[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Samanayrs • View topic - Sam Sketches
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » The Hotsprings » Art and Writing

Post subject: Sam Sketches
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:04 pm 
Mystery
Mystery

These are a few sketches I started working for the guest artist application but as I never submitted it (maybe next time) I figured I'd share them here. I've learned I really need to work on anatomy. I have no idea where things go 99% of the time.

Lemur Sam!

Used the wrong pen to ink this one so the lines are way thicker than I wanted *grr*

Aquarius Concept

Haven't decided on leg placement yet so if anyone has ideas and/or wants to red line I am open to suggestions.

Post subject: Re: Sam Sketches
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:11 pm 
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Those are great! I always find the legs to be the hardest part too, especially the feet. Such a cute little lemur sam...

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:26 pm 
Mystery
Mystery

I almost always look at reference pictures myself, particularly for the legs, so I can understand the need to work on anatomy... *grins a bit sheepishly* Looks like you're doing pretty well at it though! Was the Aquarius-theme Sam going to be Biped, or four legged?

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:40 pm 
Mystery
Mystery

I was planning to make it four legged with the back legs streched out like they'd just completed a stroke.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:29 pm 
Samanayr Dreamer

LOVE EM! :D I especially love the aboreal. :) Floofy tail! :D

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:57 am 
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Aww, they look very Samanayr indeed :D Cute! I hope you'll be able to apply next time!

I have so much trouble placing legs on aquatic Sams when they're supposed to be swimming (well, or ones where they're flying) XD; I usually have to go through a few iterations before figuring out something that doesn't look completely bizarre, and even then..

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:58 am 
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

I'd almost do finned wyvern front legs for the Aquarius, and leave him/her as bipedal XD Whoosh!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:12 am 
Mystery
Mystery

@Rikku - Thank you! The tail is defiantly my favorite about him. He was just a concept I sketched up cause someday I want to get a ring-tailed lemur mimic since they are my favorite animal.

@sushi - Your comment just made my day. I spent ages looking at how you drew the details to make them look as samanayr-like as possible since my normal style doesn't lend itself to them very well. I'm so glad I succeeded. And it nice to hear that even with years of practice legs are hard to place. Makes me feel much better about how much trouble I was having XD

@Lvs - I was going to just go with normal fins but I think I like your idea much better. I'm going to play around with that a bit and see how it goes.

The Aquarius sam is actually a design I'd scrapped cause I made him based off a nudibranch than remembered we couldn't create new traits which his little head things (cerata) totally would be.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:50 pm 
Mystery
Mystery

New sketch I did for the current design contest going on so its posted there are well. But I figured this was a better place to ask for help.

I've now spent about 6 hours trying to draw his back legs in correctly. I think I've gotten on placed sort of right but can't figure out where the 4th leg should be. Could anyone help with a quick redline? I've tried looking at refs but its driving me crazy.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:55 pm 
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Hmmm, only suggestion I have is to look at photos of cats jumping. Cause that's what the pose reminded me of XD Very cute tho!

Board index » The Hotsprings » Art and Writing