May event unschedule - breedings?

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

May event unschedule - breedings?

Post by Sushidragon »

I'm going to be away this month from the 8th to the 17th (Prince George and then Vancouver - SO happy to be heading to the city!). While I'm away I will have internet access, but no scanner and I'm likely not going to be drawing. I'm not sure what all will be happening this month, since we still don't know if we'll be moving or not, so this month I'll be playing it by ear rather than having a schedule XD I will be setting up the monthly draw shortly, and it will be open until I get back.

Next month is also an unknown, since we might be moving then if we don't move this month, and my wedding is taking place on June 11!

One thing I also need to start doing now is stockpiling premade Sams for when the baby arrives. I'm assuming I will have zero time and/or energy for Samanayrs in the first few months after it's born, but I also don't want Samanayrs to go on hiatus for that long, so I'm planning on finding a helper or two to keep things running while I'm MIA. But I do still have a few months to figure that out XD

Okay, this ended up longer than I'd intended, sorry!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Re: May event unschedule

Post by Jennalyn »

I certainly think we can all respect an unschedule for the next few months as things try and settle themselves in your life. :D Wheeeeee for wedding! And possibly moving, though the packing's always such a pain.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

That's alright, enjoying your trip is most important! Besides, this way there's more suspense! You never know when an event might happen XD

I'm excited for June also since my birthday is on the 16th and I get to go home for a few weeks and see my doggie :D

I'm always here to help if needed. You could always have another guest artist event then to add to the number of Samanayrs available during that time.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

*hugs* Any thing you need we can do it! :D Im totaly available if you need help with anything. Im so happy for you again for your wedding and pregnancy! :D Its such an awesome experience I cant wait to experience myself! :P

Best of luck and...

YOU CAN COUNT ON US! :D
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: May event unschedule - breedings?

Post by Sushidragon »

For the remainder of the month, I'm wondering what everyone would think of a good ol' fashioned mini breeding season :D Forms would be open for a few days, and then 10 applications would be randomly chosen, and then each of those breedings would be rolled for success. With a base 30% success rate, this would probably result in 3 or 4 successful breedings.

In addition, I'm finally going to hold the signature button contest XD I've been meaning to do this for months, so it's about time I finally get on that! Some customs will also be available.

Otherwise, I think some small games and such are in order. We're not moving this month, at least, so I do have a little more time than I'd originally thought.

I have a few other things planned in general, but whether they happen this month, next month, or even later remains to be seen!
Image Image

Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

I think all of those sound like splendid ideas and a lot of fun too! Maybe if we get lucky there will be a u-stream session or two to watch as the frankens or breedings unfold! XD
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Oh yes, like we're going to turn down a breeding season? Especially right after so many more gorgeous pairings were made in Jenn's event!

And a signature button contest sounds interesting. Sounds like a plan for the rest of the month!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Sounds like lots of fun :D
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

OAO That would be so awesome with all the new totally epic pairs that were made in Jenn's thread. The problem will be deciding who to breed... I'll probably end up going with either Delicious' Vivacity and my Mystic or Ori's Gyre and my Drift, but we'll see... >3>

And a few games sound fun as well! Pretty much every Sam-related event if fun though, so... Yeah. XD *shot*
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Tervenna »

I am up for a mini-breeding season - when I was looking through my loevlies last night, I found a pair that was suddenly very intriguing to me, and needed to be bred next time there was a season :D
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Eirnae »

In a word: Eeeeeeee! :D

In more words:

What? Some folks probably guessed by now that just the one expression of my gleefulness wouldn't be enough for me. :P

The idea of a breeding season makes me all giddy! There are so many beautiful Sams out there that I just can't wait to see what their babies look like! :D As for the U-Stream, that would be fantastic! I haven't had a chance to participate in one yet, but I still have hope. Maybe I'll get lucky this month and be able to "catch a show"? ;)

"Other events" has got me grinning wide enough to make my cheeks hurt. I just love the notion of there being something other than what we know for certain is happening. It lends an air of excitement and mystique!

My overall opinion? This plan of action rocks my proverbial socks! :D
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Sounds like lots of fun! I'll be happy with whatever event you choose to hold :D
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

YAY! :D im so excited ^^
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Nadir
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Nadir »

Breeding season sounds awesome (I'll have to remember to stalk the open songs - getting my first sam through a breeding would be great :P).
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Ohhh man, the only problem I have with a breeding season is deciding whose turn it is to give it a try!
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Breedings would be so fantastic I could scream. xD
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

Behbehs! *spasm*

.... that is all I have to say on the subject. o:
Xenon
Will Stalk You

Post by Xenon »

oh man, breedings would be so awesome. Like, you have no idea. XD I'm flailing around like an idiot right now at even just the thought of it.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Breedings it is! They'lll be opening either tomorrow or Friday. I don't have an exact set time because it's not first-come first-served and forms will be open for a few days XD

I was hoping to get a lot more accomplished today, including finishing off the Frankensams (just one more to color!), but I had a bit of an accident when going to meet Mr Sushi for lunch. I managed to turn my ankle and fall down while walking on a gravel path down a hill, and after a trip to the emergency room the verdict is a very scraped up shin, pulled ligaments on the ankle on the other leg, and a healthy baby (glad I didn't land on my stomach!). I'm not dying or anything, but I think I'll be taking it easy for the rest of the day and icing that ankle up good XD;
Image Image

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Oh no! That's not good. Thankfully the baby's alright and hopefully you'll be feeling better soon.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Oof, I read that on Facebook! I'm so glad that you and the sproggin' are doing okay, and please do take it easy. We don't want the Sushi out of commission because she pushed herself, especially because that kind of strain always sucks twice as hard. <3

*snugfluffs*
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Eirnae »

I already expressed this on PI, but I wanted to say it here too ...

I'm glad that you and baby Sushi are alright, hon, and hope that you will be feeling better soon. Not because I'm chomping at the bit to see the new pretties (Even if I am. <_<), but because I want you to feel good asap! :D

Thanks for the update, and take care of yourself, our Lady of Sushi Goodness. :)
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Thanks for the good wishes! Baby and I are feeling okay today, I just won't be going on any long walks for a while XD; Unfortunately I'll probably still be all scabbed up for the wedding too, but worse things could happen!

I did end up finishing all of the Frankensams yesterday, so I'll be scanning and posting them later today.
Image Image

AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

*latches onto Sam forum*
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3