Databse Errors - please post here!

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Re: Databse Errors - please post here!

Post by Origami_Dragon »

I was browsing the database today and realized that no Desert Sam has Reduced Foot Tufts or Large Hooves listed as a trait even though the species page says those are two of their special traits. I didn't see any Large Hooves entries, but I did see other Sams with Reduced Foot Tufts. I'm not sure if that's quite a database error or not, but this seemed a good place to bring it up.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

I was browsing the DB and I noticed that under the species portion of the search you cannot search for Kirin, and yet there are 3 listed in the DB statistics. Just a bit of something I noticed.
Bright Promise
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Bright Promise »

Music of the Rainforest Mist lists my Singer of the Starlight Music as his mother but she isn't even a part of Song of the Burning Rainbow...
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

"Song of the Tears Fallen" should be "Song of Tears Fallen".

One of my mistakes *flees*

Capture of the Earth's Grace should have Light of the Sunset Canyon and Tempest of Dark Skies as his sire and dam, respectively, and they should have him as their offspring.

Pulsing of the Ocean Fury needs to have Fury of Storming Winds and Pulsing of the Volcanic Shores listed under his offspring.

Rainbow in the Waterfall Mist should have Catcher of the Rainbow's Call as her sire. Not sure who her dam is.

Waves of the Wandering Icebergs should have Laughter of the Running River as his dam, not Laughter of the Running Rver.

Speaker of the Listening Heavens should have Strider of the Turquoise Horizon, not Strider of the Torquiose Horizon.

Dancer of the Roaring Thunder should have Stains of Summer Peaches listed under her offspring.

Edit: Song of the Tarnished Elements should be semi-open, not open. The mystic mare requires permission. And all of the Songs that were linked to the old board need to have their links updated XD
LakotaWolf
LOL WUT

Post by LakotaWolf »

2 mares are missing from one of my Songs, the Song of the Chromatic Storm. They're older Sams and aren't in the Database yet, so I dunno if this is even fixable XD

http://samanayrs.com/displaySearchSong. ... ic%20Storm

The other two mares are:

Edging of the Stormy Sun
http://www.angelfire.com/me5/darkunicor ... mySun.html
and
Whisper of the Waterfall Steam
http://www.geocities.com/mists_of_the_m ... l/sam.html

Or should I just assume they're out of the Song since they're not in the Database? @_@
Image Image
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Many Samanayrs haven't been entered into the database yet. Sushi is slowly working her way down the list of owners posted in the IDs forum. If you know of any Sams not in that forum, please feel free to post them. Being in the database isn't a prerequisite for being in a Song right now, but eventually all old Sams should be in the database if they still exist. <3 We're just not entirely caught up yet.
Saiki
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Aboreal

Post by Saiki »

Drift of Delicate Twilight doesn't show up in her current song because Timeless is mispelled.

Edit:
I also get this error if I search for a song that has an apostrophe in its name:
Query Error 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's End%' AND Status LIKE '%%' ORDER BY SongID, SongName ASC' at line 1
Last edited by Saiki on Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

I accidentally spelled "Song of the Ascending Aether" wrong. D: Sorry about that! My fingers got in a twist. XD
Takaeji
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Takaeji »

I'm getting an error message when trying to look up Sa'grisayrs and Sa'krien on the database. It's obviously because of the apostrophes, but if I fix it from being %27 in the URL, it gives the same thing. Also no apostrophe doesn't search up any Sams, so it'll probably need fixing in the coding or whatever, I think. 'XD;

Also, this didn't happen before the site being down yesterday, so I dunno if that caused problems, or what.

ETA: ...So I just found out the apostrophe also isn't allowing me to update my Sa'grisayr into the database, and I can only imagin the same for Sa'kriens. >.>;
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

Torrent (206) comes up as a Samanayr when she should be listed as an Elemental.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Big thanks to Jennalyn for finding and fixing the error with apostrophes :D There shouldn't be any problems with them now, but please let us know if anything else comes up!

And now I'll go through and fix the other errors :O
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

@silvermoondragon - Ooh lots of things to fix, thank you! Flame of the Waiting Night (246) isn't a horse mimic because although she has horse coloration, she also has some very non-horse traits. To be considered an animal mimic a Sam needs to more or less have the same traits as the animal they're mimicing - Flame hyst gas similar coloration :D

Peahen (38) isn't an animal mimic either, since she doesn't have the traits. She was actually based on an RP character of Garney's.

There's no difference between pupiless and solid eyes, it's just inconsistent names for the traits XD I think I'm going to go with solid eyes, since Samanayrs don't really have visible pupils anyway.

@Origami - Since I wrote up the species page, I've been trying to decide if reduced foot tufts and large hooves are going to be features instead of traits. I still haven't decided, but I'll update all the desert Sams if I decide to make those traits :D

@Orasteele - Jennalyn updated the search so that Kirin is now included :D Thank you, Jenn!

@Bright Promise - Huh, that was what she had on her page XD I'm guessing her dam is actually Spectre of the Paling Spectrum, since she's the only mare in that Song with rainbow hair.

@LvSoulFriend - I'm leaving it up to Song owners to have their Song links in the database updated, since that's something they can edit :D

@Lakota - I'll get them in there eventually XD Well, hopefully a little sooner than eventually.

Okay, that should be everything! If I missed something, please let me know :D
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

Rain of the Winter Branches has sire listed as Puff of the Fallen Snow when it should be Puff of the Glittering Snow and as a result, she doesn't show up as offspring for him.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Thar we go, changed that. <3 Oh, and if anyone here owns Sams that aren't in the database right now, shoot me a PM with their info! I'm entering some stuff for Sushi.
Britain
Valentine Key
Favorite Sam species: Northern!

Post by Britain »

I'm not sure if this goes here or someplace else. XD But, in the items database, I'm still listed as having species and rarity modiems- those should have been used up in my mystic Sa'grisayr's breeding. <3

NOT THAT I WOULDN'T MIND KEEPING THEM...but in the name of honesty, lol. ;D
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Awww, thank you for that. <3 You're awesome. I've deleted them nao.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Danger of the Damaged Heart should have Sa'krien as her species, not Samanayr :)

Shade on Velvet Gold should actually be Shade on Golden Velvet, I think. Otherwise, her daughter's dam's name will need to be changed XD But her page has Golden Velvet, not Velvet Gold: http://strangelydreamt.byethost9.com/sk ... grass.html

Treader of the Jupiter Moon should have the same image as Trader of Silver Twilight, and Trader of Silver Twilight Should have the same baby image as Treader of the Jupiter Moon.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

All of those have been fixed, thanks. <3
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

Dawning of the Liquid Twilight is listed under the owner DragonFlight when she should be listed under the owner Dragonspyrit.

Also, song of the Viridian Wilds has an error. Keeper of the Verdant Illusion comes up twice in the song.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Crackle of the Static Storm has Edging of Breaking Thunderclouds as her father, it should be Edging of Breaking Thunderheads.

Draft of the Burning Earth has Caller of the Twilight Earth listed as her father, it should be Caller of Twilight Earth.

Hiss of the Acid Ember, Pooling of the Bright Illusion, and Dancer of the Jagged Dawn all have Flame of Serpents Dancing as their mother, it should be Flames of Serpents Dancing.
Last edited by LvSoulFriend on Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

You guys continue to rock. Keep me straight here! All of these fixes are greatly appreciated. <3 I was entering most of the 200 Sams at like... 4AM... so that would be why there are so many little errors. xD
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

I added some more to my last post Jenn XD I'll add them in new posts from now on, lol. Was in edit mode, and didn't see your reply!
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Prowl of the Jungle Dusk should have Mystic of the Jungle Wind as his father, not Jungle Deep.

Rest of the Crystal Plains should have Dew of the Crystal Grass as her father, not Crystal Glass.

Song of the Ember's Flame should have Shard of Sun-Red Light as the stallion, not Shard of the Sun-Red Light.

Runner of the Desert Dunes has Unknown listed as both her mother and father. Unknown is currently the name of a Sam in the db XD Which is definately not her mother or father!

Sizzle of the Electric Wave should have Burst of the Electric Noon as her father, not Electric Nova.
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey

Post by Jennalyn »

Ah, thank you for reposting that! I definitely wouldn't have noticed it before. They've all been tweaked. <3
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Chill of Chained Resentment should be Chill of the Chained Resentment.