Say hello to our new guest artists!

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Say hello to our new guest artists!

Post by Sushidragon »

You guys always pleasantly surprise me. I was expecting maybe a couple of people to apply, and I was completely blown away by the response to the call for guest artists XD Thank you all so much!

Let's give a big welcome to our new guest artists!

Xenon
Harroway
silvermoondragon
rekyrem
seraaches
Pristine
Unyko
Delicious
Janalee
Dray
LakotaWolf

I'll be sending PMs out tonight to the guest artists with more details and your theme, so keep an eye out! These are going to be some fantastic Samanayrs, and I can't wait to see them :D

--

For the first time ever, I'm looking for guest artists to draw and color Samanayrs! Whoa!

These Samanayrs will be used in a 'Twelve Days of Christmas' event that will take place in December. All events will be free, and there will be 12 Samanayrs available, each based on one of the items in the Twelve Days of Christmas song:

12 drummers drumming
11 pipers piping
10 lord a'leaping
9 ladies dancing
8 maids a'milking
7 swans aswimming
6 geese alaying
5 golden rings
4 calling birds
3 french hens
2 turtle doves
1 patridge in a pear tree

I'll be doing the partridge in the pear tree Sam, so I'm looking for guest artists for the other 11 Samanayrs! Here's some more information for potential artists:

- Each guest artist will get to choose their most preferred and least preferred theme. I'll try my best to accomodate everyone.
- These Samanayrs will all be Samanayrs, Lamanayrs, or Northerns. If you'd like to do a different species because you think it'd fit better with your theme, please let me know.
- All guest artists are required to go through a 3-week introductory period on PI. I'll set up and maintain the intro post, and all the artists will need to do is make sure they've completed their Samanayr for the Christmas event on time.

As payment for their guest coloring (besides my utmost gratitude ;D ), each guest artist will also be allowed to create a Samanayr for themselves. Some more information on that:

- The artist gets to choose what to do with their second Sam. It can be kept, gifted, traded, or sold.
- If selling their Samanayr, the artist is responsible for setting up the sale, receiving payment, and contacting me with the Sam's information so that it can be certed.
- The Samanayr can't be auctioned - if it's being sold for $, the artist must set a firm price.
- The second Samanayr cannot be sold until the 3-week introductory period on PI has been completed.

And some general information that applies to both Samanayrs the guest artists will produce:

- Quality does count for guest artist positions. Please don't be hurt if you're not chosen to be a guest artist, since my stands are quite high.
- The highest species and trait rarity that can be used is rare. New species or traits can't be created.
- All Samanayrs must be hand-colored (any traditional medium is fine) and the size of a typical Samanayr. If your image is too large, it will be shrunk down.
- Before working on the actual art, each artist will have to provide me with a description of their concept.
- The artists will be responsible for sending me the Samanayr images so that I can cert them.
- All artists will be credited on the cert and in all posts that include their Samanayr's image.
- All Samanayrs created by the guest artists for these events will be considered 'official' Samanayrs. They can join Songs, participate in all Samanayr events, breed, etc.
- Once accepted as a guest artist, this doesn't allow you to create as many Samanayrs as you'd like. You'll just be creating two, one for the Christmas event and another for personal use. You may be asked to participate in future guest artist events, though!

The personal Samanayr can be created whenever the artist finds the time, but there will be some strict deadlines for the Christmas event Samanayrs:

November 16 - Guest artist applications close at 3pm PST (23:00 PI time). I'll try to contact all accepted artists the same day.
November 30 - The completed Christmas Sams are due by 9pm PST (Dec 1 5:00 PI time) so that the adoptable intros thread can be set up.
December 14 - The events will be set up! Although the guest artist Sams will still be in intros at this time, since all the events they'll be in will be free this won't be an issue.

Phew, I think that's it XD Please let me know if you have any questions!

If you're interested in applying to be a guest colorist, please send me a PM with the subject Guest Artist Application and the following form filled out:

Username:
Please provide links to at least three examples of traditional art that you've done (a link to a gallery would also work):
Would you be able to make the November 30th deadline for the Christmas-themed Sam?
Do you think you'd keep, gift, trade, or sell your personal Sam?
Top four theme choices (from the Twelve Days of Christmas song):
Bottom four theme choices:
Would you be willing to do more than one Christmas-themed Sam if I don't have enough guest artists?
Anything else?

Applications will be open until November 16, 23:00 PI time (3pm PST) - good luck!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Re: Seeking guest artists!

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Ohhhh, I so wish I could draw! I can color well, but I'd need a lot of work at drawing XD

Still, maybe it's worth a shot XD

*goes to search for examples, and possibly dig out her art folder*
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

So excited!!! As soon as I get home I'm going to get some examples together :D
sera
Mystic
Mystic

Post by sera »

This is super cool! Wish i could get on PI to join in as well. xD; lol Good luck to those who enter!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Whee, I'm excited to have so many applications already :D This is going to be a great event!

@sera - This is open to everyone, not just people on PI! A post does have to be made in the Adoptables Intros forum, but I'll be the one actually making the post (all the guest artists will get approved together).
Image Image

Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

It costs money to join PI though, right?
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

It does cost money to join PI, which is why I now make sure every event can be participated in on the forum too!
Image Image

Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

Maybe I'm confused, if you don't have a PI account you can't be a guest artist then? Sorry I'm slow >_<
Kendarath
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Kendarath »

So then my understanding would be that the reason you bring up the three week introduction thread issue is to explain why the timeline for the event is the way it is? Not to say that we actually need an account on PI to go through the intro period ourselves?
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

The reason for the intro period is because PI requires it for any changes done to lineart/artists/ the adoptables themselves. So that they know what's going on, and to catch any art theft before anyone pays money for it.

Doesn't matter if the new artists will be on PI or not, Sushi has to go through the hoops ><
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

No, you don't need a PI account to apply to be a guest artist. I will be the one making the required post on PI, and I did just bring that up to explain the timeline. There is absolutely no requirement to have a PI account - if only people on PI were allowed (which I wouldn't do) I wouldn't even post this here XD
Image Image

dray
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by dray »

I would always be willing to draw Samanayrs for you, Sky! I just haven't because I'm not sure if you'd be happy with it! XD But if you need guest artists I'd definitely be happy to sign up.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

*Wonders whos gotten what ones*
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Still another...I think it's a bit over six hours left to get applications in! So I doubt anyone knows yet what they'll be drawing for the event.

I am...slightly tempted to practice drawing Samanayrs so that maybe if there's a next time for guest artists I might feel happy enough with my equines and coloring skills to consider applying. As of right now...not happy enough with my skill level and pretty sure that NaNo is going to keep eating my time so I'd be hard pressed to finish by the end of the month anyways.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dray
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by dray »

Oh shoot, I only saw the livejournal post warning about the deadline this morning before running to class, and didn't see that we had to fill out a form! There is still five minutes to do it though! Will edit this post when I have it up!

eta: I sent the PM! Apologies for the lateness again! Today has been busy!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

You guys always pleasantly surprise me. I was expecting maybe a couple of people to apply, and I was completely blown away by the response to the call for guest artists XD Thank you all so much!

Let's give a big welcome to our new guest artists!

Xenon
Harroway
silvermoondragon
rekyrem
seraaches
Pristine
Unyko
Delicious
Janalee
Dray
LakotaWolf

I'll be sending PMs out tonight to the guest artists with more details and your theme, so keep an eye out! These are going to be some fantastic Samanayrs, and I can't wait to see them :D
Image Image

Xenon
Will Stalk You

Re: Say hello to our new guest artists!

Post by Xenon »

-excited squeak!- Thank yooooou Sushi! It's an honor to be selected for this, I can't even begin to describe. <33 Yay!
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Congrats guest artists! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with! Shall be interesting seeing all these song based Sams show up! Would be fun to see a Song of song Sams. :o :lol:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

ooh yay! Thanks so much Sushi, this is going to be soo much fun! I can't wait to see what I get to do :D

I agree with Xenon, I am honored!
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Congrats you guys!
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

How seriously exciting! :D Definitely an honour to be a Sam guest artist, and I think it's going to be a lot of fun - thanks Sushi for letting us play in your sandbox for a bit, hee! Can't wait to see the results!
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Aiee! Thank you so much, Sushi, for the opportunity to draw Sams for you! I'm very honored. *bows* And I can't wait to see which part of the song I get! *devious look*
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

*bounces ecstatically* Oh man, this is going to be so much fun; I've secretly wanted to be a guest artist somewhere for a long time now, and for Sams is just...wow. ^_^ Thanks so much for the chance Sushi! *dances off to start plotting*
dray
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by dray »

Thanks, Sky! :D I think this will be fun. How big should the final sizes be if we're transparentizing them, again?

And what's your take on bling? I remember the year that I got a couple of xmas themed Sam's, one had a halo and one had a candle balanced on her head... goodness knows what I'm going to do for bling for mine (are we allowed to discuss what Sam's we got?) but I just want to make sure that it isn't restricted!
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

I can't wait to see these sams, I just know they are going to be amazing. Being a guest colorist would be amazing; maybe if sushi ever open this up again and I figure out how to use traditional media XD In the mean time I will be avidly stalking into's come the 14th.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage