Hurricane Sandy

Talk about anything you want here.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: ...THEM ALL <3 I'm horrible at choosing~

Hurricane Sandy

Post by Seren »

Hey! So I don't know how many of us live on the East Coast of the United States, but it seems we're in for a monster! I live a bit inland, but it looks like I'm still going to get some wind and major rain- possibly snow as well! I was wondering if anyone else thinks they're going to get hit bad?

Dapples is actually going to have to leave a day or two early- too bad. D: Also, if my power goes out for days like they've been saying, I may not be able to get on for a little while- we're not due to get hit until Monday, but this weekend is rather busy, so I was going to make sure I posted!

Anybody else worried? Stay safe everyone! ^^
Signature under construction!
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Post by LvSoulFriend »

I live in Northeastern Mass, about an hour from Boston, depending on traffic XD

I'm not too worried, actually! Might buy some more canned food, and maybe water, but meh. We've lived through hurricanes and blizzards and no'easters before. Irene did pretty much nothing here, took a branch down, but other than that, destroyed nothing XD

Critters will probably freak a bit, and we'll likely have snow again on Halloween, which means no tricker-treaters, haha. Not that we get more than like 10 anyways >>
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

HAHA. Yes. Yes, I'm very aware of Sandy.

So you know how it's predicted at this route as of 10AM this morning?

Do you see that little red dot on the map? Near the top-middle?

I put that there.

That's my house.

On an island.

:P
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

Jenn.
Just.
D:
Did you break a mirror, cross a black cat AND walk under a ladder or something??
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Jenn! Quick! Flee west to my house! It can't be more than a 3 1/2 hour drive! (seriously, I had no idea you lived that close to me XD)

Yeah, I'm mostly worried that if we lose power and the road floods to town, that I'll end up hand-pumping gallons of water for our critters.... mostly the horses and goats =_= Though if the water freezes I'm basically screwed! Wheee! XD

It'll be alright I think for us- but Jenn! Flee! Quickly!
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Hehe, I'm actually (and probably stupidly) excited because big storms are so cool. And damaging and bad and all of that! But... still cool. The biggest problem will be all the critters if something happens, since we have a small zoo as well. I have a few relatives in the area I can flee to if things become grim, but I have two cages of tiny vermin to haul with me if that's the case. :P Ratties had to weather the last hurricane with me at Jill's house. Ironically enough, she lost power for four days and we only lost it for half a day at home that time, but the island was still evacuated! Felt like a ghost town.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Augh, good luck everyone, stay safe O_____O
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

JENN. SERIOUSLY. XD that's actually kinda cool... but stay safe will ya? XD

I remember the snowed in Halloween... it was great... but then there was no internet for a week and I read like seven novels in five and a half days and yeah XD I had a little lantern and it was great XD we didn't loose water cause we're just 'city-folk' (not IN the city, but close enough with far too many houses nearby for my liking! (and neighbors I never talked to/are crazy O-O )

I'm actually really interested to see what happens to be honest XD snow or no snow, it'll an interesting storm. I'll have to wrangle up my cat from the outdoors and force him to stay inside so he won't get wet >>
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
luna and mattlock
Samanayr
Samanayr
Favorite Sam species: All

Post by luna and mattlock »

I'm not on the coast like Jenna (stay safe btw), I am in central MD.

Last Halloween, we picked up Krug the morning of the 26th of October, which is when that freak snow rolled started. Now, moving up on that one year anniversary, here we are getting a snowicane? Coincidence? I think not!

I dunno what to expect, and I will be very mad if we lose power for many days, as we just spent $300 last night buying our groceries for the next few weeks. Grrr....
ImageImage
ImageImage
HybridSiren
The Resident Linkin Park Fangirl
Favorite Sam species: Illiayr

Post by HybridSiren »

Hey, so I live in southeast Florida (for 16 years now) so I know all about hurricanes.

Bring in everything from the inside, prepare for flooding. Have lots of extra water, nonperishable food, a generator in case. Be ready for power outage, keep your valuables in something WATER PROOF. If it's not the wind that will mess you up, it's the torrential amount of rain. PLEASE BE PREPARED. Don't be foolish and go out during it unless a DIRE emergency occurs. If you possibly can, go to some high lands if you're in someplace really low. The flooding will be HELL.
I adore you guys and want you to stay safe, okay?
[he/they]
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Well! I was out doing over an hour's worth of driving in Sandy.

Lots of water. o____o

Thankfully, an hour after I got there, work came to their senses and told everyone who lived on the Eastern Shore to go home before the wind gusts closed the Bay Bridge and we were stranded on the wrong side.

So I got to drive over the Bay Bridge twice! It was... very exciting. Lol. More fun the second time since I was going home! (I love that bridge.) The whitecaps were super duper intense and the fog was so thick you could barely see in front of you at the top. It's a big bridge. Quite a few miles.
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

O.O Well glad you're home safe Jenn! Please stay that way!

We may loose power tonight- and we lack a generator! -_- Oh well, almost all the critters are indoors- now I just have to keep my siblings from pigging out on all our food!
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Gotten a bit more windy here, and rain. Always the rain *eyes the weather* Other than that, it's pretty boring XD
Nighthenge
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Nighthenge »

Pretty windy and wet here, but not that bad yet *fingers crossed* I didn't have to go to work today and it's looking like they might call off tomorrow too.
Kagari
is behind you
is behind you
Favorite Sam species: Northern

Post by Kagari »

In Southeast PA here, and it's been windy and rainy, but nothing too serious yet. Though we are three hours from landfall. >.>
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Dry safe thoughts out to everyone! <3
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
SilverDapples
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Deserts and Sa'Grisayrs!

Post by SilverDapples »

I lost power for a nice part of yesterday, but now it's sunny (though the sky does NOT look very nice)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Seren
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Seren »

Lost power last night, but I'm all good now! ^^ Animals seem to be fine, if a bit soggy- I was greeted by hungry goats this morning!