Looking for help - thank you!

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Looking for help - thank you!

Post by Sushidragon »

Thank you so much for the offers of help and event suggestions! I'll be in touch :D

--

Well, I knew that I wanted to have Samanayrs for the 12 Days of Christmas to give away, but I'm terrible at coming up with events XD I need your help!

My ideal would be to have one event per guest-colored Sam, since they're all going to be special and awesome, but that would mean 12 different events. So I'm thinking of something like 6 events with two guest artist Sams as prizes, with the first-place winner getting first pick and the second-place winner getting the other one. What do you guys think?

Another idea I had was to do one of those big events where there's a bunch of mini-games that you can collect points in, and then the person with the most points gets first pick, the person with the second-most points gets second pick, etc.

Actually, now that I think of it, I think it'd be fun to do a mixture of both XD So, I would love some assitance in running things! Please reply to this post if you'd be interested in helping out, and what type of event you'd like to help run.
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Re: Looking for help running the Christmas events!

Post by silvermoondragon »

Well, I think I will be pretty busy with final exams the first half of December, but I will be all finished and home by the 20th if you still need help. However, I can give some event suggestions:

- a Gingerbread house contest, make a gingerbread house, take a picture, and post it
- some sort of Christmas colouring contest, I remember grocery stores always seemed to have a Christmas themed colouring contest, at least the one we always went to did...
- pick a reindeer/present, simple easy game of chance
- don't know what to call this or if I can explain it very well, but there would be a bunch of presents, and the first person gets to pick a present open it, second person picks another present and open either opens it or swaps with the first person, and so on (you could have maybe some of the Samanayrs in presents as well as some with points and some with items)

I'll add in some more as I think of them.

*runs off to catch bus*
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

I'd be more than happy to help out, with whatever you need assistance with XD I'm all out of ideas, sadly XD
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

@ Silvermoondragon: That's called a white elephant. ^__^

You could do an advent calendar type of thing where you'd have everyone sign up, and each for day before Christmas one random person was picked for that day's door. Behind it could be a mini pet, a tradable item, modium, sam, or sam certificate, but no one would know what the day's draw would bring till the door was opened. As people win they'd be taken out of the running for the rest of the days, so it's fair. It gives everyone something to look forward to each day!

You could have a sam expedition with a christmas theme behind it, Kind alike decorating a tree or something. I'd gladly run both an RP expo and a random one too, if you'd like!

I really enjoyed the guess a sam thing that went on during the anniversary party! It was a blast and fun to work on getting up the points. I think a mixture of events would be a blast!
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Post by CosmicDragon »

I'd love to help out with the Christmas events! :D I'm gonna have so much free time then it's not even funny.
I love Ora's idea of a christmas themed expedition, and a gathering-points style event is always a winner in my book. :3 There are so many options for christmas!
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

I want to help! :D I have alot of ideas. :3

Ginger bread house contest - Draw a bunch of different shapes of ginger bread. Then each person has to take those shapes and make a ginger bread house with them on the computer. They can stretch pieces, alter them and what not. So pretty much you get a bunch of pieces in a gif, take them to paint and make a gingerbread house with the pieces. You can use each piece as many times as youd like.

Snowball fight! - It is kinda like a random game with a race sort of twist. There is a roster to sign up and once all the slots are taken the fight begins. Whoever is running the event will go on a random dice roller site and get random results. Each person gets a roll. Each number on the dice has an action thats taken. *these are just rough ideas*

1- You got hit by a snowball and are now out
2- Just narrowly missed getting hit by a snow ball but your still in the game, nothing happens
3- You escape a snowball and fall to the ground, skip your next roll
4- Your snowball melts on you. Roll again this turn.
5- Santa comes and grants you with a golden snowball, roll twice next turn.
6- You hid inside a snow man and are Safe, Nothing happens.

So the only way to get out is to get a 1. The game goes on till everyone gets a one and is out. The last person standing is the snow ball champ! :D

Gift of Giving - This is an event to try and guess what gift the specific sam would like best. Whichever sam is up for grabs the object is to come up with the perfect gift for the sam. A mini bio will be made on the sam, nothing hugely specific but enough info that you can understand a little of the sams likes and dislikes. So pretty much you have to come up with a gift for them and why you decided that. So sorta an imaginative/background contest.

Stalkings!! - One of the sams has never had a stalking before! Color the stalking to best match the Sam. The most creative and best fitting stalking wins.

Roasted Chestnut! - This is kinda like hot potato. Chestnuts have just came off the fire and they need to be cooled. Toss the chestnut from one player to the other untill the chestnut cools. Each time some one ends up with the cooled chestnut they get a point and then whoever has the most points after so many rounds wins. A tie breaker can be added just in case.

Mush! - This is a game to figure out the best sled sam team! Each team consists of 3 sams. Each contestant in the sled race will choose which 3 sams they want from the owners who volunteer their sams for the event. The lead sam of the group is the most important and will effect the race. Once each person has got their team together they are ready for the race. The race will go on just like the "races" that are already held. The difference is that all the sams have to work together to get the sled to the end. ALL of their mutations will come into effect and will either slow them down or will help them overcome the obsticles. Like if you have a flyer and a non flyer on a team they will not be able to clear a water hazard ;) Since one cannot fly. ^_^ So its like the races just with a twist.

Santa needs a diet! - Santa clause has gotten too fat. His belt wont fit and his pants just split! Find the cookies he has hidden all over the sams site and on some of PI to take them away! Find all the cookies and keep santa on his diet.

Snowflake fake! - There is one snow flake. The goal is to find the snowflake that matches it COMPLETELY! This one will be VERY tricky. Snowflakes will be all over the sams site and forum. They all will be different but only SLIGHTLY. The one person to find the EXACT match for the main one will win.

Bah humbug! - A Humbug is on the loose! never seen one? Well here it is *Picture of what a humbug should look like*. The humbug is notorious for foiling dinners and stealing presents, help catch him before its too late. The humbug has left a bunch of clues to help you find where he is and catch him. Answer the clues! Each question that is answered will give the first person to answer correctly 1 point. First to acumulate 15 points will have caught the humbug!

Christmas Tree Calamity - Oh no! The christmas tree has not been decorated and the sam wants to get some ideas on what to do! Find pictures of beautifuly decorated christmas trees and post them with a reason of why you chose the picture. Pictures of personal trees are allowed. The person with the prettiest and most creative tree wins.

Rudolphs got a cold! - Rudolph needs to get better. Randomly throughout the event the person in charge of this event will say a random quote.

Rudolph has sneezed! *Box of tissues picture*
Rudolph is hungry! *Chicken soup Picture*
Rudolph needs his meds! *Medicine Bottle Picture*

Each time one of these is said the picture next to it is to be posted. The first person to post the picture gets a point. Whoever gets to 20 points has cured Rudolph and gets the sam! :D

Thats all i got at the moment. ^_^;; I can come up with more if needed. :D
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Pathos
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Pathos »

I'd love to help as well! There's so many great ideas on this thread, I'd love to be a part of any of them! :D
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Thank you so much for the offers of help! I'll be in touch with folks within the next few days :D

And thank you also for the game suggestions! Looks like we'll be having an expedition for sure (Orasteele, did Yuiven get in touch with you?) and there's going to be a point-gathering event for sure!
Image Image

RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

:D I hope I can help. ^^ An expedition sounds awesome. I LOVE RP based things. And also All of my sams are available for any events that will be thrown that need other Sams or volunteers.

*pushes her sams forward* o.o

:D
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Yep! Yuiven did! ^___^
DawnStar7
Star Born

Post by DawnStar7 »

Ooh, this sounds like it's going to be a blast! I've no idea what my schedule will be like, so I sadly can't volunteer to help. :cry: And I don't really have any ideas that would trump what's already been posted.
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Re: Looking for help - points checker?

Post by Sushidragon »

I'd love for someone to go through the two points threads and make sure I have all of the points numbers correct :D Let me know if you'd like to do that! You don't need to be a member of PI, since you just need to read the thread. Thank you!
Image Image

LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

I'll do it for you Sushi, if you want :)
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

That would be great, thank you so much :D
Image Image