if he was successful at catching whatever he was after. Just about to give in to curiosity and ask what he was after something moved in the bushes behind him and a decidedly unfriendly sa'krien made its appearance causing Snap to bolt to her feet, horns lowered aggressively in case the sa'krein decide to attack someone other than the stallion.
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

When Oath had heard that the coast was clear, she poked her autumn-colored head out from the bushes, spying a delightfully yellow mare. The samanayr's attitude relaxed a little and she stepped out of the brush. Obviously, the yellow one had a sharp tongue - enough to make Whip back off, even a little. Oath admired that greatly. She even had horns! Nearing the edge of the river, Oath heard something leap from behind them. She let loose a shriek and tumbled forward, wings outstretched, and landed clumsily in the water. Oath thrashed and stumbled to a position behind Zest, looking frightened out of her mind.

(( Sorry it's short! :( ))
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

When Whip heard the voice, and felt the teeth snap, right behind his head, he whirled around from a lying position. Or at least, that's what he attempted to do. Instead, he tumbled into the stream, creating a whirlwind of water. Once the waves had settled, he was revealed sitting in the stream, water dripping for every inch of him. On top of his head, like some weird hat, was a crayfish, speared on the horns that made up his mane. He glared at the mare that was responsible for this, a blue, white, and red sa'krien.

Flashing a glance behind him, he spotted Oath hiding behind the yellow mare. Well, at least she's safe there, he thought. Somewhere at the back of his mind, he was wondering why he was concerned with her saftey, and why he assumed that the yellow mare was safe. Whip returned his attention to the sa'krien mare then. "Veyry funny," he said dryly, glaring at her. "What do you want?"

A dying twitch from the crustacean on his head diverted his attention to his meal. Reaching up, he managed to dislodge it. Catching it in his paws, he bit the head off of it. Brains were especially good, nice and squishy. Even better than brains, however, were roe, and this one had some attached to it. Flicking out his tongue, he swiftly liked them up.

((If this is too ewww, let me know XD He's a bit weird in his tastes, lol! ))
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

(( *pokes thread* Did Whip scare people away with his eating habits? o.o ))
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

*Nope I've just got two midterms to study for this week. I'll be back to posting Friday *
Harroway
Painter

Post by Harroway »

(( I think we're just waiting for another reply. <3 No worries! Oath's still terrified, standing behind Snap!

Oath: :shock: ))
Last edited by Harroway on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Tervenna »

((I've been busy saving geocities pages @_@... and trying to figure out what Fissure actually intended to do once she startled everyone XD I'll try to post tonight, or at latest, tomorrow!))
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

((No worries! RL stuff comes first :D Just wanted to see if people were waiting for each other to post XD))
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

(( *watches as Whip delivers several kicks to the page* Ahh, does anyone want to continue this? ))