Would this be a good idea?

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.

Yes to the first, no to the second.
No votes
Yes to the second, no to the first.
67%
Yes to both.
No votes
No to both.
No votes
Perhaps if you change... (Please post your suggestion)
33%

Total votes: 3

Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

ETA: If the poll's not letting you vote, then just post your opinion. >_> *kicks poll*

Well, when Jenn's Sweetheart's Score thread ended, a thought regarding tokens came to me. What if Sushi made the items that we can trade in for modiems also tradeable for things like Semi-Custom and Breeding Tokens? They would probably need to be pretty expensive point-wise so as not to totally swamp Sushi, especially with baby Sushi on the way, but I think it'd be nice to have the option to not have to use them on breeding modifiers, you know?

I'd also like to suggest the ability to trade in modiems for other modiems of equal or lesser value. For example, I have four color modiems that I have absolutely no intention of using, and I've tried to make threads to trade them in the past but no one seems interested. So, since each one is worth 2 points (8 points total) I could trade them in for, say, a Trait modiem and a Rarity Modiem, or a breeding, species, and pattern modiem.

So what do you guys think? :3 Yes? No? Maybe?
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Re: Would this be a good idea?

Post by LvSoulFriend »

I definitely like the second idea! The first one could be interesting, but I think right now, the tokens are meant to be prizes in events. Would be nice if it was possible though!
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Not to be a downer in any way. <3 But personally, I don't think either idea is too feasible.

For the first, it would place a huge strain on Sushi if people suddenly started cashing things in for Sams. Sure it might take a lot, but members have already proven their bound determination to scrimp, save, beg, and barter items to get some awesomely special things that cost a lot. I just don't think this would be too fair to our beloved admin. xD

For the second... it kind of defeats the purpose of receiving modiem prizes at all. If they're as tradeable as tradeable items are then why receive anything but tradeable items? Why have modiems be anything but items to be purchased right before a breeding? I dunno, it sort of takes the 'special' out of one or the other. It'd certainly be convenient, but it would remove the fun element of plotting and trading and... just kinda devalue any modiem that isn't rarity or species or breeding.

Just my two cents. xD
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Thanks for the suggestions :D

For the first, tokens are never going to be available for point trade-ins like Modiems are because I like to keep a handle on how many of them are floating around at any one time. And I think they're more special if they're just available as prizes and occasionally in sales :D

For the second, I'm still trying to decide if modiems will be able to be traded in for their point value towards non-modiem items (when they finally get released - I need to get on that). On the one hand I know people don't like to be stuck with items they don't think they'll ever use, but on the other hand I'd love to see people using a larger variety of modiem combinations XD So that's still up in the air for now.
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Maybe if the modiems were allowed to be traded back in they would trade for (cost-1) point? After all, I'm sure the Sharian don't really want to get their items back, they'd rather have more ingredients like flowers and feathers. And since all modiems cost at least 2 points now, that wouldn't make any of them worthless for trading. But it would still encourage people to at least think about using them rather than trading them.

I've got a fair few color modiems that I won...and while I wouldn't have bought them, now that I have them it is fun to try and see what they might do. If Hum will ever stop being stubborn anyways...

And polls seem to hate us recently...this one won't let me vote either.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

I think while trading in points for tokens would be nice, but they wouldn't be as special anymore. While I would like that XD, I would still vote to keep the tokens as they are.

As for the other suggestion, I had been hoping for the same thing and I was thinking the same as Origami_Dragon. A -1 cost for tradeback would really help people who never plan on using the item get some worth out of it when they're are unable to trade it, but will help keep people from thoughtlessly trading them in.