Costume contest - final results page 2!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Costume contest - final results page 2!

Post by Sushidragon »

The contest is now closed :D The voting polls will be up soon!

--
As you can see, Glint's all ready for the costume contest.. he seems to really like that hard hat.

Welcome to the very first Samanayr costume contest! Halloween is fast approaching, and our Samanayrs are in need of some costumes! And don't worry, you don't need a Samanayr to enter.

This is a design and concept contest, so don't worry about artistic requirements :D There will be three randomly-drawn winners, and then several other winners in categories who will be chosen by you! Each of the categories that will be up for vote will have 10 entries, chosen by me from all entries.

The prizes and categories will be as follows:

Random winners x 3
Three randomly-selected entries will receive the grand prize - your costume design will be made into an actual accessory for your Samanayr! If you don't have a Samanayr, you can save your costume in your inventory for when you would like to equip it.

Most creative costume
The most creative costume, as decided by popular vote! The winner of this category will receive a breeding token - a new item that allows you to apply for a breeding at any time!

Scariest costume
Ahh! The scariest costume ;____; As decided by populat vote! The winner of this category will receive a tradeable item grab-bag - a random set of 3 to 5 tradeable items!

Funniest costume
The most amusing costume, as decided by popular vote! The winner of this category will receive a tradeable item grab-bag - a random set of 3 to 5 tradeable items!

How to enter

Your entry can be any combination of writing and visual aids. You could submit an entry with just a written description, an entry with just a picture, or a combination of both! You're even welcome to draw your costume directly on to your Samanayr, if you'd like - one of the few times that editing their images is okay XD

Rules!

- There is a limit of one entry per person.
- The usual - please no complaining about the results, or any comments that will make the winners feel bad about their win!
- Entries must be posted in the thread on the Samanayr forums or in the thread on PI. Please only post to one of the threads, not both.
- Although you're welcome to draw your costume directly onto the image of your own Samanayr, you must ask permission if you'd like to use someone else's Samanayr.
- The costumes can only be equipped to one Samanayr. Once it's been equipped, you can't equip the costume to another.
- You're welcome to edit your entry at any time before the end of the contest.
- Duplicates of the same costume are permitted, eg there can be more than one pirate costume . It's up to you to keep an eye on the entries and decide whether or not to change your entry.

Contest end and voting

The contest will close at October 28, 2pm PDT.

The random winners will be determined right away so that I can finish their costumes before Halloween!

I'll also try to get the voting polls up the same day. They'll all be on the Samanayr forums. Voting will be open for 48 hours, and the winners of each category will be available immediately when the polls close! In the event of a tie, we'll run a quick 24-hour vote-off.

Good luck to everyone :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Re: Costume contest - open now!

Post by RikkuGirl »

*wiggles* First post XD
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

-grabs a hold of Echo's tail to stop her fleeing-
>D I have a most awesome idea, mmhmm... Come on, little one, let's get started!
Echo: O.O -struggles in terror-
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Yeah, finshed Shrouds costume. Could we draw costumes for our other sams and show them off, just not as a contest entry?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

oh yes, I was hoping to do the same :D Maybe we could start a topic in the Art and Writing board?
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Costume Contest Entry!

Sibyl was nice enough to let me draw on her. :D She's dressed up as Van Gogh's famous painting "The Starry Night"! I've painted her wings, tail and torso like parts of the painting. Don't worry - it's just hair dye and body paint~

The actual painting: http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squido ... 900566.jpg
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Costume Contest Entry

((May try drawing this out; will edit a picture in if I do. Third paragraph is the actual contest entry. The rest is just a bit of story to go with it.))

Puff stood looking at the sign, her fluffy little tail waggling excitedly. "A costume contest! What should I enteyr myself as?" Looking down at her little pumpkin bracelet the fluffy little Northern suddenly pricked up her feathery ears and grinned. "I should dyress up as my favoyrite season! Autumn! I'll be Autumn!" And with that she pranced off to go find the supplies she would need to dress herself up as a season.

"Now, what does eveyryone think of when they think of Autumn? Leaves, lots of them. Pumpkins, apples, coyrn, oh yum! No, don't want them tyrying to eat my costume. Oh, beyrries, fyrost, flying biyrds... Leaves most of all. I need lots of leaves!" She set off at a trot to begin gathering the most perfect leaves of fall, and also to beg some ribbon and cloth off of one of the local Sharian. Puff was absolutely delighted when the Sharian she approached not only offered her as much fabric as she needed, but seemed just as enthusiastic about the costuming as Puff herself was, even offering to help with the delicate task of making it, something that Samanayr hooves really weren't suited to.

Together the two began assembling Puff's Autumn costume. Some loosely woven fabric, intended to be made into sacks, instead had brightly colored leaves attached to it overlapping each other like scales. This formed a cape that draped over Puff's back, falling down to about her knees. An old brooch shaped like a bat prooved to be the perfect fastener to close the cape around her neck. The Sharian happily wove a wreath of marigolds and a few leaves and little red berries to put on Puff's head like a little crown. And then the Sharian disapeared inside, returning with a structure of brightly dyed silk in reds, golds, and oranges, fastened to a wire framework that made it look like, "Wings!" Puff danced in place excitedly for a moment, then froze to allow the wings to be attached to her cape. Once they were fitted the Sharian held up a mirror so the little Northern could see her costume. "Ooh! It's peyrfect! Thank you so much!" The shimmery silk of the wings looked almost like she imagined a cross of butterfly and faery wings might look; long and thin but ruffled around the edges and all fluttery. The Sharian smiled as Puff danced away to go enter herself in the contest as the Spirit of Autumn.
Last edited by Origami_Dragon on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy
Favorite Sam species: Healer, Illiyar, Rider

Post by Puuka »

Costume Contest Entry!

I have to show off my entry here and on PI! n_n

For Halloween, Shattered is a Sushi Dragon!

Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

@Echos - Sure, have fun dressing up your other Sams as well if you want to :D Tis the season!

@Harroway - Ooh, very cool! I love the idea of dressing up as a painting and Sibyl definitely works well with that particular image :D

@Origami - What a cute story! I love the description of Puff's Spirit of Autumn costume :D

@Puuka - I already squealed over the sushi drago costume on PI, but I'll do so here again XD Awwww!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

*drops an unhappy Whip in* Awww, isn't he so cute! *plans to lock her bedroom door for the next month or so at night*

Note to Sushi: I'm not looking for first place, as Whip would kill me if he had to wear it permanently XD But the other prizes are definitely interesting to me!

(also cross-posted on the Sam forum, so everyone can see!)
Zephyr
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayrn

Post by Zephyr »

Here's my entry! Costume Contest Entry

Several hours of work in this, and Flight isn't happy about her wings being covered, but she was a good sport!

Edit: I think my humor is too oblique for all but the most nerdy, so I'll explain her costume here:

Flight has window screens. That are blue. And in the possession of Death. This makes her costume Windows' Blue Screen of Death. I *said* I was nerdy >_<

Sushi, it's a humorous costume, but none of my Sams have personalities that would warrant wearing it permanently. None of them even know what a computer is! XD
Last edited by Zephyr on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image Image
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

What are the screens for? *head tilt*
Zephyr
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayrn

Post by Zephyr »

Screens that are blue and owned by Death. I.e., Blue Screen of Death XD *nerd*
Image Image Image Image
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Ohhhh XD I get it now!
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

ooooooooooooooooooooh!!! LOL! I was wondering too!
SunBlind
Mystic
Mystic

Post by SunBlind »

An Egyptian Pharoah ^_^

It would include the famous Egyptian headdress with the serpent on it. The black beard. A thick gold necklace with red, blue and green gems. Serpentine circlets around the upper leg. And a pleated linen kilt with some blue markings on it.

I was going to add the black eye makeup but I think with the sams being so small, it wouldn't be possible to do that AND the headdress, so just the headdress then *g*

Journey of the Jeweled Plain is one of the few Sams that is in a pose that would make the whole ensemble work well :) Prize of the Blue Lapis works too, but it would be *tiny*. Rubies of the Purest Ivory would be pretty small too LOL

*the red and white stallion mutters* I'm not "small"....

BTW, I can't see the Pony Island thread so I hope I'm not duplicating anything there.

*giggles over the blue screens of death* Good one!
Stallions
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mares
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

OK, I think I've decided on a costume entry:
Cadence decided to dress up as a bluejay!

I'm going to go post up some of my other costumes in the Art and Writing board now.
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Hehe, as my Photoshop is completely out of commission at the moment, I'm going to have to enter in paragraph form... So here goes! :D

Poison stood, twitching uncomfortably as the sharian put the finishing touches on his 'costume'. Already a hairy brown blanket had been tied and moulded around his form, a stiffened helm of the same material had been tied to his head. This cap sported six glassy 'eyes', sparkling with something akin to life in the late afternoon light. Two spiked mandibles had been stuck to the corners of his scowling mouth with sticky sap, and the same sap had been woven into webs between his spines. Around his stomach was fasted another pair of legs, and with a satisfied grin the Sharian stepped away to reveal yet another pair fastened around the base of his neck! Eight legs, eight eyes, this stallion now had, and his unenthused scowl to complete the outfit.

And a little paint sketch, just to show you how it all comes together. ;)
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Well Mystic of the Summer Mirage has decided to get into the spirit of Halloween this year! And what better costume for a Desert Samanayr than that of an oasis!

(I didn't have much time to work on it, but not only is he a mirage he's a walking oasis now XD)
Saiki
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Aboreal

Post by Saiki »

Rest of the Crystal Plains was willing to dress up as a Christmas tree for me.

Even though she doesn't know what a Christmas tree is. :P

(Those are supposed to be lights. >.> And the silvery stuff is garland or whatever you call it.)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Please tell me someone is doing the Xbox Red Ring of Death to match the Windows Blue Screen!

I LOVE the costumes so far! So creative! <3
Kagari
is behind you
is behind you
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by Kagari »

Costume Entry

A (very badly done) piñata! :D
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy
Favorite Sam species: Healer, Illiyar, Rider

Post by Puuka »

Ora, your oasis is awesome! I love how she's a palm tree XD

And Zeph, the 'blue screen of death' still has me laughing. hee
Kracken2020
Foal
Foal

Post by Kracken2020 »

Thought I'd put this guy up on this thread too now that I've sorted out my samanyr forum access and found this thread! Thanks again for loaning me the sam to dress up :)
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

Wasn't sure I'd be able to get online and post this. XD;; Sorry it's a bit long. >_> Steele graciously offered me the use of Rend, since...I don't have anybody this bloodthirsty. o_o;

-----------------------------------------------------

It had been a very busy week. The rocky outcropping where the two Sams worked was bleached with the sun and stained with dark brownish-red; most of the blood had dried, but there were spots of livid crimson here and there that were still wet. Footprints, mainly. It took a lot to build the project they were working on, and the stallion wasn’t exactly neat in his gory work.

“Put this on there, somewhere,” Rend ordered, dropping a carnelian-stained wing next to Mystic of the Burning Metals. It had been white, once, with just a touch of color to its soft feathers. “That was the most iyrritating of all. I want heyr to be easily identified.”

“The costume will be overbalanced,” the mystic informed him, cool and distant. Her hooves were braced on a bloody pile of fur, scales, and hide on the ground, and her muzzle was lightly stained as she forced a needle in and out of the carnage. “It will be hayrder for flying. I need another layrge piece for the back.”

“I don’t cayre. Make it work.” Returning to the much larger pile of Samanayr corpses, the demon elemental hunted for a body that he hadn’t yet pillaged and dragged his selection out where it could be used, slicing away tufts and draconic wings to free a reasonably sized ‘scrap’ for her collection. “Woyrk faster. What is taking so long?”

“If you keep yelling at me, I will leave, and you can get someone else to help you. Maybe Infeyrno is not busy. I am sure she would put up with your tantrums.” Mystic shot him a flat silvery glance, and the stallion scowled- dumping the piece of hide at her feet. The elemental mare wouldn’t take a second the irritation that the patient Mystic had sat through all day, and he knew it.

Grumbling, he left her in silence to prowl restlessly around the killing field. Intruders- he hated intruders. Anyone who came onto his territory was dealt with swiftly and violently. This week more than others, for Rend had a costume to plan- after the morning’s ‘collection,’ the pair had been fairly certain they had enough. Finding a bone that he particularly liked, he ripped it free and offered it to her just as she bit through the last stitches.

“Hold still,” she instructed, and threw the contraption over his head. With some struggling, they got his wings through the holes in the back; affixing the last piece of bone, the mare stepped back to regard her stallion thoughtfully. “Well, it is ceyrtainly teyrrifying.”

BurningMetals~Mystic had been one of Rend’s mares for a very long time, and not much startled her anymore. She had accepted the stallion’s harsh and violent ways, and even viewed him with pride and affection, but this had indeed been the most unsettling of his desires since the first day they had met. A multitude of Sams had contributed to the project with their lives. Rend was draped from nose to hindquarters in a curtain of patchwork hides, all different textures and colors and patterns. Here and there, physical attributes had been added: bones, the feathered wing, a broken antler, a part of a face with the eye still attached. Eyeholes revealed his cynical gaze, and the entire ensemble was liberally streaked with drying blood. The smell was sickening, but the flies seemed to enjoy it.

“I think it is finished,” she murmured, shaking her head. “What ayre you calling youyrself, now that you have cyreated this monstrosity?”

Using his wings to lift himself into the air and over to a nearby pond, Rend examined his reflection with satisfaction. “I am a Wayrning,” he replied grimly, glancing over his shoulder at the mare. “If anyone comes into my teyrritory, my land, then a little piece of them can be added…just like eveyryone else hanging here.”