Spooky Races! -Over and Results

Contests, games, draws, and other ways to get Sams! Also custom availability.
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Spooky Races! -Over and Results

Post by silvermoondragon »

As Halloween draws closer and closer, the Song of the Rainbow Hotsprings has transformed from a nice, peaceful, sunny spot to eerie haunt of vampires, ghosts and werewolves. As each song arrives for the festivities, the Halloween spirit increases. With the help of the Sharians, spider webs have been spread across everything, eerie mage lights have been loosed to float along on the breeze, skeletons have been hung in the trees, dancing with each breeze, and much more. Most exciting of course are the special events planned, a haunted house has been constructed that is guaranteed to cause a fright, races galore, and a costume contest everyone is talking about.

Welcome to the Halloween Races! These races will be similar to the first set of races run by Sushidragon, which you can check out here: http://www.samanayrs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=309 however, there will be a few Halloween changes, including the prizes!

How Racing Works

There will be three different courses, two on the ground and one in the air. Each course is 30 spaces long, and has several obstacles the racers must get through, over, around, or under.

Every round, a d6 (six-sided die) will be rolled for each racer. The number rolled determines how many spaces the racer goes forward, and the first Samanayr to the finish line is the winner! There are also prizes for the second and third Sams.

The races will be run here on the forum.

Obstacles

Each course will have a number of obstacles to get through. When a Samanayr reaches an obstacle, a d20 (20-sided die) will be rolled for them. Each obstacle has a number from 1 to 20, based on its difficulty, and the racer's roll must match or beat that number to successfully cross the obstacle.

Until the Samanayr is able to pass the obstacle, they will not move forward. If they successfully pass the obstacle, they will get a regular movement roll that round. If they encounter the obstacle in the middle of regular movement and successfully pass it on the same turn, they will continue forward normally.

If a Samanayr isn't able to pass an obstacle after three tries, they will pass it automatically after the third attempt and keep moving forward on their next turn.

Traits Matter!

A Samanayr's features and traits can give it bonuses or penalties to regular movement and obstacle rolls. The trick is that you won't know what affect your Sam's traits will have before the race starts! Here's some examples:

- A Samanayr with the 'fluffy' or 'extensive tufts' trait will be encumbered by that extra fur, and receive a -1 penalty to each regular movement roll.
- A Samanayr with very long legs is able to leap over obstacles easily, and it will receive a +5 bonus to obstacle rolls that require going over something.
- A Samanayr with the 'butterfly wings' trait will need to be careful going through a dense bramble patch, and will receive a -10 penalty to the roll for that obstacle.
- A water Mystic would be able to gauge the currents and depths of a stream easily, giving it a +10 bonus for any obstacles requiring crossing water.

In the future, you might learn what the obstacles are before a race and be able to choose your Sam accordingly, but for now they're going into the courses blind. Good luck

Terrain

Although these races are pretty straightforward terrain-wise, in the future the terrain itself will play a part in a Samanayr's movement roll. For example, if a course was over sandy terrain, the Desert Samanayrs would have a clear advantage and receive a +1 bonus to each roll.

Prizes!

Here are the spooky prizes available, one of each hairclip is available for each of the races:
Image Pumpkin hairclip: Offspring will have the Perennial Growth trait, but the 'tree' will be a pumpkin stem.
Image Vampire hairclip: Offspring will have fangs.
Image Ghost hairclip: Offspring will have ghostly, ethereal wings.

Like the medals from the first race, the hairclips are special items and can only be equipped to the Samanayr that won it. If you're borrowing a Samanayr from someone else, you'll receive the pixel hairclip image for your inventory, but you won't be able to equip it to the winning Samanayr unless you give the hairclip to the Samanayr's owner.

For now, a Samanayr can only wear one hairclip at a time, but they can be equipped and unequipped. There is also no limit to how many hairclips a Samanayr can win!

First place

- First pick from the prizes available for your race(pumpkin, vampire, or ghost).
- One modiem of choice
- One random modiem

Second place

- Second pick from the prizes available for your race(pumpkin, vampire, or ghost).
- One modiem of choice

Third place

- The hairclip left over from the prizes available for your race(pumpkin, vampire, or ghost).
- One random modiem

Rules

Is your Samanayr all pumped up and ready to race? Good! Just make sure you read this important information first:

- Each person is allowed to enter one Samanayr per racing event (not one Samanayr per race).
- If 24 hours have passed from the time applications were opened and all of the races aren't yet filled, each person may submit one more Samanayr to race.
- If you don't own a Samanayr but would like to participate, you may apply using someone else's Samanayr as long as you have the owner's permission. Please see the information under 'prizes' for what will happen if your borrowed Samanayr receives a hairclip. There is more information at the bottom for non-owners, as well as a list of Samanayrs available for use.
- In the event of a tie, there will be a roll-off between those Samanayrs to see who crosses first.
- When submitting your Samanayr, you can choose which race you would like it to be in. If that race is full it will be entered in the next most suitable race (for example, if a Samanayr applied for the Haunted House Hunt and it was already full, but the Trick-or-Treat Run still had open spots, it would be entered into the Trick-or-Treat Run). If no other suitable races are available (for example, if only a flying course is available, and the Samanayr cannot fly), the Samanayr will not be able to race.
- Each Samanayr can only be entered in one race.

Apply to Race

There are three Halloween themed races to choose from:

Witch Flight

Everyone loves a nice flight during the day, but what about at night, on Halloween? Flying by moonlight, will your Samanayr be able to navigate the obstacles or share the skies with other night-time creatures? Only Samanayrs who are able to fly will be able to enter this race.

There are 10 spots open for this race.

Trick-or-Treat Run

Many Songs have gathered at the Song of the Rainbow to celebrate Halloween, and many of those Songs have a representative to give out candies. Unlike ground races in the past, this time the goal is not just to finish first, but to collect the most candies as fast as possible. To enter into the Trick-or-Treat run, your Samanayr must be able to move along the ground, flying is not permitted.

Special Rules: This race has some special Halloween rules. Each placing will be awarded a certain amount of points (first=5 points, second=4 points, etc.) and Samanayrs will be stopping at Songs to collect candy(1-3 pieces). At the end of the race, the amount of candy a Samanayr has collected will be added to their place earnings and the Samanayr with the most points will win. At each Song, Samanayrs will stop(end of turn) to collect their candy, even if you Samanayr had a roll of 6 and only needed to move 1 space.

There are 15 spots open for this race.

Haunted House Hunt

The Song of the Rainbow has set up a spooky haunted house as part of the Halloween fun and games. This haunted house is full of secret passages and scares, will your Samanayr make it out in one piece? To enter into the Haunted House Hunt, your Samanayr must be able to move along the ground, flying is not permitted.

Special Rules: This race has some special Halloween rules. At all times the Samanayr is inside the haunted house, there is a chance that they will get scared and move back 1-2 spaces. Note: this is completely random and does not depend on personality whatsoever. Also, there is a chance of good things happening, like a secret passage that skips spaces or obstacles. Secret passages will take up 1 movement space.

There are 15 spots open for this race.

Racing applications are open NOW. The apply for a race spot, send a PM to my account, silvermoondragon, either on the forum or PI(pm’s sent to Sushidragon may get missed or you miss getting the spot you want), with the subject being the course type you would like your Samanayr to race on (Witch Flight, Trick-or-Treat Run, Haunted House Hunt) and the following filled out:

Samanayr name:
Samanayr ID:
Which race would you like to enter your Sam in (Witch Flight, Trick-or-Treat Run, Haunted House Hunt)?
If the Samanayr is not yours, do you have permission from the owner to use it?
If the Samanayr is not yours, do you understand that any medals won cannot be equipped to it unless they're given to the Sam's owner?

Non-Owner Information

For those of you who don’t yet have a Samanayr of your own, you’re welcome to borrow any of mine (click on the thumbnail for a larger image):
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

And here is a list of Samanayrs that are also available for use.

Orasteele’s Samanayrs:
See List Here
Restrictions: Mystic of the Mineral Earth, Symphony of the Undefined Resonance
Conditions: If they win, that they are allowed to have the hairclip equipped.

CosmicDragon’s Samanayrs:
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Jennalyn’s Samanayrs:
See List Here
Restrictions: Zephyr, and Dance of the Savannah Winds

Kagari’s Samanayrs:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Harroway’s Samanayrs:
See List Here

RikkuGirl’s Samanayrs:
Image Depths of the Endless Horizon

Echos' Samanayrs
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Delicious' Samanayrs
Image Image Image Prism of the Cautious Light, Vibrance of the Warm Sunlight

Pristine's Samanayrs
See List Here
Restrictions: Mystic of the Scarce Rainfall

Janalee's Samanayrs
Image Image Image Image Splash of the River's Bend, Amethyst of Unsuspecting Shadows, Shade on Golden Velvet, Median of the Translucent Glacier

LvSoulFriend's Samanayrs
Image Image Dancer of the Autumn Fields
Restrictions: For others, listed here, pm LvSoulFriend for permission

Pathos' Samanayrs
Image Image Image

Puuka's Samanayrs
Image Image Image Strike of the Hidden Snake

And if you have multiple Samanayrs or are not planning on racing yourself and wouldn’t mind someone else racing with your Samanayr(s), just post here or send me a pm to volunteer them and I will add them to the list.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them! :D

Witch Flight ~FULL~
iforgotmybirthday1 with Hint of the Sly Midnight (384)
Varuna with Flourish of the Sun Ablaze (308)
Delicious with Heat of the Jungle Ablaze (201)
RikkuGirl with Chilling of the Glacial Skies (354)
Janalee with Calamity (375)
Nighthenge with Kiss of the Forbidden Sun (247)
Harroway with Mystic of the Jewelled Sky (263)
Kagari with Foam of a Summer Sea (371)
Lucifer Apollyon with Anura of the Poison Leaf (111)
Aranea with Hunter of the Burning Savanna (067)

Trick-or-Treat Run ~FULL~
Tervenna with Mirage of the Flowering Oasis (292)
Pristine with Mystic of the Scarce Rainfall (264)
Raitalle with Spring of Soft Breezes (071)
nathalia with Blaze of Highland Glory (114)
Smangirl with Seeker of Stolen Dreams (240)
Britain with Luster of the Faded Sapphire (380)
Bright Promise with Sea of Tranquil Coasts (274)
reduni387 with Perfume of New Flowers (147)
Perf with Misery of Fallen Rain (152)
dragonspyrit with Decadence of the Orchestral Spectrum (359)
HybridSiren with Echo of Faded Earth (138)
Ogre with Cavalier of the Turning Sun (288)
Calomel with Tumble of the Dusty Twilight (162)
Tasmen with Spirit of the Incandescent Flame (353)
Xenon with Scythe of the Pale Apocalypse (340)

Haunted House Hunt ~FULL~
Yuiven with Passage of the Bold Storm (312)
Origami_Dragon with Searing of the Sands Aflame (260)
Bluestarwolf12 with Calamity of the Broken Rainbow (313)
Jennalyn with Hazard (376)
Math with Lull of the Lazy Summer (o438)
superdoug with Shade of Hidden Azure (066)
Puuka with Spirit of Stars Scattered (289)
CosmicDragon with Fury of the Cheated Hunter (189)
LvSoulFriend with Melody of the Heavenly Dream (357)
Celestial with Gem of the Scattered Sky (391)
Orasteele with Symphony of the Undefined Resonance (392)
Echos with Snap of the Lemon Twist (273)
Pathos with Flash of the Imperial Sky (394)
SmilodonArt with Scintillation of the Fading Flame (395)
AranelSaraphim with Shimmer of the Poisonous Coils (316)
Results:
Witch Flight
First: Janalee with Calamity (375)
Second: Harroway with Mystic of the Jewelled Sky (263)
Third: iforgotmybirthday1 with Hint of the Sly Midnight (384)

Trick-or-Treat Run
First: Bright Promise with Sea of Tranquil Coasts (274)
Second: Tervenna with Mirage of the Flowering Oasis (292)
Third: Pristine with Mystic of the Scarce Rainfall (264)

Haunted House Hunt
First: Pathos with Flash of the Imperial Sky (394)
Second: Orasteele with Symphony of the Undefined Resonance (392)
Third: Bluestarwolf12 with Calamity of the Broken Rainbow (313)
Last edited by silvermoondragon on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:40 am, edited 30 times in total.
Varuna
Samanayr
Samanayr

Re: Spooky Races!

Post by Varuna »

Samanayr name: Flourish of the Sun Ablaze
Samanayr ID: 308
Which race would you like to enter your Sam in (Witch Flight, Trick-or-Treat Run, Haunted House Hunt)? Witch Flight
If the Samanayr is not yours, do you have permission from the owner to use it? She's mine. :)
If the Samanayr is not yours, do you understand that any medals won cannot be equipped to it unless they're given to the Sam's owner? Yes. :)
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

The apply for a race spot, send a PM to my account, silvermoondragon, either on the forum or PI(pm’s sent to Sushidragon may get missed or you miss getting the spot you want), with the subject being the course type you would like your Samanayr to race on (Witch Flight, Trick-or-Treat Run, Haunted House Hunt) and the following filled out:
*hugs V* ^^;; dont want you to miss your chance.
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Samanayr name: Hazard
Samanayr ID: 376
Which race would you like to enter your Sam in? Haunted House Hunt
If the Samanayr is not yours, do you have permission from the owner to use it?: Mine!
If the Samanayr is not yours, do you understand that any medals won cannot be equipped to it unless they're given to the Sam's owner?: Mine!
Last edited by Jennalyn on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

Bwahaha... thanks Rikku. Amended mine.
Would also like to say that for all non owners, all of mine (save the one entered - Heat), are available for use. :) Although the two Northern Aquatic, I think, would be at a supreme disadvantage...
-
Image Image
Image ImageImageImage
Last edited by Delicious on Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Varuna
Samanayr
Samanayr

Post by Varuna »

Whoops. Leave it to me to overlook the important bits~ ;) Thanks for letting me know.
Pristine
Mystic
Mystic
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Pristine »

Hope I entered correctly. All of my Samanayrs are up for public use EXCEPT Mystic of the Scarce Rainfall...

http://www.forlornmists.com/?page_id=52

Good luck to everyone :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Math
Life without Sams is like Life without Air... It's Not Possible!

Post by Math »

I sent in my app. <3 Lull is going to hopefully do the Haunted House one. :)
ImageImage
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Bounty of the Summer Deep (178), Dancer of the Autumn Fields (o432), and Gloss of the New Chestnut (030) are all available for others to use.

Those that are interested in using Misery, Whip, Mist, or Mystic need to ask first :D

All are in my signature!

I just request that you let me have the clip they win, so it can be equipped :D
Smangirl
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Smangirl »

Samanayr name: Seeker of Stolen Dreams
Samanayr ID: 240
Which race would you like to enter your Sam in (Witch Flight, Trick-or-Treat Run, Haunted House Hunt)? Trick-or-Treat Run
If the Samanayr is not yours, do you have permission from the owner to use it?
If the Samanayr is not yours, do you understand that any medals won cannot be equipped to it unless they're given to the Sam's owner?
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

I entered Mystic of the Jewelled Sky, but all of my other ones are open! <3
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

Just want to mention that I've entered Snap of the Lemon Twist, so she is no longer available for non owners. All my others still are though :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
reduni387
Yearling
Yearling

Post by reduni387 »

sounds interesting! :D Perfume may be at a disadvantage, but it's always worth trying XD

Samanayr name: Perfume of New Flowers
Samanayr ID: 147
Which race would you like to enter your Sam in (Witch Flight, Trick-or-Treat Run, Haunted House Hunt)? Trick or Treat Run
If the Samanayr is not yours, do you have permission from the owner to use it? N/A
If the Samanayr is not yours, do you understand that any medals won cannot be equipped to it unless they're given to the Sam's owner? N/A
HybridSiren
The Resident Linkin Park Fangirl
Favorite Sam species: Illiayr

Post by HybridSiren »

*goes to contact CosmicDragon* >x>;;
[he/they]
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

There appear to be 10 spots left. *watches intently*
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

The Haunted House Hunt is now full however there is still one spot left in the Witch Flight and seven more in the Trick-or-Treat Run.
HybridSiren
The Resident Linkin Park Fangirl
Favorite Sam species: Illiayr

Post by HybridSiren »

Samanayr name: Echo of Faded Earth
Samanayr ID: 138
Which race would you like to enter your Sam in (Witch Flight, Trick-or-Treat Run, Haunted House Hunt)?: Trick or Treat run
If the Samanayr is not yours, do you have permission from the owner to use it?: Yep, it's on the list of those allowed to be borrowed. :3
If the Samanayr is not yours, do you understand that any medals won cannot be equipped to it unless they're given to the Sam's owner?: Aye aye!
[he/they]
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

The Witch Flight is now full as well. Still 4 spots left in the Trick-or-Treat Run.
Puuka
Fluffy
Fluffy
Favorite Sam species: Healer, Illiyar, Rider

Post by Puuka »

It's a little late, buuuut...

Any of my Sams (except for Spirit of Stars Scattered - because I'm racing her XD) are available for anyone to use - so long as I'm allowed to equip and use the hair clip if you win :D

ImageImageImage
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

@Puuka - added them to the list of available Samanayrs

Just to let everyone know, I'm heading off to bed now so I won't be able to update the registration list until tomorrow morning.

Still 2 spots left in the Trick-or-Treat run.
Takaeji
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Takaeji »

EDIT: ...I failed. >_>;

You saw nothing. << >> <<
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Re: Spooky Races! -Registration Full-

Ok, the race registration is now complete, don't forget to check back on the 22nd around 2:00 EST and 11:00 PST (the same time the registration opened)

For those of you who sent in applications last night and didn't get in, you can still come out and watch the races and cheer the racers on, and there's still the costume contest on the 24th.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Races!? Today!? YES! XD
My Sams!

silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer

Re: Spooky Races! Let the Races Begin!

As the Samanayrs waited for night to fall, their excitement grew. Finally, it was time for the start of the races. First up was the Witch Flight, and the Samanayrs were all lined up and ready to go:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Races will be starting in a few minutes.
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

Twill be here right? :D Im angry cause im about to go on lunch! I hope I make it home in time for this to start. :3
My Sams!