Breeding Plans and Plotting

Your place to discuss very serious Samanayr-related issues. Because Samanayrs are always serious. Always.
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master
Favorite Sam species: Minayr
Location: Everywhere. And Nowhere. But definitely not Somewhere.

Breeding Plans and Plotting

Post by CosmicDragon »

>:D
So. That special time has come around once more (or is about to) where all those hopeful songs gather their modiems and prepare for the clippity-clop of little hooves (or paws, or claws...) But who are the lucky pairings this time round? What do you guys have planned for your songs, or perhaps for the nearest open song?

Planning for a new species, or that rare trait you've been dying to get your hands on? Perhaps you're just looking to match up the most striking colours and see what happens! Either way, it's getting towards the time when mailboxes are flooded with breeding requests, so lets get those ideas out there and see who's still available, and who's already got it on this season.

... So yeah. XD

Personally, I've got a few pairs I've been debating, namely my little Samba and Jen's Hazard, or perhaps Plunge and Sybil! Course, there is always calling in a couple of favours to put together something truly random... XD But I digress. I'd love to be hoarding for that new species that's been brewing at the back of my mind, but I still have quite the number of modiems to collect, so that's and idea for another season. :3
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Re: Breeding Plans and Plotting

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Hee, my plans for this season are the same as my plans for last season since the breeding didn't succeed then. Try to get my Hum to have a baby with Steele's Rend. I haven't decided yet if I'd like to use any modiems on them. If I do they'll either have twins or wind up with some random color on the baby. Such is my plan for every breeding season until Hum finally gives in and has those babies.

Then I move on to convincing Pining to do the same thing! I have several plans for Aquatic babies as well...but one of them will use the token I got for Christmas and the rest have to wait until I gather the modiems again.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

I'm hoping to find either a pair that have very natural colors, and create a new species with them (feline!), providing that I get three more rarity modiems before breeding season starts.

Failing that, I'm planning on finding a pair of Mystics, and trying for a baby from them. Desert baby too, I think.

Really want to create a new species though XD
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Good luck on creating the new species! It's so much fun! But if you don't manage to you are more than welcome to use any of my mares in Song of the Quartered Dawn for a mystic breeding.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Ohhh, goodie! Glad to hear you say that *grins* Now to decide which of the 30 pairs to go with XD
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

I'd like to use Whip and Oath from the Song of the Jungle Hunters as a try for a baby! I've got tons of other ideas too, but they "speak" to me the most during this season. All of my Sammies are open for use for anyone if they're interested (I'm making Crumble an open Sam). I love hearing what people are trying for. I think it's so interesting to see what aspirations people have for pairs. I love genetics and the great googly eyes of foals. ;_; <3 Breeding season is my favorite time for Sammies!

I'm wondering if perhaps some Mystic or otherwise magical pairs will produce a Sibyl this season? :o
Echos
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Desert

Post by Echos »

I'd love to try and get an aboreal or aquatic baby this season but I'm not sure what pairs. My favorite aboreal isn't in a song yet but I might see if I can arrange a breed with Koi of the Glorious Pond and Singer of the Coral Reef.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

*high-five's Echos* I got permission to breed Koi of the Glorious Pond to Torrent this time around! I'm crossing my fingers that it will happen. XD
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Post by silvermoondragon »

I'm thinking about breeding Blue and Stillness and possibly using modiems to get a baby Sa'grisayr but if Calling and Shard of the Emerald Reborn start a song together we might try for twins.
Saiki
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Aboreal

Post by Saiki »

I have permission from Jennalyn and Tervenna to breed Hazard and Blaze. I'm so excited! <3
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

8D Wheee! My plans might be changing, but shhh... It's a secret for now. ;) At least until I get a definite answer.

Some very cool plans are surfacing! :D Can't wait to see what comes out of them when D-day comes around.
"The universe is big. It's vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles." - 11th Doctor
Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Just got permission from Reky to breed Streak of the Weeping Sky and Shifter of the Quiet Ocean. *wiggles excitedly* I'll be using two breeding modiems. *crosses fingers for success* X3
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

:O
Oooh, they'll make some gorgeous babies! Got my fingers crossed for you! -grins-
I just managed to snag permission to use Puuka's Healer and Harroways Mystic of the Jewelled Sky for a spazztastically random pairing. XD So that's me sorted.
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Orasteele »

Oooo grats Cosmic!
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

Got permission to breed Koi and Singer, hopefully well have a few aquatic babies swimming around this season *fingers crossed*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tervenna
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Tervenna »

I got permission to use Shifter of the Bright Sands and River of the Folded Light :D

Hopefully, I'll be able to remember to send in the form XD
Delicious
Mystic
Mystic

Post by Delicious »

I've not QUITE decided on my prospective pair... I'm rather set on using one of my Xmas cookies and a pair of breeding tokens on it should it take, so I really want it to be special. :) However, for those that are still waffling - I've set my newest (and technically only at the moment) song to Open for this season. :D

So those of you who are looking for a pudgy northern aquatic love - feel free to use the duo in the Song of the Arctic Seas.
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

I've finally decided on what I'm doing XD

Going to be breeding Whip of the Baleful Hunter and Snap of Lemon Twist together ...

For triplets :twisted:

Deciding now if I want to use the christmas cookie with them as well XD I can imagine Whip's face as one of his foals from Snap has wings, one has a fluffy coat, and one has a tree on it's head XD
Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Holy cow LV! Whip is going to be busy this season! XD
Echos
Mystery
Mystery

Post by Echos »

That would be an epic breeding, I thoroughly approve. Snap and Whip might be in for a handful of little surprises though XD
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Whip: What the heck was in that cookie you ate?!? *eyes foal with triple feather wings, overheating foal with fluffy Northern coat, and foal stuck on the ground with a redwood tree on it's head*

Bwahahaha XD
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

Weird question... I know. If we are in a song and the stallion is another persons... since we are already in the song and were approved to be so... do we still need their permission to breed... o.o;; I thought since we were in the song permission was granted auto...

o.o;; first breeding season and I dont want to screw up. O.<
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

Nope. Your mare being in the song grants approval to use the stallion. :) I learned that last breeding season, myself!
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Xenon
Will Stalk You

Post by Xenon »

Scythe needs little baby Scythes, I think. <3 And I'm stupidly excited for it. Regrets is such a pretty thing, and he does so love her. Babies would thrill his stupid butt. :3

Everyone has picked such lovely Sams this time around, I can't wait to see the results. <3
CosmicDragon
Mirror Master
Mirror Master

Post by CosmicDragon »

XD He's going to be so freaked out, methinks. I shall have to draw them climbing all over him. -nods-

-crosses fingers for everyone- I can't wait to see what comes out of this breeding season! :D All the pairs are absolutely epic!