Hey, it's that "New Member" smell!

Talk about anything you want here.
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr
Favorite Sam species: Healer

Hey, it's that "New Member" smell!

Post by Eirnae »

Greetings, everyone! I'm best known as Eirnae, but if you'd like to, please feel free to shorten my name to "Nae". Roleplay and writing in general have been my passions for a long time now, and I have been a member of several roleplaying communities. I keep a small piece of every character I have created and every roleplay community I have been a part of with me wherever I go. I promise that doesn't make me quite as "jigsawed" as it sounds. ;)

The concept of adoptables isn't new to me, but I wasn't familiar with the sites involved in the genre until quite recently. So imagine my delight when I stumbled upon Magi Stream, then Little Fae, and finally, Pony Island. It was the latter that drew me into the world of the Samanayrs. Sushi's artwork is beautiful, creative, and inspiring, but ultimately it was the browsing of this forum and witnessing both the friendly atmosphere and magnificent roleplay that drove me to join. I can only hope that one day I will find my niche here and mingle my ideas with the many.

Now for a confession. I first spotted Samanayrs years ago. At the time, I was too busy with other things to make the leap, as the site seemed to be very involved. I regret that I didn't try harder to join back then, as who knows what that decision would have led to?

Anyway, I am here now, and I'm eager to learn all that I can about the people who love this place and its glorious story! :D
silvermoondragon
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Proud Samanayr Fosterer
Favorite Sam species: Sa'grisayr

Re: Hey, it's that "New Member" smell!

Post by silvermoondragon »

Welcome to the forums!
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Nae, welcome to the Samanayr community! We're an odd but friendly little bunch and this forum of Sushi's is sort of a peaceful haven on the net for us. For me, at the very least.

I'm Jenn - collector extraordinaire, hounder of Mystics, coder of the database, and all around nerd-factory. Should you ever wish Sams for a breeding, I have quite a few Songs to my name and several others that my mares are a part of. I'm usually very willing to extend permission for otherwise "closed" breedings to those who take the time and ask.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here. Barring that, shoot me a PM! I'm a roleplayer on several boards, most notably Samanayrs and Suits of Decadence, and I'm always up for a chat.
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Eirnae »

It's a pleasure to meet you, silvermoondragon and Jenn!

*Reads Jenn's "resume" and can't help the grin that takes over her face* Ah, a fellow individual who understands their inner nerd. Wonderful! I will gladly keep your offer in mind, Jenn, and I will strive to not abuse it. In regard to roleplay, I fear that I am restricted from such until I have my own Sam, but once that condition is met you will most likely find my posts all over the place. :D If there are any that you find to be particularly enjoyable, I would be delighted to be directed to them so that I may stalk their pages and plot for the day when I may participate.

Right now, a question does come to mind. How would you suggest that a newcomer get started here? Well, other than make an introductory post, of course.
Orasteele
Mystery
Mystery
Favorite Sam species: Misery

Post by Orasteele »

Greetings Erinae! I'm Steele (though some call me Ora or Chu) and also an avid collector of the wonderful creations of Sushi's imagination! Like Jenn I have more than my share of Songs, most of which are considered closed, but I am almost always willing to say yes to anyone who asks me to breed to them. Britain is my better half, and while she isn't as active on the board as I am, I can most certainly act as a go between on most anything.

I don't bite, so feel free to PM me anytime! Even if I haven't posted in a while I do check in almost every day to see what's going on. ^_~

So yeah! Welcome to the Samanayr Forum and one of the best little online communities you will find!
Jennalyn
Collector and CodeMonkey
Collector and CodeMonkey
Favorite Sam species: Kodyla

Post by Jennalyn »

Nerds should most certainly band together. Strength in numbers and all that.

The best way to get started is probably to familiarize yourself with the main Samanayr website. If you haven't already, check out the different species, informational blurbs, traits, breedings information, and all that jazz.

http://www.samanayrs.net/

Another truly excellent way to become familiar with the species is to browse the database. Recorded there are all currently existing (or found) Samanayrs, Songs, and items. It can be incredibly fun to play with.

http://www.samanayrs.net/database.php

Aside from that, check out the Events board of this forum. Once you have ten posts, there's a non-owner draw you can sign up for, though Sushi hasn't done any of those for quite some time. Best not to pin your hopes on it too hard. Checking this forum constantly for new events is a great way to start. I know that she'll be putting up a May draw soon, which are always random.
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Eirnae »

Thank you, Steele, and I'm glad to meet you! I will also keep that in mind and be a good girl and not pester you to the brink of insanity should such an opportunity arise. If need be, I will also remember about Britain. One can never have too many contacts or friends. :)

I already feel very welcome indeed! *Settles into the forum with a sound similar to the spreading of tree roots* Aaaah, comfy.

I'm partly done with both, Jenn, though I still have a lot of reading to do. The database is huuuuuuuuge! :shock: I think that's going to take several days to browse. My goodness, what a project! Not to dismiss the website itself. That is also impressive! I'll do my best to absorb as much info as I can.

I'll be sticking to the Events forum like glue to a shoe. Thank you for the advice, Jenn! :D
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer
Favorite Sam species: Butterfly Sams

Post by RikkuGirl »

WELCOME! :D So glad to have you! *wiggles* :3
My Sams!

Im a Chicken... Moooooo! D:
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Eirnae »

Hello, Rikku! May I call you Rikku? :oops:

Thank you for the welcome, and I can promise that you'll be seeing a lot of me! *Scampers about the forum like a kitten chasing string*
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

OFCOURSE you can call me that. XD *wiggles*

*steals your string* X3 Mine. *plays*

Oh really?! :D yay! I love dedicated members. ^_^ So much more fun to play and talk wis.

Do you by chance RP? O_O!! *waits excitedly*
My Sams!

Harroway
Painter
Favorite Sam species: Sibyls

Post by Harroway »

Welcome welcome welcome~ :D

Everybody here is fantastically helpful and very nice, and we're all willing to help out by answering questions or just being around to talk, myself included! I'm Harroway, but you can call me Harro if you'd like. XD I don't mind either.

I have a few Songs, though not as many as Jenn or Steele! All of mine are Open Songs or have Open members in them. :D Except for my seraph Mystics, but I'm more than willing to let people use them in breedings. They're my babies~ <3

If you ever want to talk, drop me a line and let me know!
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Eirnae »

Yahoo! *Grins at the Rikku ... then gasps as her string is taken!*

My string! *Gamboles after Rikku and tumbles at the last, and worst, possible second* Eeek! :shock:

Pah-thump! Oops. Sowwy? OooOOoo, string! *Gets all tangled up* <3

RP? Oh, yes, I RP! I love to roleplay! :D Once I get me a Sam, it'll be all about the RP! *Tries to bounce in excitement, but the string makes it more into a mini-hop*

Harrow, Harro! (I know, that was horrible, but I couldn't resist! *tomatoed*)

Thank you for your greeting, and I'm very pleased to meet you! :) I'm fresh out of questions for the moment, but if the urge to chat possesses me, I'll definitely scamper your way. :D
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

*FLAILS* XD Eeee :3 yay A new friend who is just as energetic as me XD *wiggles madly*

Um... o.o;; *pokes* Who said you had to has one? XD

You are welcome to use one of mine if youd like XD

They have never really interacted before.. so it would be kinda cool XD

Check out my profiles on the RP section of the forum and if one takes your fancy let me know! :D We can have an ADVENTURE!!!!!!!!!

*bounds off into the distance with a small colt under her arm like a tote bag*

*marches*

XD
My Sams!

Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Eirnae »

:shock:

*Squeal!* Oh, that is such an awesome idea!

*Scrambles free of the string and runs off in search of RPness!* Fweee hee heee!
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

:D

yay! Well if youd like, pick one of my lovlies, any one that makes you squeal.

And we can start one. :3 Let me know and ill start it, or if youd like you may start it. ^_^

Most of mine have general personalities that you can read in their profiles... but for the most part they are not fully fixed...

so your more than welcome to rp them as you will! :D

*wiggles with excitement*
My Sams!

Bluestarwolf12
Blue of the Howling Stars
Blue of the Howling Stars
Favorite Sam species: Sa'Grisayr

Post by Bluestarwolf12 »

Well, hello there Eirnae! :3 I'm Bluestarwolf, but most people call me either Blue or Bluestar. I'm a somewhat newer addition to the Sam community in comparison to several others, but I have been here for a little short of a year. I don't RP as often as I probably could, but I do enjoy it when I do. I really look foward to seeing you around the forum! :D
LvSoulFriend
Song Wrangler
Song Wrangler
Favorite Sam species: Mystic

Post by LvSoulFriend »

Welcome!

I'm Lv, or LvSoul, or Emily XD

I tend to be more of a lurker than most, I have a bad tendency to make RPs die >> Just about all of my Sams are available for a breeding, even if they're in a closed Song :D Exceptions are ones that I've promised to others already XD I was the Song wrangler, hunting down old forgotten songs, and entering them into the db, back when it was new >> Was it a year ago? Time flies when you're having fun!

Glad to have you here :D
Sushidragon
Samanayr Wrangler
Samanayr Wrangler

Post by Sushidragon »

Hello, and welcome to the Samanayr forums :D Always happy to see new people around! I'm Sushidragon (formerly Skysong), and my fiance Mr Sushi (Rizulli) is also a forum lurker.

I think the nice thing about Samanayrs is that you only need to be as involved as you'd like to be, or as much as you have the time for. I know not everyone has the time or inclination for extensive RP or fancy page-making (as awesome as both of those things are!), and there's a lot of events that don't require quite as much time to participate in. If you keep entering contests and events, I'm sure you'll have your first Samanayr in no time :D

As always, if you have any questions, just ask!
Image Image

Current icon by Plaguedog
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Eirnae »

*Gets home and logs onto the forums to see that her intro post got some more lovely visitors* Hello, hello, everyone! <3

Bluestar, I'll gladly watch for you in the RP section and look forward to interacting with you and your Sams! :)

Lv (I went for the shortest one, I'm so lazy! XD), thank you for the warm welcome, and I'll hope to see you about!

Eek! :shock: I got a visit from the Sushi herself! I am not worthy! *Insert more hero worship here. Beware of cavities and sudden pits of darkness opening under feet*

Thank you very much for the welcome, Sushi, and I can say with full confidence that I shall be one of the active folk around here! Not that I'm doing so to get a Sam, though I'll admit I would have a joygasm if such were to happen. No, I sense real friendliness here, and it makes me want to belong more than ever! <3

You are all wonderful to have made my first day here so post-filled. Thank you! *Hugs all around!*

Oh, and I want to say this somewhere, and as I don't have a thread to call my own (Yet!), I'll do so here:

RikkuGirl has given me permission to roleplay Depths of the Endless Horizon until I get a Sam of my own.

Thank you, Rikku! You're a sweet soul, and I will do my very best to portray her to your satisfaction! :D
RikkuGirl
Samanayr Dreamer

Post by RikkuGirl »

:D your very welcome my dear! ^_^ Yes, that is true. I give her full permission to use Depths for any rp's contests and such until she gets her own. :3

Im very excited and very glad to see your excited! XD
My Sams!

AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

*waves and hellos*

I got into Sams via PI as well, and when I had to give up my account there (I got a little obsessed and had to step away), I had to keep up here, because I love my Sams so very much! :)

It's always nice to see new people around, I hope you enjoy your stay! :D
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3
Origami_Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Watchful Dragon
Favorite Sam species: You mean I have to choose?

Post by Origami_Dragon »

Greetings and welcome to our cozy little community here! It's nice to see another RPer joining up; our RP forums are rather quiet most of the time it seems.

I'm Origami_Dragon, but you can just call me Ori. I enjoy RPing as well, at least when my muse will cooperate, which sometimes doesn't happen after a crazy stretch at work. So you'll see me sporatically around the RP boards, playing with my collection of pretties.

Good luck on getting your first Sam! Don't forget to go join in this month's free draw! A rather different sort of draw this month, and quite fun looking! And Sushi will be drawing live on Ustream tonight and giving out a Sam to one lucky person who joins the chat while watching! There's so many ways to get hold of one of these lovelies!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
madhatter123
Yearling
Yearling

Post by madhatter123 »

Hello Nae! Welcome to the forums! I'm still new to this part of the Sam world so maybe we can help eachother out! :)

My name is Mad hatter here and on PI if you ever want to pm me! :P
Eirnae
Lamanayr
Lamanayr

Post by Eirnae »

Hello there, Asara! *Waves back with a grin* I hope you don't mind me shortening your name to that. ^_^; Thank you for welcoming me. I hope to have many a good time here!

A pleasure to meet you, Ori! Harro mentioned in a PM that you are a good friend of hers, and a friend of Harro's is a friend of mine! :) I met Harro years ago back when we were both on a different site. She recognized my account name, as it's pretty much the same as that old one with the lack of a long word, and checked if it was me. I'm delighted to be on a site with her again! She's a really special lady. :D Yup, if you're reading this, Harro, I'll say it again: You're a really special lady! XD

I'm already poking at some RPs due to Rikku's kindness of lending me Depths of the Endless Horizon to roleplay with, and am considering starting one of my own. That last part I'm rather iffy on, as I don't want to abuse Rikku's good graces.

Oh, I really do want my first, but I'm trying to be patient. <3 I know that there's a lot of chances, so I'm just going to do my very best! As for the Ustream event, I can't run that program at my workplace, which is where I'm going to be when it happens this time. So, while I am a little disappointed that I'm going to miss it, I'm looking forward to seeing what beautiful creations Sushi come up with. :D I did enter the free draw, though! I also put in an entry for the non-owner semi-custom, but I'm not counting on the latter. It was just another way to put forth some effort into getting a Sam. :mrgreen:

Why, thank you, Mad Hatter! Very kind of you. :) I'd be delighted to lend my assistance and accept yours in return. Sammyverse newbies unite! *Dances!*
AsaraDragon
Nemesis
Favorite Sam species: Elementals

Post by AsaraDragon »

:D
Oh yes, Asara is fine. That's my sn just about everywhere, but some places it's taken, so I put the dragon bit on there, or dragoness, depending. It was AsaraDragon on PI, which is why I carried it over here, since all of my Sams have that name on their certs. *bounce*
Welcome again!
ImageImageImageImage <3 <3