My life just fell apart

Talk about anything you want here.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

My life just fell apart

Post by Echos »

My admission to UC Santa Cruz was just revoked. :cry: Apparently me transcript from SMC never arrived and even though it was for extra curricular course they still got rid of me for failure to meet the contract. I've been running back and forth between SMC and home, making phone calls and crying my eyes out all day.

I was packed and had my classes and everything. I was supposed to move up in six days. Now I'm not sure what to do. I've explained everything to Santa Cruz but they basically said too bad, its my fault the trascipt wasn't there on time. The admissions officer even said I should have driven it to Santa Cruz even though SMC won't release official transcipts to students- they have to be mailed from campus.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Re: My life just fell apart

Post by LvSoulFriend »

*big hugs* Would they let you enrolled next semester? You could always get a job temporarly until you can get in.

Hope everything works out!
Rozel
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Rozel »

Oh no D: I hope everything works out for you eventually. >< -hugs-
Janalee
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Post by Janalee »

Ooh, I'm really sorry to hear that. *hugs* My friend actually had problems when she tried going to Santa Cruz as well; I guess the Admissions people there must be routinely psychotic. She ended up taking some gen eds at a community college until she could get in, which probably worked out better for her in the long run really; would that be a possibility for you? I'm sure you'll find something to do for a while anyway...it's just such a kick in the stomach to revoke your admission so close to the start of the semester, especially for such an inane reason.
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

I'm not sure, all the community colleges started a week ago so it might be too late to register. Depending how things turn out I may reapply in Spring but I honesty don't know at this point.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Raenia
Silence of Uncertain Cause

Post by Raenia »

Aw, that's a cheap trick, revoking at the last minute, and for something that wasn't really your fault anyway. It's not like you can just up and go somewhere else, not when the semester's already started a lot of places. Hopefully you can find something to so for now, and either try to get in next semester, or apply somewhere else. That's really crappy, good luck with everything!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

*hugs* Well that sucks. And it wasn't even your fault! D: I really hope things get better for you soon, but for now, I guess all you can do is brush yourself off and try to make the best of it... Really sorry for ya... *hugs again*
iforgotmybirthday1
Yearling
Yearling

Post by iforgotmybirthday1 »

Wow... that's horrible! The same thing (kind of... it was EXTREMELY complicated and very stupid) happened to me after I'd already been accepted to NYU! I had already sent letters to all the other colleges saying I wouldn't be attending. But, I'm actually really glad that I stayed in Georgia! It really messed up what I was going to major in... but in the end I think everything happened like it did for a reason. But, when it was going on it made me so dizzy and upset, so I know how you feel! Just try to breathe and drink some water. I'm sure no matter what happens it will work out!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Oh man, that's terrible of the university o_x I don't have any advice to offer, just *hugs* and the hope that you're able to get it worked out.
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

That sux!! Im so sorry to hear that luv *snugs* Just keep your head up and keep trying. Things happen for a reason, maybe this is something that will lead you to either go some where else or push you harder to get into this one.

Either way, I wish you the best and your on my mind *huggles*
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

And just when I thought things couldn't get worse my parents had a big fight and have decided to seperate.

At this point I don't even care. I just want the last two days to have never happened and everyone to be together again.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

That's horrible! Once it gets past a certain date, they shouldn't be able to remove their offers, it's not fair for the students.

I am soo sorry for you, your parents should be providing comfort and encouragement not adding on more stress.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Oh man, what timing *hugs* :/
Image Image

Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

Yeah, timing really sucks. But on a good note SMC wrote a letter taking full blame for the transcript not arriving on time and telling Santa Cruz that it was completely beyond my ability to resolve the problem. UCSC has said they will consider the letter in my case, though they've not said whether it will help or not.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

*crosses fingers* Hopefully they accept you, good luck!
iforgotmybirthday1
Yearling
Yearling

Post by iforgotmybirthday1 »

Well at least they're accepting responsibility! I hope everything works out!!!
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

That's a start, at least - hopefully it'll be sorted out <3
Image Image